Author Topic: Of Swords and Sorcery (Chronological edition discussion)  (Read 27223 times)

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Re: Of Swords and Sorcery (Chronological edition discussion)
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2014, 09:32:31 PM »
Oi, guys, tone it down.

I'd appreciate an answer to my previous post, however.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2014, 09:33:33 PM »
Lyco you've broken the rules, please leave

Crowds don't go against the ref YOLF, plus combat can any number of problems to it so they see it as fair.

no Kat, they leave after Leysritt is declared Type universe.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2014, 09:34:39 PM »
Satoshis is a "good referee" in the sense that he's following in the footsteps of the "third team": SEC refs.

Yeah, Satoshi here is pretty obviously an intentionally-biased referee trying to ensure one side wins. But, as Lantz says, it's to save an entire universe, so I don't think he can really be blamed for that....

Who is Andromeda? The embodiment of Blood Fort that Satoshi has stuck his dick in?

Type Andromeda. I presume that is the Type that represents the Andromeda Galaxy (the closest galaxy to us).

Not sure how Type Mercury (a planet) is able to defeat the ultimate lifeform of an entire galaxy mind....

Posted before you so I didn't see your reply till now. Andromeda made him referee.

Why?

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2014, 09:41:11 PM »
Posted before you so I didn't see your reply till now. Andromeda made him referee.

in order of your statements. He's not infected, saw the future, Angra joined forces with CM specifically to die.
AM doesn't have a personality or a self will.  It's nothingness.  It's literally a machine that is designed to fufill a goal, the destruction of mankind.  It's not like the human Avenger was who actually had emotions, it's literally a machine. It doesn't want to die. It doesn't want to do anything. It HAS to kill everything. It is incapable of wanting anything.

"I am originally nothingness. I don't have love or regrets. Since I'm originally something that can neither think nor do anything."
-Avenger (FHA)

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2014, 09:45:23 PM »
Lyco you've broken the rules, please leave

Crowds don't go against the ref YOLF, plus combat can any number of problems to it so they see it as fair.

I can understand crows not going against the referee officially, but it's pretty natural for crowds to boo and pick on the person filling that role if they think he or she is being unfair. You say they actually see this case as fair because trial by combat can solve any number of problems, but that is what I still don't understand.

The combat was setup so neither side had access to their real strength. And this heavily benefitted one side over the other due to a massive power difference. Unless every other match happened in the exact same conditions (in which case the end result still wouldn't reflect the actual strongest being amongst the competitors), this was a decision which did nothing but provide an extremely fallacious and unfair ending.

Unfair because, other TYPEs and competitors would likely have had much better chances against ORT (and better chances at becoming the champion/TYPE-Universe/whatever) if they had fought it under the same conditions as Leysritt did. This is why I question that no one or anything objected to Satoshi's ruling.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 09:46:47 PM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2014, 09:48:18 PM »
Andromeda is like hulk Hogan, a wwf wrestling star, he beat Satoshi and made him ref because it was "Awesome"

excuse my error in communication. Angra is not host less in this case Umbra, the group at current doesn't know that however.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2014, 09:49:28 PM »

Leysritt has neither power nor world corrossive will, so I find it shattering the suspension of disbelief.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2014, 09:52:07 PM »
Disbelief of what? A shiny belt?

the fight isn't shown YOLF. I never said they didn't jeer or boo though, also people are placing bets so there's that side of it too.

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2014, 09:54:24 PM »
Andromeda is like hulk Hogan, a wwf wrestling star, he beat Satoshi and made him ref because it was "Awesome"
So Andromeda is a wrestler and Mercury/ORT is a Leysritt clone...despite Andromeda being named after a heroine in Greco-Roman mythology and Mercury being named after the male Greco-Roman god.
Type Venus is at least the same gender as her namesake.
What the fuck.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 09:56:33 PM by Lycodrake »
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2014, 10:02:53 PM »
excuse my error in communication. Angra is not host less in this case Umbra, the group at current doesn't know that however.
"No True Ancestor can become the Crimson Moon, because they're all imperfect that they can't reach his level of purity. Except Arc."

There is also this. CM stands alone. No fusing with silly Gaian stuff(Thanks to Bridge for clarification).

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2014, 10:07:24 PM »
It's the real crimson moon Umbra, he saw the future and killed Zelretch.

they aren't fused, he's wearing it like armour

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2014, 10:11:34 PM »
But Crimson Moon does not have capability to see future.

they aren't fused, he's wearing it like armour

The heck?

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2014, 10:20:12 PM »
Correct, CM doesn't have the ability to see the future, obviously someone helped him.

Armour is a thing Kat

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2014, 10:38:10 PM »

Is... there a reason behind this, or did you just go "Right. TYPE-Andromeda. What, should he look like....? HULK HOGAN. That sounds right"?

the fight isn't shown YOLF. I never said they didn't jeer or boo though, also people are placing bets so there's that side of it too.

That was not my point. I didn't mention jeers or boos in regards to the fight, but Satoshi's ruling for the fight, and the result, and the conditions he placed.

Look. Let me put it this way.

Assuming that the way you're writing your TYPEs doesn't seem to be "alien beings of overwhelming power unrestricted by physical laws, with an unearthly perspective and inhuman mentality, or lacking even a human-like perception of self"...

Do they not have at least a little edge of something like pride? I mean, wouldn't... the TYPEs who lost in the battles so far feel kinda cheated that Leyritt won against ORT in the way she did, when normally a number of them would've very easily crushed her with their true forms, not to mention ORT himself?

Or to be even clearer. Imagine you're a TYPE. And you have power that would easily have allowed you to destroy someone like Leysritt. You lost to ORT. Okay, ORT is actually much stronger than you. But then, the referee decrees a power restriction for the next match. And a puny thing that you could've beaten, like Leys, defeats ORT and takes the title. Not because she's actually stronger than it. But because she was fighting it on equal ground enforced by the referee. And you think "I could easily win against her, what the hell", and "If I had fought ORT like that I could've won too, damnit".

Would you not feel completely cheated? Or unfairly judged?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 10:43:01 PM by YOLF »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2014, 10:44:40 PM »
Talks like, not looks like.

if any of the previous combatants were alive you'd be right YOLF