Author Topic: Bordertowns  (Read 5788 times)

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Contested Areas
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2019, 08:18:24 PM »
Giant Jackson

The giant flailed its head in utter pain, its hands once again trying to swat the two girls.  One hand went for his shoulder where the purple-haired bug was, the other reached to grab hold of Edelgard.  Hopefully, he could get at least one of them.  It was like being stung constantly by hornets while being occasionally bitten by a dog.

Sakura Edelfeldt

Sakura hopped backwards off of the shoulder to dodge the attack, smacking the side of his head as she flew by. "I'll keep him distracted, you handle the inside!''

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2019, 07:08:55 PM »
Edelgard

She pulled, and the polearm shallowly cut itself free from the thing's jaw - the warrior took it it with with her into past the formed mouth, and chopped without missing a beat, forcing it through the tight space of this wet, cancerous gap.

Edelgard's roar echoed from the giant's mouth as she began to tear, and tear, and tear, repeatedly thrusting into the engorged skull with the little freedom she had like she was trying to open a hole in a wall of steel.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2019, 07:17:55 PM »
Dead Jackson

Pain.  There was nothing but pain.

The giant fell to his knees, destroying several houses.  His face fell forward onto the ground, smothering even more houses.  The giant known as "that fucking giant that appeared out of nowhere" was now dead.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2019, 06:38:21 PM »
Sakura Edelfeldt

And, within minutes, they'd slaughtered him. Sakura hopped off of him as he fell, releasing the transformation after landing on the ground. She grabbed the card and reabsorbed it into her shadow before sighing. She wasn't happy with the damage that it'd caused, but it was also over disappointingly fast. She couldn't shake off the rush of battle, but also felt somewhat bad for enjoying fighting in an urban area.

"Hrm." She muttered, scratching the back of her neck.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2019, 10:16:45 PM »
Edelgard

Before the dust had even settled, the collapsed giant trembled. Its shape shook and bulged, as though something was about to erupt from its bowels, and the next moment, its limp, heavy mouth was kicked open, dislodging the entire malformed skull in place.

Edelgard stepped out, covered in sweat, blood and cranial matter, as strips of flesh and pieces of bone clung to her person. A viscous drip accompanied the clack of metal heels on the cracked ground, and her chest heaved up and down with the steady tempo of powerful lungs. The Forsaken warrior wiped blood from her smile with the back of a hand, turning a mellow and flushed look towards Sakura.

"Victory," she declared, whipping her polearm down and splashing red out of it.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 10:17:25 PM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2019, 11:09:55 PM »
Sakura

Sakura chuckled, covering her amused grin with her hand. She raised her arm up into the air with a tightened fist. "Victory!"

If nothing else, she was happy her friend had been snapped out of her funk.

Sapphire just retracted herself into storage mode, and snuggled up back in Sakura's chest puppies. "Yes, a brutal, bloody victory." She muttered from within.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2019, 01:17:04 AM »
Edelgard

She looked down at herself, then to Sakura, and back at herself. Edelgard's voice fell slightly in her next words, "Could use bath."

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2019, 01:31:52 AM »
Edelgard

She looked down at herself, then to Sakura, and back at herself. Edelgard's voice fell slightly in her next words, "Could use bath."

Sakura

Sakura chortled. "Yes. This sort of blood makes my stomach turn-it looks and smells absolutely revolting."

Sakura looked around at the destruction the giant had wrought as a shadow opened up behind her, coalescing into an inky black doorway.

"Shall we, then?"

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2019, 01:35:30 AM »
Edelgard

Edelgard cringed at the visible distortion of the passageway, but blinked it away and stepped in along with Sakura. The caster would probably not appreciate it if Edelgard grabbed her shoulder for security during the journey while she was so bloodied. She forced herself to remain still.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2019, 06:58:17 PM »
Edelgard

Edelgard cringed at the visible distortion of the passageway, but blinked it away and stepped in along with Sakura. The caster would probably not appreciate it if Edelgard grabbed her shoulder for security during the journey while she was so bloodied. She forced herself to remain still.

Sakura Edelfeldt

Sakura laughed and wrapped her arm around Edelgard's arm, pulling her tightly against her, ignoring the mass of blood and viscera on her friend.

