Type Moon > Fanfiction

The Hound, The Blacksmith, and the Crow Drabbles

(1/2) > >>

Elf:
So, as a bit of a crack idea that sort of was a crossover between The Hound and the Blacksmith and The Law Unto Herself Chronicles a series of drabbles was born.  Here is that series of drabbles.

The Metal

Elf:
The Metal

“Iron Maiden? Nightwish? Judas Priest?”

Rin blinked as she saw Luvia’s massive CD collection, reading through the names and seeing covers usually involving knights in armor fighting massive dragons or demons that even the Burial Agency would be afraid to face. Plum colored eyes met hers and a tiny smile graced Luvia’s exquisite face. Rin pushed a lock of her hair back and asked, “Why do have of these bands have names involving the words ‘Night’, ‘Black’, ‘Iron’, or some artsy musical words? I mean, isn’t this the stuff that you can play backwards and hear demons or something?”

Luvia blinked twice before reaching forward. The box in Rin’s hands was snatched away and the blond began to thumb thoughtfully through its contents. Those plum eyes narrowed at Rin as the Finish magus said, “Again, you are quite wrong about this, Rin. However I will teach you what proper heavy metal sounds like.”

“Wow, touchy about your metal then?” Rin asked with a grin as one white hand pushed a button on a device that utterly terrified the Japanese magus.

Luvia haughtily tilted her head and said, “I am from Finland. We take our heavy metal very seriously, and you would not know decent music unless it was shoved directly into your face.”

“So, what does your dad think about your taste in music?” Rin asked with a slight smile. Luvia scowled as she inserted the gleaming disk into a tray, pushed a button that inserted the tray back into the terrifying device, and then stared at a black screen with glowing green numbers while thoughtfully hitting other buttons. Rin stretched out as the green glow harmonized with Luvia’s eyes, making them appear more like amethysts.

Luvia frowned and said, “My father is ignorant of my taste in music.”

“I thought so,” Rin said before reaching out and stroking amber curls.

Luvia relaxed and her long, ivory fingers left the keypad for a moment before she leaned back into Rin’s touch. “There is quite a bit my father does not approve of or understand.”

“He’d probably hate me,” Rin said as she leaned forward, resting her chin on the larger girl’s shoulder. The smell of violets filled her nostrils as she inhaled Luvia’s very familiar perfume. Automatically she rubbed her face against the graceful column of Luvia’s throat, drawing a shuddering sigh from the other girl.

Luvia whispered, “Your family did steal from mine.”

“We’ll call this ‘history repeating itself’ then,” Rin said before kissing a silken cheek.

Luvia smiled, her eyes sparkling, and said, “Well, apparently your great grandmother was happy with your great grandfather.”

“Well, as happy as a couple of uptight magi could be together,” Rin said with a chuckle. Luvia chuckled as well before narrowing her eyes at the screen and hitting a button. Within moments, rousing and melodic music accompanied rich vocals filled the room.

Luvia’s fingers picked at Rin’s sleeves and she said, “My father would not approve of my choice. I am to marry a nobleman to preserve the Edelfelt name and to make it thrive. There is already a long list of magi from prospective families wanting my hand.”

Rin took Luvia’s hand and held it tightly. She knew the hold Luvia’s father had on her, Archer had explained it in great detail when she finally got him to open up. After hearing the sordid tale, she had made Archer a promise.

“I will make sure that Luvia has a better life this time than in yours.”

It was a promise she was going to intend to keep. She chuckled as she listened to the song Luvia had so tactfully chosen about an “Emerald Sword”. Once the song was over, Luvia pressed a button leaving them in silence. She looked at Rin with one graceful eyebrow and asked, “Well, what did you think?”

“. . . I liked it,” Rin said with a grin, “And I think I’d like to listen to more of it.”

Elf:
Stupid Low Luck Rating
Archer was rather proud of the earrings he had picked out. There had been a couple of hours agonizing over the decision and pouring over a few selections that were in his price range and appropriate color. He was pretty sure the jeweler wanted to kick him out after taking so long for a purchase that wasn't that extravagant, especially not in comparison to some of the others who had been milling around in the store that day. Still, he wanted a pair that would make an impact.

Smiling, the blue velvet box was opened to reveal a simple pair of trilliant cut garnet earrings with just a bit of dangle set in silver. The garnet wasn't quite as true of a red as Rin's pendent, but it was a pretty raspberry shade none the less that caught the light and sparkled. It was simple yet elegant, and he figured Rin would adore it.

