Author Topic: Fate's Mirror: Fortune and Favour (interactive fiction, possible lemon)  (Read 25904 times)

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
Re: Fate's Mirror: Fortune and Favour (interactive fiction, possible lemon)
« Reply #165 on: April 29, 2014, 05:50:29 AM »
Actually Names, I referring to the fact that Shirou doesn't describe him as an old man in the first part.

qwertyfatcat

• The want-no-trabbler
  • NPC
  • I don't want no trabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 29, 2014, 05:56:37 AM »
Because Shirou calls his son an old fart.
I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble.

I told you I wanted no trabble.

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 29, 2014, 06:08:00 AM »
Young on the outside

Old and constipated on the inside

Don't sweat the details

qwertyfatcat

• The want-no-trabbler
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 29, 2014, 04:10:15 PM »
Basically Edward Cullen.
I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 29, 2014, 10:48:00 PM »
Nothing has been confirmed as to what Satoshi has as of yet. As for his RM, intangible force strikes the offending party with feedback relative to their offense.
I'm unsure what you mean by this. If they only break the rules a little bit they only get hit a little bit? Does it constantly attack them?

qwertyfatcat

• The want-no-trabbler
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 30, 2014, 12:36:49 AM »
Nothing has been confirmed as to what Satoshi has as of yet. As for his RM, intangible force strikes the offending party with feedback relative to their offense.
I'm unsure what you mean by this. If they only break the rules a little bit they only get hit a little bit? Does it constantly attack them?

Imagination beams? In the shape of swords maybe? The RM doesn't even give us any idea of what it looks like, just how Satoshi has absolute dominance over whoever he fights against.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 30, 2014, 01:50:45 AM »
The first umbra, in example, no violence is declared as a rule, someone say Archer punches Shinji in the face. He would receive the equivalent relative damage, same rule but say Gilgamesh attempts murder outright, the penalty would be enough force to almost kill him (Satoshi doesn't believe in killing so it will never kill a rule breaker)

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 30, 2014, 01:57:08 AM »
The first umbra, in example, no violence is declared as a rule, someone say Archer punches Shinji in the face. He would receive the equivalent relative damage, same rule but say Gilgamesh attempts murder outright, the penalty would be enough force to almost kill him (Satoshi doesn't believe in killing, but has killed at least three people and brought them back to life because that makes it OK. Somehow)
Fixed for accuracy.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 30, 2014, 01:59:13 AM »
Dammit Magos.

Edit:
The first umbra, in example, no violence is declared as a rule, someone say Archer punches Shinji in the face. He would receive the equivalent relative damage, same rule but say Gilgamesh attempts murder outright, the penalty would be enough force to almost kill him (Satoshi doesn't believe in killing so it will never kill a rule breaker)
So what's stopping Satoshi from making the rule "No violence against anyone with dragon blood." Also do the rules still apply to the rule breaker after they have broken them? For example, if someone broke the no violence one already would he still be affected if he attacks again?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 02:01:46 AM by Umbra of Chaos »

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #174 on: April 30, 2014, 02:05:56 AM »
The first umbra, in example, no violence is declared as a rule, someone say Archer punches Shinji in the face. He would receive the equivalent relative damage, same rule but say Gilgamesh attempts murder outright, the penalty would be enough force to almost kill him (Satoshi doesn't believe in killing, but has killed at least three people and brought them back to life because that makes it OK. Somehow)
Fixed for accuracy.
So, Magos!
What's this, the third time I've had to tell you to leave the thread?
Leave the thread now. If you post in this thread again, then you'll leave me no choice but to start handing bans.

That goes to anyone else who has been told to leave the thread as well.

qwertyfatcat

• The want-no-trabbler
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 30, 2014, 02:16:32 AM »
Does the damage just happen, or is there some special effects that occur? Also, what do you mean by "Satoshi doesn't believe in killing so it will never kill a rule breaker"? If Satoshi sets the rules for no violence and he breaks that rule, shouldn't he be going through that penalty? Or are you saying he won't do that act?

Anyways, it doesn't matter. Satoshi can break his own rules and be fine because of Avalon.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 30, 2014, 02:24:29 AM »
It defies his basic nature Umbra, a reality marble will always be slightly unfair due to the basic point of it being a power to help the user. However Satoshi doesn't believe in unfair competition, fighting or otherwise, so his reality doesn't accept such terms. The rules apply until the rm fades, although every time the rm responds it costs mana.

qwertyfatcat

• The want-no-trabbler
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 30, 2014, 02:36:21 AM »
He believes in fair competition, yet Satoshi sets up any five rules he wants. If you wanted his RM to make a fair fight, give some actual penalties for his RM.

Besides, it doesn't matter about the RM, since he can never have a fair fight. Avalon makes him invincible, hence he will always have the advantage.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 30, 2014, 02:41:11 AM »
I think it fits the concept rather well, actually, because chivalric warfare works the same way. The knights would have said that it was about having a fair fight, but the fight was intrinsically biased towards them because they designed the rules to benefit their style of fighting.

There is simply no such thing as a truly "fair" fight, because fairness in that context depends on who writes the rules.

And, no, penalising Toshi for implementing the rules wouldn't make the fight "fair", because there is no way to make the penalty fit with the benefit he is gaining. What would make it fair is if both sides could make rules, but then it wouldn't be much of a Reality Marble if it didn't benefit the user....
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 02:43:55 AM by Cherry Lover »

qwertyfatcat

• The want-no-trabbler
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 30, 2014, 03:11:33 AM »
Which is why I his RM doesn't make it fair. Saying that he wants a fair fight, but being in control of the rules is the exact opposite of a fair fight.

While allowing the opponent to make their own rules would make it equal, it wouldn't matter because Satoshi has Avalon to make that "equalization" null. Fact is, Satoshi always has the advantage because his opponents will not be able to even hurt him, let alone kill him. In the end, the RM is just a way for Satoshi to gain reality warping powers on top of his reality warping powers, dragon powers and special swords.