Type Moon > Fanfiction

ero&lemon discussion

<< < (12/13) > >>

Cherry Lover:
Wow, I'm quite surprised, because such marriages were definitely very common in the past, especially amongst royalty and the like.

Kat:
It's the thing of the past, even an ancient and colossal religious organization like the Roman Catholic Church is undergoing evolution.

Cherry Lover:
Yeah, sure, I just didn't expect that making up new rules on incest that are considerably stricter than modern society would be part of that. In general, the Catholic Church's evolution tends to involve moderating its more completely-bat-shit-insane views to fit with reality and the modern world, and that doesn't really fit with this.

lantzblades:
Chemistry is definitely important, on the subject of incest, well I found I can write it but I would seriously prefer not to.

Kat:

--- Quote ---Yeah, sure, I just didn't expect that making up new rules on incest that are considerably stricter than modern society would be part of that. In general, the Catholic Church's evolution tends to involve moderating its more completely-bat-shit-insane views to fit with reality and the modern world, and that doesn't really fit with this.

--- End quote ---

It is all because of hemophilia outbreak among European royalty. People in late 19th century got convinced sex with cousins is something automatically detrimental for the off spring, while in reality the risk of genetic failure is comparable for women in early 40s like for first cousins being in a relationship.

http://www.wired.com/2008/12/cousinmarriage/

I got the same info from two different sites (with the Polish one adding remark about 40 year old women vs first cousin marriages), but if there is need for that, I can dig it further.

So, the risk is there, but does not justify banning first cousin marriages.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version