He shifted in his cramped airplane seat and glared at the man asleep in front of him with his seat back enough to all but be in Archer's lap. It's worth it, he thought to himself as he looked out of the window at the endless sky around them. The crystal blue seemingly stretched out forever, occasionally broken by a few fluffy white clouds drifting aimlessly through it. There was a loud click as he closed the box and slid it into his jacket pocket.

Getting onto the plane had been hell, and the earrings weren't the reason why the metal detectors kept setting of. They had ran him through it twice, used the wand three times then patted him down to find the only pieces of metal on him were his keys and the earrings. His Leatherman tool was secured in his luggage, it was too useful not to take, but the security attendants had been baffled about why he had set off the detector so much with nothing on him.

Lancer would have been laughing his head off at the extensive search one man did to try to figure out why Archer was such a security hazard. Considering the last time I flew on a plane and what happened it's really not surprising this is biting me in the ass, he thought as he shifted again, trying to relieve the pressure on his legs from the seat in front of him. He hoped that this flight would go better and that everything would go smoothly when he got to London.

Tohsaka Rin raised her eyebrows at the Finnish blond currently frowning at her.

Luvia's accent was thicker than usual when she said, "I am telling you Rin, your calculations are wrong."

"No, Luvia, you're the one who's wrong. Look again," Rin said as she poked the note pad with her finger.

Luvia swore softly in Finnish before leaning forward, large, spiral amber colored curls spilling onto the table. Plum eyes widened at Rin and Rin smirked. "See?" Rin said with a grin.

The taller girl snorted and said, "Don't get arrogant about it, Rin."

"Oh, and why's that, Eldefelt?" Rin all but sang out as she leaned forward the taller girl.

Luvia blinked and said, "Because you are insufferable when you are right."

"Bother you that much, Luvia?" Rin asked with a wink.

The blond's eyes narrowed and she said, "Do shut up."

"No," Rin said with a smile right as Luvia moved forward, closing the gap, and swept her mouth against Rin's.

Rin wrapped her arms around the larger girl, one hand entangling in those thick, glossy curls as Luvia's hands wandered down her back and sides. The smell of violets was thick in Rin's nostrils and she could taste the chocolate from the truffle the blond had just moments earlier. Rin pressed forward, giving her "rival" no mercy as they kissed.

In fact the world seemed to melt away other than Luvia as the kiss gentled to sweet caresses of lips and tongue. Rin's head swam with bliss as Luvia held her close, eager for contact as always. She stroked the surprising heaviness of Luvia's back and moved to kiss her cheek then down her throat. Luvia moaned as she arched her long, swan like neck for Rin to get better access.

She was briefly aware of the door opening and closing.

Then an all too familiar voice croaked out, "Rin?"

Rin and Luvia jumped away as if they had been burned, Rin heard her heart roaring in her ears as she looked up into a pair of wide, steel colored eyes.

"So, I bet we're going to get a call from the Bowman saying he's going to be in London for a while," Lancer said with a grin.

Ayako tucked a lock of hair behind her ear and grinned back. "You'd be happy if he did, wouldn't you?"

The Celt nodded, grabbed a computer chair, spun it around and straddled it from behind. He rested his arms on top of the back of the chair and nodded, his crimson eyes meeting Ayako's. "Of course, you didn't have to see them making Eyes at each other when the other one wasn't looking. Besides, Archer needs someone to get that massive stick from up his arse," Lancer replied with a shrug.

Ayako raised her eyebrows and said, "That's for damned sure. I have half a mind to just like trash his office to see him twitch."

"He's the best housewife who's ever lived," Lancer said with a chuckle.

Ayako looked around and rubbed the back of her neck. "I'll admit I'm really not good at straightening up or cooking."

"So? We've got Archer to do that. You look up stuff on that Devil Box," Lancer said with a glare towards the computer.

She chuckled and said, "It's called a computer."

"I call it a Devil Box," Lancer said with a glare, "It's full of all sorts of perverse and unnatural things. I've seen it. I stared into the abyss and ran away weeping."

"You know Minori warned you about going into /B/ alone," Ayako said with a sigh and a shake of her head.

Lancer threw up his hands and said, "I couldn't help it! I got curious and poked my nose right where I shouldn't, and now I'm scarred for life."

