Author Topic: Bordertowns  (Read 6111 times)

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Contested Areas
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2020, 12:13:14 AM »
Thorra

"Hmmm..." Thorra raised her eyebrow. How curious. Who would care about a dangerous beast created from a lust for greed and power being slain? "I killed the dragon, yes." She replied, slowly standing up. "I hunt many dangerous beasts which threaten the smallfolk. My name is Thorra-the daughter of Mjolnir herself." She tightened the grip upon the haft of her hammer while her divine aura flared. Lightning burst out of her skin and enveloped the entire building, glowing blue from the force of her power. The only part left untouched was the area directly around Sage, for now. "Before we fight-" Thorra leveled the hammer at Sage, pointing the gleaming head at the other woman. "What was he, to you?"
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 01:00:20 AM by SINIB »

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2020, 01:11:15 AM »
Sage

"Ah." The pointy-eared woman's shoulders seemed to slump at this moment, and her eyes sparkled in the light of Thorra's energetic display with unshed tears. Then, she closed her eyes, and took a step back toward the ledge of the warehouse's electrified roof. "My name is Sage. You murdered my son."

A step back further -

And then, a lightning strike independent of the divine hammer's own power struck down from the heavens. The thunder that shattered the windows of the warehouse came not from that, but from the furious roar of the great beast that rose up into the sky on wings of leaves and branches. The beast leered down with hateful glowing eyes.

"Prepare to die."

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2020, 07:20:16 PM »
Sage

"Ah." The pointy-eared woman's shoulders seemed to slump at this moment, and her eyes sparkled in the light of Thorra's energetic display with unshed tears. Then, she closed her eyes, and took a step back toward the ledge of the warehouse's electrified roof. "My name is Sage. You murdered my son."

A step back further -

And then, a lightning strike independent of the divine hammer's own power struck down from the heavens. The thunder that shattered the windows of the warehouse came not from that, but from the furious roar of the great beast that rose up into the sky on wings of leaves and branches. The beast leered down with hateful glowing eyes.

"Prepare to die."

Thorra

Thorra swung. Her hammer arched through the air as she released it, as fast as lightning as it impacted the mother dragon's leg. With a tremendous crash, the impact exploded, sending shudders through the air around her.

"You? A dragon, caring what happens to their spawn?" She asked incredulously. "Inconceivable." She muttered under her breath.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 08:12:35 PM by SINIB »

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2020, 03:49:27 AM »
Sage

The great wooden beast was tossed back by the impact of the hammer. It struck like thunder, crushing the vulnerable limb in question like the cracking of a tree trunk, and she spun once, twice... and pulled back up into the air, swooping around with a sky-shattering roar. As it soared past Thorra could catch a glimpse of the devastated limb pulling itself back together before her very eyes, and a great billowing cloud of poisonous, metal-melting breath dropped on top of her.

"I have many treasures, the dragon boasted as it pulled itself around to hover over the opposite edge of the warehouse, waiting to see Thorra choke and die as her insides melted. "The finest of jewels, mountains of gold, weapons and armor from heroes of old. And yet you chose to take from me the most precious treasure of them all!"
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 03:59:03 AM by Aiden »

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2020, 04:43:33 PM »
Sage

The great wooden beast was tossed back by the impact of the hammer. It struck like thunder, crushing the vulnerable limb in question like the cracking of a tree trunk, and she spun once, twice... and pulled back up into the air, swooping around with a sky-shattering roar. As it soared past Thorra could catch a glimpse of the devastated limb pulling itself back together before her very eyes, and a great billowing cloud of poisonous, metal-melting breath dropped on top of her.

"I have many treasures, the dragon boasted as it pulled itself around to hover over the opposite edge of the warehouse, waiting to see Thorra choke and die as her insides melted. "The finest of jewels, mountains of gold, weapons and armor from heroes of old. And yet you chose to take from me the most precious treasure of them all!"

Thorra

The hammer seemed to gravitate right back to Thorra's hand as her eyes widened. This dragon-she was regenerating as if she were a hydra, talking as if she-truly-cared about her children. She kicked off the roof, leaving it crumbling underneath her as she soared through the force of her jump at Sage's chest, passing right through the mist of her breath. It exploded with a few applied shocks, leaving a dramatic image as she soared right through it.

If sage cared to look, she'd see the shimmer of tears in Thorra's puppeted body.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2020, 04:50:54 AM »
Thorra

The hammer seemed to gravitate right back to Thorra's hand as her eyes widened. This dragon-she was regenerating as if she were a hydra, talking as if she-truly-cared about her children. She kicked off the roof, leaving it crumbling underneath her as she soared through the force of her jump at Sage's chest, passing right through the mist of her breath. It exploded with a few applied shocks, leaving a dramatic image as she soared right through it.

If sage cared to look, she'd see the shimmer of tears in Thorra's puppeted body.

Sage

Bright glowing eyes widened, and it was only the dramatic showing precipitating Thorra's ascent that permitted the great floating beast to rise above her lunging assault. But, t'was not a total rout in any sense, for the dragon's tail swung as if a whip along with her own rise in an attempt to smack its child's murderer back.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2020, 10:11:31 PM »
Thorra

Thorra's form slipping, and she could feel it. Her cocentration faltering, Sage's tail slammed into her gut, sending her hurtling back with a red welt on her stomach. This was all wrong! She wasn't supposed to care! She wasn't supposed to be a good parent...

