Author Topic: World of Darkness game  (Read 13771 times)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: World of Darkness game
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2013, 11:45:46 PM »
Yeah, but I don't see why it needs to be done tonight.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2013, 11:50:23 PM »
Yeah, but I don't see why it needs to be done tonight.
It doesn't, but I'd rather get it done now so I can work on the plot with you in mind for tonight.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2013, 12:07:43 AM »
Hmm, I see.

I really don't feel like doing it right now, though. You know the sort of character I'm likely to want, I already explained that to you, but I don't really know the details and I won't be able to work them out today, I'm just too tired.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2013, 12:12:36 AM »
You just gave me a two word thing, I can't do shit with that currently.

I just need a short concept detail so I can flesh it out a little.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 23, 2013, 12:23:21 AM »
Yeah, but I don't have that right now and my brain is not working enough to really think of it. Plus, I've not even read the books yet, and I've forgotten whatever I did know about the setting. So I can't imagine working something out is going to be quick.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2013, 12:27:41 AM »
We can do what I did and do it in stages, I think. It's a good idea that if we do it tonight, we start now anyway, because I just learned that I might have to go to something soonish tonight that I didn't have any warning of prior to this, so I might get dragged off in the middle of the game tonight anyway, so we might be able to kill two birds with one stone with that by getting two things arranged at once. 

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 23, 2013, 12:32:54 AM »
I really don't want to do it tonight, though. I'm feeling really tired and trying to work this out is going to take quite a while I would imagine, because I've not even so much as read the books yet.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 12:33:28 AM by Cherry Lover »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 23, 2013, 01:01:07 AM »
We can do what I did and do it in stages, I think. It's a good idea that if we do it tonight, we start now anyway, because I just learned that I might have to go to something soonish tonight that I didn't have any warning of prior to this, so I might get dragged off in the middle of the game tonight anyway, so we might be able to kill two birds with one stone with that by getting two things arranged at once.
>No warning
I did state that it'd be today yesterday. My bad about the week before that 'cuz finals.

I really don't want to do it tonight, though. I'm feeling really tired and trying to work this out is going to take quite a while I would imagine, because I've not even so much as read the books yet.
It's just a simple real world setting - for you to start with at least. Just create a modern day setting character. We'll start from there.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2013, 01:04:35 AM »
>No warning
I did state that it'd be today yesterday. My bad about the week before that 'cuz finals.

She didn't mean no warning from you, she meant no warning of the thing she has to do.

It's just a simple real world setting - for you to start with at least. Just create a modern day setting character. We'll start from there.

Hmm, OK, well, I do have a thought. Alice showed me her character sheet, and I thought that a somewhat eccentric professor or something like that might work. Again, I don't have a detailed character yet, and the rank might vary, but that's a decent starting point.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 23, 2013, 01:06:04 AM »
We've got a Teaching Assistant (Bloble), a Student(Alice) and a Cop(Nachos).

It doesn't HAVE to be connected to the college, trust me, I'll figure out a way to get you involved.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2013, 01:06:40 AM »
>No warning
No no, I meant I had no warning about having to go out to my grandma's tonight until basically this evening. I knew about the game tonight.

Speaking of which, I'm going to have to leave for that soon anyway. I'm not sure how long I'll be gone for, there's never a set time for this stuff... So I probably won't be able to help as it is anyway. What you guys want to start doing tonight on the sheet/game front is up to you.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2013, 01:09:18 AM »
>No warning
No no, I meant I had no warning about having to go out to my grandma's tonight until basically this evening. I knew about the game tonight.

Speaking of which, I'm going to have to leave for that soon anyway. I'm not sure how long I'll be gone for, there's never a set time for this stuff... So I probably won't be able to help as it is anyway. What you guys want to start doing tonight on the sheet/game front is up to you.
D:

I guess I can work with Mike really quick then on a character. Mike, do you have AIM?

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2013, 01:09:49 AM »
We've got a Teaching Assistant (Bloble), a Student(Alice) and a Cop(Nachos).

It doesn't HAVE to be connected to the college, trust me, I'll figure out a way to get you involved.

Yeah, I didn't think up that because I wanted to be connected to the college, that's just an obvious character design for me. I didn't even know the story was based around a college before you just said it.

Honestly, if you ask me for a modern-world character then that's what I'm going to come up with, if you want something else I'll have to think about it more because that is just the obvious choice for me.

>No warning

D:

I guess I can work with Mike really quick then on a character. Mike, do you have AIM?

I don't really want to do this now. I am really tired, and I think I am going to go to bed soon.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 01:10:33 AM by Cherry Lover »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2013, 01:11:45 AM »
Dammit Mike...

And no, it isn't set around the college. I mean, focusing around the college, the fact that we had two characters that were students was a total coincidence.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 23, 2013, 01:14:01 AM »
Well, OK, but my point still stands. If you want a different idea for character design then you're going to have to give me longer to think of one. My brain is not working enough to think of something that doesn't come as a natural choice to me.

And, I've told you about five times now that I don't want to do this tonight. Please stop pestering me to do so, my brain is not working well enough right now. I came up with a basic idea for you, if that idea isn't acceptable then that's not my fault. I am not awake enough to think of anything else.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 01:14:51 AM by Cherry Lover »