"What did you see anyway?" Ayako asked as she moved to turn the "Devil Box" on. She remembered one time Minori had forced her to see two women in a wading pool of baked beans doing stuff that she hadn't thought was physically possible. Or sticking things that were too big into places that they really shouldn't have gone into. Or maybe beans were a better lubricant than Ayako had initially thought.

A pained look passed Lancer's face and he said, "I loved my horses. I didn't love them like that."

"Eh, that's kinda tame," Ayako said with a grin as the Windows screen booted up.

Then the office door flew open and Lancer was on his feet in an instant while Ayako moved behind him. She blinked to see Archer standing there looking even surlier than normal. His eyes were narrowed, his jaw clinched so hard that she swore she heard his teeth grinding, and his fists were so tight the knuckles were white. He walked over to the desk and a little blue velvet box was slammed onto the desk hard enough to make it shake.

Lancer blinked and asked, "Everything okay, Bowman?"

Eyes like molten steel met Ayako's and Archer said in a rusty voice, "Call the punk. I need a sparring partner."

"Well, I'll spar with you," Lancer said as he all but grinned from ear to ear and flashed his fangs.

Archer's glare would have frozen water in July when he said, "No. I want to fight the boy." Then with that he stormed out of the office as quick as he had entered.

Ayako blinked and lifted up the blue velvet box. A flick of the wrist opened it and she blinked at the red stones gleaming in the fluorescent light and the flash of silver against dark velvet. She gently closed the box before looking at Lancer, who was frowning.

The Celt reached for the box, opened it, looked inside, and whistled. "I'll be damned, he's a sodding romantic," Lancer said with a sigh as he put the box down.

Ayako bit her lip, nodded, and replied, "And I think he got rejected."

"Or someone beat him to the punch," Lancer said in a soft voice.

Ayako crossed her arms and asked, "Should I call Emiya?"

"Aye and Sakura," Lancer said.

Elf:
Blossoms and Carrion Birds
Matou Sakura felt her heart race as an icy chill ran through her veins. Blood roared in her ears, drowning out the taunts and demands of the scruffy looking punks around her. One of them reached out towards one of the grocery bags she was holding with a smirk showing grimy, yellowed teeth. Even at this distance she could smell his rank breath.

"What'cha got in the bag, babe?" he asked, his small, beady eyes moving up and down her form.

She swallowed and answered, "Groceries."

"Mind sharing with us?" one of the other punks asked before slowly licking his lips.

A spike of sheer heat shot up through the ice that was running through her veins as she took a deep, slow breath. Her eyes narrowed and she replied, "I'm already sharing with six other people. I'm sorry, but there's not any more room at the table."

"Hey, I recognize her. She's Emiya's girlfriend, aren't you baby?" the third and youngest punk said as he glared at her.

Sakura felt that heat quickly eat away at the ice from within and replied, "That's none of your business."

"Didn't Emiya kick your ass, Rao?" the leader asked with a slow grin.

Rao cracked his knuckles and said, "Yeah, that bastard did."

Knowing Sempai, he did for good reason, Sakura thought with narrowed eyes.

Rao pulled something from his jacket and Sakura almost groaned at the flash of steel in the street lights. She looked around, they had her cornered and backed up against the wall. She silently cursed and thought, This wouldn't happen to Nee-san.

"Now, if you're good Emiya's Girlfriend we'll let you go, if you fight . . . well, it's not going to be good for you," the leader said with a wide grin.

She bit her lip as she felt velvet darkness start to coat her veins. It was eager, ready and willing to do her bidding. The darkness ached to render each one of these idiots into parts that were unrecognizable. It wanted to shred and violate them.

Sakura whispered, "You should get away from me."

"Why's that?" Rao asked, "Your boyfriend gonna come save you?"

This caused a wave of laughter to bubble up from the other punks, as if it was the funniest thing that they'd ever heard.

No, because I'd kill you without breaking a sweat, she thought.

"No, because she'd either blast you to tiny bits where they'd have to seep you off the pavement with a sponge or something equally unpleasant," a low female voice with an odd accent said from the inside of the alley.

Sakura tilted her head to see a tall Caucasian woman that didn't look that much older than her saunter out of the shadows. She was dressed head to toe in black with a flowing leather duster. Blond hair woven in a braid that had seen better days caught the light as she approached.

Sakura shook her head and the blond girl winked at her.

