Author Topic: Europa Universalis IV: Third time the charm?  (Read 11678 times)

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
And if you succeeds at unifying Eire, try to NTR Bretons, Scots, Welsh and Cornish away from their Saxon and Frankish overlords.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Well, the Scots don't start as part of England, and I think the Bretons tend to end up as part of France pretty fast. The Welsh and Cornish work, though.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Yeah, but England and France usually get strong enough to absorb them.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Well, England will probably get Scotland eventually, yeah, but it's usually not quick, especially since Scotland tends to have French support.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
Scotland usually gets wrecked early, very early, depending on if England gets the War of the Roses and Lollard Heretics events or not. I've seen a one province minor Scotland by the 1500's.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Can you keep French culture in EU4 if you win the Hundred Years War? in EU2, if you cut off France from the sea and maintained that state to 1453, you got to keep French culture for the rest of the game. Then you could gain later on gaelic culture, so potentially you could rule Ireland, Great Britain and France as territories with compatible culture. Pretty broken, methinks.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
I haven't played around much with the culture, but EUIV's culture things work like this -

- You have a Culture Group, to which you belong
- All cultures in that group can be considered accepted, and any culture in any group cna be considered accepted if you are the primary nation of that culture group (France for the French culture group)
- Cultures outside of your culture group can be considered accepted based on the amount of provinces you have cored with that culture, and their base tax

So you can keep French culture, but this isn't the best option. For that matter, if you win the 100 Years War as England, I THINK you enter into a personal union with France. After 50 years, you can integrate France, which should give you all their culture's as accepted if you're lucky.

I don't think Irish can be an accepted Culture for England/Great Britain.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
But you can probably convert culture after set amount of time in EU3/EU4, so you can make Eire English in culture. That is one of advantages of EU3 of 4 over 2. In 2, you could only convert cultures via events, or by keeping colonial city outside your continent for 30 years if it did not reach population of 5000, so you could NTR colonies and convert them.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
But you can probably convert culture after set amount of time in EU3/EU4, so you can make Eire English in culture. That is one of advantages of EU3 of 4 over 2. In 2, you could only convert cultures via events, or by keeping colonial city outside your continent for 30 years if it did not reach population of 5000, so you could NTR colonies and convert them.
You can actually convert culture in 4 as well - after you core a province, you can spend diplomatic monarch points to change the culture. Its' the only way you'll ever get rid of the chance of nationalist revolts sometimes, and will kill the cores of certain countries.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
I know, that is why I said it is EU3 and EU4 where you can convert cultures.

In EU2, nationalist revolt risk faded automatically after 30 years, and core provinces did not have that issue regardless of the culture.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
OK, I'm going to go for the Native Americans, because I think it'll be really interesting to see you try to survive and to fight off Western colonists.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
We need one more vote to settle this.

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
My vote hath spoken.

BORK BORK