Unlimited Creativity Works > Doujin Projects

Katsura's Worldbuilding Corner.

<< < (2/4) > >>

Umbra of Chaos:
So if a person can convince enough people that he is a god would he become one?

Are there limits to the nature spirits? I don't see a point in why they would try to gain more power if they can directly access the planet's mana.

Kat:

--- Quote ---So if a person can convince enough people that he is a god would he become one?

--- End quote ---

After death, that is. A deified ruler would go on becoming a deity after death if people honestly believed in his godhood.

--- Quote ---Are there limits to the nature spirits? I don't see a point in why they would try to gain more power if they can directly access the planet's mana.
--- End quote ---

They are tied to the planet and in tangible form, thus they are vulnerable to being killed for good by mortals and other nature spirits. Becomind a proper deity is a way to escape physical death from hands of people who would want to see the particular spirit deader than dead.

Umbra of Chaos:
Can the gods use a person as an avatar so they could partially manifest in the real world?

Kat:
Yes, some gods are even particularly fond of that method, mostly gods who used to be humans as their are familiar with the mortal flesh and how it works. The other god I have already invented is a warrior god who often 'hijacks' worthy to make battle when his cult is in dire need.

Gray:
Always nice to create a world. Are the higher level spirits capable of generating their own energy or do they just have a stockpile of energy from the sacrifices? How do the sacrifices contribute magic to the "gods" are there souls that are magically converted? Does the act of sacrifice generate it conceptually? or do they have to sacrifice nature spirits as they already contain and harness mana?
Do humans normally have mana and are unable to use it or do they just completely lack it?
Do to the ability of beings to ascend with enough power I assume that beings don't exactly have maximum capacities in how much energy they can store so is their general ranking based upon how much they can gather at a time?
Is the planet's total power amount limited? Does it naturally generate it?
What affects are expresed by a creature that can naturally channel the energy? Is it integral to their biology? Can they learn various spells or are they limited to a small set of abilities native to their species?

How would this magitech operate would it operate like normal technology except using magic as an alternative fuel source? Are devices typically of one functionality? Have they been able to harness magic for manufacturing?

What are the limits of this magical energy and how would it be manipulated? Would it actuallize thoughts, would it work off of formulas, are there different types of magical energy?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version