Sakura blinked slowly as the foreigner folded her arms across her chest and said, "Now why don't the lot of you go run off and do something more constructive, eh. It'll lengthen your life expectancy."

"Who the hell do you think you are, telling us what to do?" the leader said with a glare.

Rao stared at the blond, lifted his knife and said, "I don't know Kenji, but she's kind of my type. For a foreigner."

"They're not really original, are they poppet?" the blond asked with one eyebrow raised.

Sakura blinked and asked, "What are you doing?"

"My usual. Not knowing when to butt out and sticking my nose where it doesn't belong because I can't let this sort of thing go," the blond said with a sigh before throwing out her fist.

Sakura blinked as Rao had been standing up right one moment and then the next he had been thrown across the alley. She'd barely seen the blond move it had been so fast. Inhumanly fast, Sakura thought as she took a step back and did the wise thing of staying out of an alley brawl.

Now, that right hurt.

The vampire who gave her name as Forest, also known from her point of origin as Law Unto Herself, hissed right as cold steel punctured right into her cold, undead flesh. Pain welled up sharply and made itself known as it traveled through her nervous system like wildfire. Her fangs throbbed in response as she growled low in her throat before reaching out to grab the little cunt with the knife.

His dark eyes widened as she drew him close.

“Didn’t your mum tell you that it’s bad to play with knives?” she asked in a low voice as she reached for the knife in his hand. His fingers uncurled easily when she pressed her thumb right into a point on his wrist that shorted out nerve impulses in a way she knew to be quite excruciating but ultimately harmless. There was a sharp clatter as the knife impacted the pavement.

The little pissant’s response was to scream loud enough to make her ears ring. She flinched at the pricing sound before darting forth. Fangs pierced sweaty and dirty flesh right before hot, sweet life splashed onto her tongue and down her throat. Her toes curled at the warmth flooding through her with each swallow and she heard him moan and arch towards her. An all too familiar smell of salt and musk filled the air as he gripped her arms to hold her in place.

Four days. Four days since I fell here. Three days before that since I fed. That’s pushing it even for me.

“Don’t stop, oh god please don’t stop,” the punk moaned as his fingers gripped the sleeves to her leather duster.

She licked the tiny punctures closed and he gave a full body shiver and moaned. He stared at her with wide eyes and said, “Do that again, please do that again.”

“No, I’ve taken my fill,” she said as she met his eyes.

Short term memories were easily dealt with, rearranging a bit here and there, and within moments he was wondering off in confusion with a giant stain in the front of his pants. The other two gangsters stared at her and she walked over to them. Their leader moved to pick up the knife, but a swift kick to the face halted that motion. He crumpled to the ground as she met the eyes of the one that really hadn’t caught much of her notice. Soon he was wandering around as well.

Then she turned to the violet haired girl who was staring with narrowed eyes. Forest put up her hands and said, “I won’t hurt you.”

“You wouldn’t get the chance,” the young woman said as she lifted her head defiantly. The smell of ozone and blood was stiflingly thick around her. Power was coiled around her like a second skin, the sort of power that Forest was use to seeing Fae wield and not some Japanese school girl with remarkably pretty hair.

And rather shapely to boot, and I thought the Japanese were slimmer than this. And normally don’t have purple hair and eyes, Forest thought with a frown, considering her all too slender form.

She replied, “I’d give you more of a fight than I’d let on. Besides, magic takes time to cast. I’m quick despite being dead.”

The girl moved from the wall, adjusting her burdens as she looked at Forest. Her eyes traveled up and down, widening at the tiny tears and dried blood that marred both her tank top and jeans. The vampire fidgeted with a loose lock of hair while she was thoroughly inspected. Suddenly the violet haired girl stepped up, gave a tiny bow, and said, “Thank you for your help.”

“Figured you didn’t want any more blood on your conscious,” Forest said with a shrug.

The girl’s eyes widened and she asked, “How did you . . .?”

“When someone with your sort of power hesitates they have reason to. Usually a personal one,” Forest said with a shrug. And you seem too nice to randomly lay waste to a bunch of punks.

The girl tilted her head and said, “My name’s Matou Sakura.”

“I’m called Forest,” the blond said with a polite bow. At least my Japanese isn’t rusty. It’s been over a century since I’ve stepped foot on these lands.

Cherry Lover:
Hmm, these are really good. I especially like the one with Sakura and Forest. And the Luvia/Rin pairing seems really quite amusing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version