"Don't hold back for my sake, silly." Sakura laughed before pulling Edelgard into the fell-looking ominous portal.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2020, 02:43:22 AM »
Evan

A large bright orb shined ever so brightly against a starry night sky.  Each little twinkle seemed so far away, yet Evan couldn't resist the urge to reach toward them.  Each one had a different color, glowing ever so warmly.  The only thing holding him back, from grabbing that warmth were the chains tieing him to an execution tower.  It was an enormous platform that stretched high in the sky, casting a shadow on the citizens below.  Evan's face was beaten and bloody, a stream of blood coating his face, his cheeks swollen from repeated strikes to the face.  The young man was on his knees, bent over with his neck on a chopping block.  He stared down at the crowd, all cosplaying his famous alter ego, the mage of lies.  Every single person in that crowd had frowning faces and watery eyes, barely holding themselves back from breaking into tears.

"So this is what you saw... John," Evan said, making eye contact with a little boy.  He was the first to start crying.

Never before had there been such an absolute power on its people.  Even with the mage of lies and the full force of the rebellion, it wasn't enough.  The hero of the people had been captured, and his executioner was none other than the leader of that horrible organization.

A hand wrapped itself around the back of his head.  "You know, you were a real annoying gnat for a little while.  I wanted to sit around, see what you would do, thought maybe you would grow to threaten my power, give me a little challenge.  I was so disappointed when I found out you just wanted to help grannys.  What was that one woman's name, Jerald?"

"Jannet."

"DEAD!  SHE'S DEAD!"

The man stared into the crowd.  "John.... why did you smile.  How could you smile in a situation like this?"

20 Years Ago

"Why don't we have any money Ty!?"

"I don't know, why is Thomas always over Serra?"

"Don't change the subject!  What are we going to do about the bills?!"

A young Evan walked into the room, holding a white top hat.  He was wearing a mini suit with the word magician stickered onto his chest.  "Mom.. Dad... I'm ready.  Can you listen to my show now?"

The two looked at each other, then sat down on the couch.  This was Evan's most charished memory.  He could still remember their smiling faces as he pulled pigeons from his hat and cloth from his wrists.  It was all fake, every aspect of it.  He wasn't a real magician, they knew that.  It wasn't magic that he was preforming.  It was tricks.  Those smiles.  He thought for years about whether or not those smiles were real.  When his parents watched him, they were in utter awe, oooing, ahhing and laughing.  Their laughter in unison was the most beautiful thing in the world to him, especially since they spent every other moment fighting it felt like.  Even that was a lie.

When someone goes to a magician's performance, they desire a fantasy where one man convinces them they are a magician.  Magic isn't real, everyone knows that.  Yet, for an twenty minutes to an hour, they let all of that fall away and live in a lie.  They believe a lie so they can smile.

Evan's parents divorced many years later.  That lie of happiness. Maybe I could give that to someone else. 

That thought was what made him don the cape.  One by one he helped people.  Their smiles.... they were the same as his smile when he was a kid.  They were similar to the ones his parents had back then.  Maybe their happiness was a lie but their joy was real.  The magic was fake, but the smiles were real.  In the end, his parents couldn't find their own happiness in that cruel world.  However, in the future, he was able to give others those same smiles.  That was the true mission of the mage of lies.

Present Day

The man was holding Evan by his head, suspended in the air.  "This is the fate of your hero, a fool who dared rise against my proud country.  Let it be reminded that you don't live in a world shared by all but my world.  A world I rightfully earned through conquest."

Evan's eyes were barely open, unable to really see much but the crowd was tearing up, crying.  Evan's own eyes began to water, a single tear rolling down his cheek.  "I... I don't want to die yet."

The chopping block split into dozens of pieces as Evan's head was slammed into the platform.  The axe was raised, ready to come down on his neck.  In that moment, he couldn't help but think back to that moment so long ago.  "Why... did you smile?  Why can't I-"

The axe came down, a collective gasp from the crowd filling the air.  The mage of lies's mouth twisted from a distraught fearful frown to a joyful grin, the tears of despair twisted into ones of happiness from the framing of that grin.  Thats when everything went black.

