Author Topic: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) Discussion Page (OOC).  (Read 171127 times)

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) Discussion Page (OOC).
« Reply #2100 on: November 07, 2014, 06:16:05 PM »
On another hand, she will treat your Sakura as her Fetch, I think.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: November 07, 2014, 06:17:11 PM »
On another hand, she will treat your Sakura as her Fetch, I think.

I don't know what a "Fetch" is, so....

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: November 07, 2014, 06:24:13 PM »

Basically, a false person put there by fae to hide the abduction of the Changeling. For that matter, Mike, character death is something you learn to deal with.

The problem is with you there's only one way to have this work which is allowing nothing at all to test your characters. Anything they could conceiveably fail at, you object to.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: November 07, 2014, 06:29:25 PM »

Basically, a false person put there by fae to hide the abduction of the Changeling.

Hmm, yeah, I looked it up.

Well, Kat is free to treat her as such if he wants, but she's not. She won't have any of the abilities or traits associated with such. Further, he is not killing her, or any of her family.

For that matter, Mike, character death is something you learn to deal with.

No, Arch, it's not, not in this context. Go read the fucking rules of the RP. Elf said "no killing without permission" for a reason.

If you want to RP your characters dying, that is your choice. I do not wish to do so, so I won't. If you don't like that, go make your own damn RP for people who fetishise grimdark shit.

The problem is with you there's only one way to have this work which is allowing nothing at all to test your characters. Anything they could conceiveably fail at, you object to.

No, things can test them, I'm just not letting them die. And, you haven't tried to "test" them. Everything you've done has been pretty much inescapable.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: November 07, 2014, 06:52:32 PM »

Well, Kat is free to treat her as such if he wants, but she's not. She won't have any of the abilities or traits associated with such. Further, he is not killing her, or any of her family.

Lol, as a Loyalist she would only wonder if she could be the Keeper magnet as Fetches tend to be ones. No reason to kill her.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: November 07, 2014, 07:05:08 PM »

Lol, as a Loyalist she would only wonder if she could be the Keeper magnet as Fetches tend to be ones. No reason to kill her.

Well, yes, I don't understand much about the setting. I just Googled it and found that they would sometimes attempt to kill their Fetch.

Ultimately, it's unlikely to matter much, because the fact that she drains life-force from people means she is likely to come into conflict with my characters at some point (yes, Rider does it, but she doesn't do so in a fatal manner, plus she tends to be rather careful about not letting Sakura or Shirou know...).

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: November 07, 2014, 07:12:03 PM »
How harvesting emotions from people would look like?

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: November 07, 2014, 07:14:28 PM »
How harvesting emotions from people would look like?

What?

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: November 07, 2014, 07:18:37 PM »
I mean, how harvesting emotions from people to generate Glamour would look like, let's say, from the POV of your characters?

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: November 07, 2014, 07:27:18 PM »
I mean, how harvesting emotions from people to generate Glamour would look like, let's say, from the POV of your characters?

Do you mean permanently removing those emotions, or just feeding off emotional states?

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: November 07, 2014, 07:36:48 PM »
Feeding off emotional states.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: November 07, 2014, 07:38:24 PM »
Feeding off emotional states is the closest analogy. Changelings don't deprive a person of intense emotions when they gain Glamour from them, the same way they don't deprive the person of dreams if they get Glamour from those.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: November 07, 2014, 07:47:32 PM »
Well, then, I don't see any fundamental issue with that. Although, of course, if they go out of their way to create those emotions (particularly negative ones) that might be different, depending on how they do it (running a theme park with awesome rides to feed off people's fear and excitement is fine, kidnapping someone and torturing them to feed off their fear and pain obviously isn't...).

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: November 07, 2014, 07:53:22 PM »
Mordred's Summer Court's emotion is Wrath. She will likely feel affinity for hotheaded people, though she can feed on other emotions, just feeding on Wrath is more efficient.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: November 07, 2014, 08:04:53 PM »
Mordred's Summer Court's emotion is Wrath. She will likely feel affinity for hotheaded people, though she can feed on other emotions, just feeding on Wrath is more efficient.

Ah, right, OK.

Well, I don't think any of my characters are inclined towards anger in general, although Sakura can get angry at times (she is Rin's sister, after all). Kiyoshi is probably the easiest to anger, though, ironically. I'm guessing Mordred is going to love Rin, though....