She crashed down through the building, allowing herself to be taken to the ground.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2020, 10:35:57 PM »
Thorra

Thorra's form was slipping, and she could feel it. Her concentration faltering, Sage's tail slammed into her gut, sending her hurtling back with a red welt on her stomach. This was all wrong! She wasn't supposed to care! She wasn't supposed to be a good parent...

She crashed down through the building, allowing herself to be taken to the ground.

Sage

The great beast spread its great rustling wings across the evening sky like a green curtain, as though the forest had risen upon to consume their battlefield. And indeed it swiftly became so, the sky consumed by clouds and thunder while the roots beneath the black pavement pushed their way through cracks and crevices. A shifting malevolence echoed through the cracking and the pound and the beat, beat beat of wings against the wind. It was there to catch Thorra, wood and grass wrapping itself about her limbs and tangling their way into her fingers.

The remnants of the ceiling above her dripped down like a great rusted rain, melted by Sage's heaving breath, and they carried with them words.

"Are you so arrogant in your victory, butcher, that you are incapable of honoring me with the dignity of a worthy foe? Do you mean to fool me, that this is all the means you possess to fight back? What keeps you still, Thorra of Asgard?

The dragon grasped with enormous talons the husk of industry, and stuck her head through the aperture torn open for her by her opponent's woe. Golden eyes shone bright.

"Tell me at least that this is not what stole my treasure from me - this pitiful display!"

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2020, 05:06:53 PM »
Thorra

A pair of green dragonscale leggings came flying up through the hole in the roof. Immediately following them came the blond storm goddess with an unexpected look of sorrow contorting her otherwise fine features. She looked sad. Confused. Upset. Uninterested in fighting. Her hammer hung at her side, and she shook her head.  She floated at a respectful distance, in case Sage decided to try to suddenly close the distance and attack her once again. "What kind of dragon are you? You don't look like one from an eastern tradition at all."

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2020, 08:53:23 PM »
Thorra

A pair of green dragonscale leggings came flying up through the hole in the roof. Immediately following them came the blond storm goddess with an unexpected look of sorrow contorting her otherwise fine features. She looked sad. Confused. Upset. Uninterested in fighting. Her hammer hung at her side, and she shook her head.  She floated at a respectful distance, in case Sage decided to try to suddenly close the distance and attack her once again. "What kind of dragon are you? You don't look like one from an eastern tradition at all."

Sage

Sage pulled back from the opening as the leggings struck where she had been floating, while thick vines extended down from the terminus of her immense floral wings to catch them greedily. Delicately. Recognizing, then, that what had at first been an attack was in fact some manner of offering to surrender, the dragon pulled them closer to her face. And then, her eyes turned to Thorra.

"You - what game do you seek to play with me, wretched one?

Holding the physical remnants of her offspring close to her oaken hide, the great beast leered down upon Thorra's floating form.

"Is this your way of trying to plead for mercy? Surely, you do not expect me to believe this is regret?!"

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2020, 08:59:24 PM »
Thorra

"It's no game." Thorra replied. "I think we just had a terrible misunderstanding." Lightning coursed along the woman's bare skin, gathering around her, making her glow with the blue of plasma. "I don't wish to add to my sin unless I have to." She readied her hammer, but made no further moves beyond that. Tears boiled away from the heat and she stared right at the dragon's green eyes. "In my world,  dragons are evil creatures who are created as a result of greed or destroy the roots of the world tree. Tell me, O' great tree-dragon, what are your origins?"
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 09:06:43 PM by SINIB »

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2020, 04:53:51 PM »
Sage

"A misunderstanding? Evil world devourers?" The dragon's head snapped in Thorra's direction, but this time she made no move to strike. No, she appeared far too busy attempting to stow away the precious treasure the living hammer had pushed toward her. "I am guardian of the great forest, without whom man might tear down all that is green and good. There I was born, and there so was he - until you made him die."

A deep rumble escaped the beast's throat. "Surely, you do not expect mercy merely because you 'misunderstood?'"

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2020, 10:29:56 PM »
Thorra

Before Sage could even finish asking her question, Thorra had already defiantly spat out a responce.

"OF COURSE NOT!" She roared. "I"m going to make what was wrong right!" The goddess thumped her chest with her fist. "I'm going to figure out how to bring him back! I swear it upon my father's name!"

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2020, 12:25:08 AM »
Sage

The dragon, and the multitudinous lifeforms she had invoked into action, stilled as Thorra's words echoed louder than thunder could. That great forested figure descended with a creaking and a cracking to the ground, slowly, and drew close once more the prodigious prize of power which the demigoddess had relinquished. Sage's glowing eyes considered it, then her, and then it again.

"We shall see to the sincerity of your oath soon enough, then."

A thick cloud of acrid smoke escaped Sage's mouth and nostrils, and obscured all vision of her. In her place she was soon once more the green-haired elven maiden from before, and she stood in a fine dress of leaves holding the leggings in her arms. Her eyes, now red, glared up at Thorra as if challenging her to show her craven nature by attacking now.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2020, 11:06:33 PM »
Thorra

Thorra's responce was simple. She crouched down on the ground and lowered her head. "I will be sure to work hard to earn your forgiveness."

Despite her oath, she had absolutely no idea of where to start for such a quest.