Author Topic: Fate/Yet Another Grail War RPing Idea  (Read 28692 times)

Ambiguous_Ayakashi

• A Tree.
  • Data Fragment
  • A random passerby.
    • View Profile
Re: Fate/Yet Another Grail War RPing Idea
« Reply #105 on: February 19, 2014, 02:37:09 AM »
Application sent. I suppose that all I have to do now is wait and pray.

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 19, 2014, 02:58:40 AM »
And sent, now to negotiate.

Ambiguous_Ayakashi

• A Tree.
  • Data Fragment
  • A random passerby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 19, 2014, 03:57:57 AM »
Actually, I have a few questions concerning the RP's flow, if these have been hammered yet?

1) Will we take into account the fact that Servants tend to be summoned at different intervals?
2) Will we be playing alongside NPCs that might be as important - if not more important than players to the plot? A sort of central driving force? I'd imagine the Tohsaka might want their Grail back, or even, the Einzberns might not accept that Capitalist USA still has their treasure. *cough*
3) A Grail War just isn't Seven Masters and Seven Servants. Just like what we've seen, there are observers with agendas, civilians, passerbyes, and even sometimes, unexpected people that show up out of nowhere because GRAAAIIILLLL. Will we have a vast open world, or just limit ourselves to something that occurs 'normally'?

I do understand that some of these questions could break out some spoilers, so if there are indeed some spoilers, do point out (or not) that you'd rather not answer some questions.

I just have Point Zero on loop right now and feel like rubbing my branches as the beginning looms ahead...

EDIT:
Also, Alice, shouldn't you update the OP with some of the setting information that Malgos has provided?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 03:58:35 AM by Ambiguous_Ayakashi »

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 19, 2014, 04:06:12 AM »
That I should. ^^"

Magos, do you mind putting a bunch of the settings stuff in one post for me so I can go ahead and toss it on up into the OP?

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Ambiguous_Ayakashi

• A Tree.
  • Data Fragment
  • A random passerby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 19, 2014, 04:09:54 AM »
And now a little setting information.

Basically - shit got real during WWII. The War scheduled during that time (the third war) went off without a hitch, despite the possible threat of a theft of the grail. And so the three families breathed a sigh of relief... only to have it blow up in their faces in 1946. The American occupation of Japan was a time of chaos and confusion among many Japanese magi, and the Tohsaka were no exception. So when a group of American magi managed to steal the grail, it wasn't noticed for a good twenty years - enough time for the group to set the ritual up in another location. The panicked families attempted nearly every route possible to discover its resting place, but the secret had died with the men who'd moved the grail. And what a location it was.

The North American West had always been a spot relatively untouched by the magus association. Possessing little to no authority over these magi on the very edge of their domain, the Association's basic system of power, the Second Owner model, was rarely in place in many western cities. As such, they became havens for renegades and Sealing Designates, families forced out of their dominions, and other assorted scum of the magical world. And it was here that the Grail was repurposed.

The Black Hills have always been a hotbed of spiritual power, and unclaimed leylines. In fact, similar to Fuyuki, a ley line convergence of significant spiritual power was found within it, the perfect home for the ritual to be transplanted. This convergence point centers on Mount Rushmore, a national monument and symbolic structure of America itself. A lucky circumstance lead to the rediscovery of the grail, fifteen years after the ritual was supposed to have taken place. The transplant delayed the War, but with five years left on the clock before the ritual would trigger again, the rush began.

That was nearly five years ago.

This is the siren call of the west. This is the clash of heroes on soil none of them tread before. This is the Fourth Heavens Feel, and who ever wins, one thing is certain - this will not end the struggle over this miracle.

Alright, Master Sheet Time.

Name:
Origin:
Affinity:
Magical Tradition:

Now the next stats go from A to E. You start at D for each one (Except for Crest Generation, which goes down to F and starts at C, and Master Potential which starts at E), and get 5 points to distribute. Each rank up costs one point. You can take away from starting stats for extra points. It costs one point to increase each attribute.

Circuit Quantity:
Circuit Quality:
Master Potential:
Crest (Generation):

Circuit Quality and Quantity dictate your potential as a magus - along with Crest . The higher your Crest, the more prestige your character has in the magical world, and the more family specific spells you have access to. For a price (one point) you can also choose a Sorcery Trait for your master. For another point, you can choose a nonstandard element (One that isn't one of the following: Fire, Earth, Wind, Water, Spirit, Metal) or a second of the standard.

Every point of Master Potential gives you a chance of increasing a Servant attribute.

So for example, you could have the following stat spread -

Circuit Quantity: C
Circuit Quantity: C
Crest: C
Master Potential: C

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 19, 2014, 04:17:53 AM »
Thank you kindly good tree. :3 The sheets I might actually make another thread for like in Cross Effects. Should I start a sub-forum for this also like Cross Effects?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 04:34:07 AM by Alice »

Ambiguous_Ayakashi

• A Tree.
  • Data Fragment
  • A random passerby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 19, 2014, 04:19:35 AM »
Thank you kindly good sir. :3 The sheets I might actually make another thread for like in Cross Effects. Should I start a sub-forum for this also like Cross Effects?
I am a tree.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 19, 2014, 04:34:25 AM »
Fixed it for ya. :3

Ambiguous_Ayakashi

• A Tree.
  • Data Fragment
  • A random passerby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 19, 2014, 04:38:26 AM »
This was more of a joke, but thank you.
Also, I think that we're derailing the thread.

Question: Is there any IRC to discuss matters like BL's #notes on IRCHighway?

Soldat der Trauer

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 19, 2014, 04:40:59 AM »
Also, I think that we're derailing the thread.

Question: Is there any IRC to discuss matters like BL's #notes on IRCHighway?

Or you could just make one? That's what I did, since #notes is basically General Discussion nowadays.

Ambiguous_Ayakashi

• A Tree.
  • Data Fragment
  • A random passerby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 19, 2014, 04:42:07 AM »
Well, I know that it's mostly General Discussion, just wondering if this forum had a place where the people generally hang out.
What is the name of your channel?

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 19, 2014, 04:42:32 AM »
Are we taking name suggestions for this now? 8D

Fate/Animism

Fate/Primal Grounds

Fate/Heaven Rush

Fate/War Dance
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 19, 2014, 04:45:34 AM »
No problem. :3 I thought it might be a joke, but I was willing enough to go along with it anyway.

Also, we don't have an IRC chat yet, but we can certainly make one. :) Though I may make a separate thread for it so we don't derail this thread much further. ^^"

And yes, name suggestions are appreciated~ I kinda like Fate/War Dance myself, though I'm more than open to far more suggestions. :3

EDIT: And IRC thread is now made: http://darksidemoon.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,336.new.html#new
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 04:49:21 AM by Alice »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 19, 2014, 05:05:35 AM »
>Not Fate/Eagleland

We all know this is the best title for it. Admit it.

Soldat der Trauer

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 19, 2014, 05:15:21 AM »
Leo's not here, Mags. You can drop it w/ the MURICA "enthusiasm" now...