Unlimited Creativity Works > Doujin Projects

Anyone up for Visual Novel translation?

(1/2) > >>

Xamusel:
Okay, a bit of backstory for what I have in mind. Y'see, I had the fortune of finding a way to translate Visual Novels on the fly without cracking the games. This method would allow me to play games without having to break the immersion... though I thought to turn this opportunity into a chance to fan translate Visual Novels with a group.

The first game I thought to do this with is Princess Lover... and, believe me, that game needs a translation patch fast! I already spoke with Cherry about if he wanted to help out... he said yes (on the stipulation that he was making the patches).

Anyone else up for the task involved with this job?

Cherry Lover:
Well, I'm quite happy to help, but we do need someone who can speak Japanese for this to be remotely viable.

Xamusel:
Well, under normal circumstances, true... but I have access to a program that I'd be more than happy to share with you guys that is made for doing this sort of thing for us.

...you guys need the link, don't you?

Cherry Lover:
Erm, I hope you're not suggesting machine translation. That's a good way to get us laughed at.

Xamusel:
Not strictly, but this program can be coupled with a native English speaker (and a native Japanese speaker potentially), to make the translations smoother.

...then again, my only luck with translation is machine translation, which I find annoying (though I want to improve my Japanese a lot more than that).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version