Author Topic: Write a Fanfic... if you DARE (The Dare Thread)  (Read 13620 times)

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
Re: Write a Fanfic... if you DARE (The Dare Thread)
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2013, 08:19:47 PM »
SO
HOW
ABOUT
THEM
DARES
???? :-D :-D :-D
Hm well, I don't read your fics so I don't really know Satoshi, so I'll pass.

Though once Arch is done his fic for Xamusel, I totally have one in mind specifically for him.
Hit me with the idea, the Shirou/Shinji fistfight is something I can crank out today without issue.
Remember your steampunk wizardry enforcer bro and my apparently-durrsden(I have reasons why this isn't true but NOBODY CARES) from the fanfic contest a while back?

Write something about them.

You can use any other characters you like(canon as much as anything), just write about those two, doing things together.

This is why it's you-only. Because I know you read both pieces.

Come to me if you need anything, except advice on how to pick up ladies.

Xamusel

• Number XV of the Organization
  • NPC
  • Placeholder avatar until I can get something else
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2013, 08:29:03 PM »
Thanks for shifting the topic back to the right location, Nachos, I'm sure we all appreciate it.

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2013, 08:55:17 PM »
A thread is like a good pile of compost. Every now and again, you have to turn the entire pile after receiving a load of goat manure to keep adequate quality.

Yes, I put that previous conversation in the same category as goat shit, only less helpful in the long run.

We've seen that conversation before, a million times. Lantz has been told often enough, repeatedly, over and over that his character's a, and I quote, mary sue. Whether or not the statement is true, I don't give a fuck since I don't read his fics.

Nothing has changed from it, as Lantz will keep writing Satoshi in all his fics, and nothing will change by having the conversation again. Yet it will happen again, because of reasons I don't care about.

Which is why in Lantz threads, all I do is try to keep Magos from being banned while poking at him with cheetos and neckbeard jokes, because he comes from the same side of town that I do (/tg/) and that means something to me.

In the end, I just want to have a good time, instead of the same conversation ad infinitum.

ANYWAY

XAMUSEL

YOU

How's that super smash Matou fic going?

Xamusel

• Number XV of the Organization
  • NPC
  • Placeholder avatar until I can get something else
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2013, 09:04:09 PM »
How's it going?

Unfortunately, it ain't, at least not yet. I'm still heavily distracted by other projects... but I promise that I'll get to work on it today, and see how to finish the story.

By the way, if you don't mind, I have a dare for you. If you want to continue it past the opening stage, that's fine, but... it's all up to you.

Namely, my idea is for you to do the illusive Ayako route, only it's the first day of the route (as far as I can tell in my head right now). It starts with Shirou going back to the Archery club... and anything past that is up to you.

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2013, 09:07:02 PM »
HUM

That reminds me, I should maybe repost hospital bed on darkside for the plebeans who didn't get to read it first time around.

But yeah, first day of the route nothing big will happen. You understand this, right?

I mean, first day of Fate Saber wasn't even there.

UNLESS you mean first day after he becomes a mastah.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2013, 09:09:17 PM »
He's not in even half of them Names. Everyone simply chooses to ignore me when I correct them. Questions are a thing but everytime all you guys do is assume and never ask me anything or otherwise pay attention. I can't be faulted when people refuse to pay attention when I speak.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2013, 09:37:05 PM »
A thread is like a good pile of compost. Every now and again, you have to turn the entire pile after receiving a load of goat manure to keep adequate quality.

Yes, I put that previous conversation in the same category as goat shit, only less helpful in the long run.

We've seen that conversation before, a million times. Lantz has been told often enough, repeatedly, over and over that his character's a, and I quote, mary sue. Whether or not the statement is true, I don't give a fuck since I don't read his fics.

Nothing has changed from it, as Lantz will keep writing Satoshi in all his fics, and nothing will change by having the conversation again. Yet it will happen again, because of reasons I don't care about.

Which is why in Lantz threads, all I do is try to keep Magos from being banned while poking at him with cheetos and neckbeard jokes, because he comes from the same side of town that I do (/tg/) and that means something to me.

In the end, I just want to have a good time, instead of the same conversation ad infinitum.

Yeah, this about sums it up. We don't need to have the same arguments as have been covered over and over again on BL. It's not constructive, especially in a thread like this.

HUM

That reminds me, I should maybe repost hospital bed on darkside for the plebeans who didn't get to read it first time around.

Yeah, definitely.

But yeah, first day of the route nothing big will happen. You understand this, right?

I mean, first day of Fate Saber wasn't even there.

UNLESS you mean first day after he becomes a mastah.

