Author Topic: Write a Fanfic... if you DARE (The Dare Thread)  (Read 13684 times)

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
Re: Write a Fanfic... if you DARE (The Dare Thread)
« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2013, 06:23:17 AM »
I'm frustrated names. Mad is different from that. I work fairly hard to make the work I do presentable, I have Canon only work but stuff like the previous argument stops me from working on it. I'm annoyed that I keep getting kicked in the shins for participating for no good reason.

Take my dares in example. Did anyone think there might be a reason why I used Satoshi? If so it certainly was not present in the reaction earlier. I'm sick of people assuming.  I said the thread is ruined because honestly I don't feel welcome  to it. I don't shove my OC in everywhere. I would be happy to start the routes here as I intended if Xam wouldn't mind withdrawing his request and I can be sure I won't get dumped on.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2013, 06:52:26 AM »
Xam shouldn't have to withdraw his request just because of that, lantz. He wasn't even aware of what you wrote. Plus people don't own exclusive rights to an idea as broad as "Ayako Route." So don't use the recent incident as an excuse to push Xam out of his dare.

And, again, I said to stop talking about the argument, lantz, and you're not an exception to that. Please take it to PMs if you have to keep talking about it.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 07:02:19 AM by Alice »

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2013, 09:56:08 AM »
I did not say he had to Alice. I asked if he would, there's quite the difference. I would rather not compete against anyone including myself. I wasn't referring to the argument intentionally. I was trying to answer names question  because he asked me to be clear. And I hope I have been.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2013, 01:19:25 PM »
I did not say he had to Alice. I asked if he would, there's quite the difference. I would rather not compete against anyone including myself. I wasn't referring to the argument intentionally. I was trying to answer names question  because he asked me to be clear. And I hope I have been.
That's still one hell of an entitlement complex Lantz.

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2013, 01:35:19 PM »
Magos, stop baiting. Seriously.

Lantz, you could have just said the parts about Xam frustrating you by ignoring the existence of the Ayako route you are planning, as that's what I was asking about. All the other stuff is, well, unrelated to the question I'd been asking at the immediate time.

But honestly, I do agree with Alice about this: The concept of an Ayako route is too broad to lay claim on. Even so I know how you write routes and will definitely be going for a different format, for sure.  Also keep in mind he also only asked for the first day. There'll be nothing to dump you over.

And I don't think Xamusel should take back his dare. He may have worded it as Ayako Route, but what he wants to see more is interaction between Shirou and Ayako. Had he worded it differently, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2013, 01:42:04 PM »
Perhaps names but I felt it better to be as clear as possible. I just don't like the competitive bit, it's not intentionally competitive but splitting attention is the worst thing in my opinion, it's why I write one route at a time as well

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2013, 01:44:02 PM »
Perhaps names but I felt it better to be as clear as possible. I just don't like the competitive bit, it's not intentionally competitive but splitting attention is the worst thing in my opinion, it's why I write one route at a time as well
Competition in my opinion actually IMPROVES work; it forces you to be at your A game all the time or suffer for it.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 30, 2013, 01:50:44 PM »
That is your opinion, you have a right to it but not to force it on others.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 30, 2013, 04:19:59 PM »

It doesn't have to be competitive, though. You're not going to be writing the exact same story. There is plenty of room for multiple interpretations of the same thing, especially something that broad.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 30, 2013, 04:24:14 PM »
If published at the same time it becomes competitive regardless of if the authors wish it to be or not. It's just something that happens, I've seen it happen all the time. So when I can see it coming I avoid it.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 30, 2013, 04:46:06 PM »
Fair enough. In this case, though, I don't think the idea was to write an Ayako route anyway. As Names said, I think he just wanted some Ayako/Shirou fluff set in a Grail War situation.

Xamusel

• Number XV of the Organization
  • NPC
  • Placeholder avatar until I can get something else
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 30, 2013, 05:18:23 PM »
Okay, yeah, I just want to see Shirou/Ayako interactions of the worksafe variety right now. That's why I issued the dare to Names... because he's a fan of Shirou/Ayako and because I wondered how he'd write the story.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2013, 06:28:12 PM »
Yes well, earlier I already started redressing caster's route so it doesn't matter now.

Xamusel

• Number XV of the Organization
  • NPC
  • Placeholder avatar until I can get something else
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 30, 2013, 07:09:35 PM »
Very well... if you say so.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 30, 2013, 07:29:23 PM »
Just a matter of timing with it. It makes the issue a non issue as by the time casters route is done the dare will be long over so there'll be no contest present.