Evan

The young man laid on the ground, his arms sprawled out and his gaze facing the sky.  The sky was different, clouds obscuring the heavens.  He turned to the side,  allowing him to see simple ordinary houses and street lights.  Heaven was either a ordinary suburban neighborhood or he wasn't in Kansas anymore. Evan took a deep breath, savoring the simple joy of having air come in and out.

"Heheheheh......HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 02:44:29 AM by yinsukin »

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2020, 01:51:30 AM »
Thorra

Thorra soared through the air, clutching herself tightly with her hand. She hadn't particularly wanted to dip out of that fight with, what was her name, Nanako? Despite her rambunctious nature, she was a plucky squirrel and she wouldn't have minded hanging out with her longer. However...

Thorra knew that fate was tugging on her strings. She wasn't sure what, or even how, but it was a familiar feeling that strung her along as she lived her life. And when it came calling, it wasn't going to be polite. It would smash down the building, cause tremendous collateral damage, get people she cared about killed. She'd read the stories, she knew of her own fated end. And she didn't want to involve bystanders in a way which would harm them. As powerful as her new acquaintance had been, she didn't have faith in her ability to have her back in a serious fight. Let alone the people who ran the shop, or the civilians within the rest of the district.

Eventually, she landed upon the roof of an abandoned, overgrown warehouse. Nature had overtaken large parts of it, vines digging into decaying concrete, but it still remained sturdy. Using her pointer, she began deftly carving runes in the tongue of the Æsir, searching for the time at which her destined event would happen. So, when Sage arrived, she would find a tall blond sitting atop a building, holding onto her bare feet and slowly rocking with a soft hum to pass the time.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2020, 03:31:21 AM »
Thorra

Thorra soared through the air, clutching herself tightly with her hand. She hadn't particularly wanted to dip out of that fight with, what was her name, Nanako? Despite her rambunctious nature, she was a plucky squirrel and she wouldn't have minded hanging out with her longer. However...

Thorra knew that fate was tugging on her strings. She wasn't sure what, or even how, but it was a familiar feeling that strung her along as she lived her life. And when it came calling, it wasn't going to be polite. It would smash down the building, cause tremendous collateral damage, get people she cared about killed. She'd read the stories, she knew of her own fated end. And she didn't want to involve bystanders in a way which would harm them. As powerful as her new acquaintance had been, she didn't have faith in her ability to have her back in a serious fight. Let alone the people who ran the shop, or the civilians within the rest of the district.

Eventually, she landed upon the roof of an abandoned, overgrown warehouse. Nature had overtaken large parts of it, vines digging into decaying concrete, but it still remained sturdy. Using her pointer, she began deftly carving runes in the tongue of the Æsir, searching for the time at which her destined event would happen. So, when Sage arrived, she would find a tall blond sitting atop a building, holding onto her bare feet and slowly rocking with a soft hum to pass the time.

Sage

An unkindness of migrating ravens passed overhead, unleashing all manner of inauspicious sounds in their wake. Yet one of their lot separated from the group and made to alight upon the opposite end of the warehouse's metal roof. Before its feet could reach the ground a glimmering green gas spread from the minuscule spaces between its feathers, and it was completely engulfed before her eyes. And then -

A lithe elven woman with green hair stood before her, hands folded before her. Her eyes, red and unblinkingly intense, took Thorra in with a predatory sort of assessment.

"I have found you, then."

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2020, 10:42:58 PM »
Thorra

Electricity arced down from Thorra's pupils into the ground she sat upon, staring intently and unblinkingly at Sage with the intensity of the storm goddess. "So you have." She replied. "Before we fight, may I ask why fate has brought us here against one another?"

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2020, 11:20:14 PM »
Thorra

Electricity arced down from Thorra's pupils into the ground she sat upon, staring intently and unblinkingly at Sage with the intensity of the storm goddess. "So you have." She replied. "Before we fight, may I ask why fate has brought us here against one another?"

Sage

The elven maiden motioned to Thorra, or rather to her legs, in a rather languid manner. "You wear quite a fine set of leggings, one for whom the skies speak praise. I must ask of you - did the being whose hide they were made from die by your hand? Or are you merely the beneficiary of the deed?"