Well, even then I doubt that much would happen in an Ayako route the first day after he became a master, at least with regards to Ayako. Something like that is likely to be more slow to develop, due to her lack of any natural involvement in the Grail War.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2013, 10:03:00 PM »
Yeah, well arguments aren't good. Still I feel that the thread is basically ruined after that no matter how much turn over happens

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2013, 10:11:18 PM »
I think the thread is still fine. Arguments and derails like that happen sometimes.

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2013, 10:46:31 PM »
He's not in even half of them Names.
I've claimed not to read your fics, I was just quoting earlier in this thread. Maybe you should have commented on that then, instead of now where we're back on topic.

And If you did and I missed it, I'm sorry. I don't like wading through big arguments, nobody does.
Everyone simply chooses to ignore me when I correct them.
Why are you telling me this, I've often told you I just go into your thread to keep Magos from getting banned. I don't care or have questions about your fic.
Questions are a thing but everytime all you guys do is assume and never ask me anything or otherwise pay attention.
Why are you telling me this, I just got here.
I can't be faulted when people refuse to pay attention when I speak.
I'm paying attention right now, and I can tell you that you are venting at the wrong person for this.

Seriously Lantz I have no quarrel with you, it's just that every time THAT conversation happens, you know the one, nothing changes and everyone ends up miserable and angry. I just want a good time.

And to talk about dares on the dare thread. Please stay on topic, please.

Please also don't respond to this because it wouldn't be on topic, please.

Well, even then I doubt that much would happen in an Ayako route the first day after he became a master, at least with regards to Ayako. Something like that is likely to be more slow to develop, due to her lack of any natural involvement in the Grail War.
I actually had something in my first bigger fic, Fate/Second Killer (Which needs a renaming, seriously), in which Ayako gets involved in the supernatural side of things through Ilya, of all people. Shirou was also absent until the grail war, whisked away by his father when younger because Kiritsugu's enemies had found him and were out for blood.

If continued the fic would have gone into Shirou and Ayako teaming up and becoming team protect the loli, which could have been cool. And Sakura lived and got freed from, though had a terrible, tortured time of it, and doesn't exactly come out on top or have a lot of focus during the story. Wouldn't recommend it to you personally, buddy.

But man I enjoyed writing that fic. First big fic, had no cares or worries in the world back then. Maybe I should go back to it.

BUT YEAH ANYWAY

Bringing people into the grail war/supernatural through the usage of other people that are not Shirou. That's something I can do.

ALSO THREAD IS NOT DEAD.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2013, 10:53:27 PM »
If continued the fic would have gone into Shirou and Ayako teaming up and becoming team protect the loli, which could have been cool. And Sakura lived and got freed from, though had a terrible, tortured time of it, and doesn't exactly come out on top or have a lot of focus during the story. Wouldn't recommend it to you personally, buddy.

Well, that's something I might be OK with, depending on the nature of the story. I don't mind Sakura not getting a perfect ending as long as she's OK.

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2013, 11:06:15 PM »
Well, that's something I might be OK with, depending on the nature of the story. I don't mind Sakura not getting a perfect ending as long as she's OK.
See, I remember actually talking to you about this, all those years ago (literally).

The issue you had was with the thing that without Shirou, Sakura remained as she was when Shirou first met her, eyes downcast, hardly speaking and hollow eyes. But in the years without him, this got worse. She's given up, practically just letting the world flow around her. She has no goals, nothing to live for, nobody she wants to be with. Even looking at Rin gave her little reaction.

The story gives her a kick in the behind later to get her moving, once Zouken dies, but she goes in a weird direction with it. She doesn't really reconcile with Rin or become friends with Shirou, she starts doing her own thing.

I remember you being turned off by the entire first idea, and the second one I just figured you wouldn't really like that much seeing as she's alone. Add that to the fact she gets very little focus in the story, maybe as much as fate and UBW put together, including the first few days, with a little more character-defining moments.

But yeah, she definitely ends up OK. Back when I was planning this though, I was fond of completely changing a character's life from anything we've seen, mostly with Ayako, Sakura and Rin. Magus Killer Shirou was done in like, Extra or something?

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2013, 11:11:19 PM »
Ah, OK.

Yeah, I dunno how much that would appeal to me. I don't remember discussing it, though.

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2013, 11:16:23 PM »
Ah, OK.

Yeah, I dunno how much that would appeal to me. I don't remember discussing it, though.
In february, it will have happened two years ago.

I really don't blame you for forgetting. I'm actually surprised I remembered.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2013, 12:29:10 AM »
Yeah, fair enough. I've discussed quite a lot of fics with people in the past, I'm not overly surprised I've forgotten some....