Author Topic: Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works Anime  (Read 35682 times)

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works Anime
« Reply #150 on: October 26, 2014, 05:20:16 AM »
Why the fuck did they decide to ruin one of the best fights?

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #151 on: October 27, 2014, 02:53:08 AM »
The episode was OK for me; I'll admit the fight wasn't as grandiose as hyped up, but I still thought it was OK. Plus, there were some good moments, like Rin's little scene with Shirou after running from Illya, and Archer's nuke at the end. The Illya vs. Rin fight was also kinda cool.

It could have been much more, true, but I won't say it's just downright ruined.

Kaze

• Kek Lord Supreme
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 27, 2014, 03:24:00 AM »
Why the fuck did they decide to ruin one of the best fights?

I respectfully disagree. Ufotable totally gave rulefags both middle fingers in that fight, but it was glorious.
YOLF: "Do ghosts have aids"

YOLF: Even if God forgives you, you shall not forgive yourself for being here [in CE].

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 27, 2014, 06:46:20 PM »
No it wasn't, it was miserable. If they hadn't had Saber cut Berserker, but instead had her blows glance off or something, then it would have been glorious. As it stands it is bad. Deen did a better job of adapting that fight, at least he felt invunerable in it

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #154 on: October 27, 2014, 06:59:01 PM »
Really? Just for that? Ah well, each to their own opinions, I guess.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 27, 2014, 07:40:57 PM »
Herk is my childhood hero, I'm a bit touchy about him.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 27, 2014, 08:03:21 PM »
There's touchy, and then there's whining every chance you get over something that's pretty damn minor. Grow up. There's a difference between criticising something and going on constantly about how something's ruined. It grates on people. Maybe even makes some people kinda angry after a point after hearing it over and over and over. So yeah.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 27, 2014, 08:46:35 PM »
Aren't you overreacting a bit, Bdoom?

I understand that you feel a bit upset or even betrayed at some of the changes in the episode because you expected a straight, faithful adaption of Unlimited Blade Works. But is the fact that Ufotable took some liberties bad?

Fate/Stay Night already suffered originally from several inconsistencies and dumb moments in its story (some would even say plot holes), and I honestly think altering some would be nothing if not an improvement. Ask yourself, were the changes we've seen so far actually bad, or are you letting them bother you more than they should because of your expectations? And if the adaptation takes further liberties to better clear up some questionable things from the VN, like Gilgamesh not donning his armor against Shirou, why Archer managed to survive to the finale, or how Caster is even able to Rule Breaker Saber in a melee fight at some points of the VN; will those be bad changes?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 08:47:19 PM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 27, 2014, 09:45:55 PM »
The only one that was bad was the GH nerf, honestly. But, I'm done complaining about it, whats done is done.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 09:47:23 PM by Sakura »

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 27, 2014, 10:47:12 PM »
GH nerf is arguable. Caladbolg still didn't kill him. It came off to me more like they just removed Saber's nerf from the equation, so her attacks were adding up to actually manage to cut him, even if it wasn't too deeply.

Though I will say lack of mention of Ranks so far is a blessing, in my opinion.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 27, 2014, 11:05:43 PM »
Yeah, but Saber isn't rank A Strength, and Invisible Air isn't Rank A either. So, how can she pierce God Hand?

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 27, 2014, 11:16:43 PM »
Gee, I don't know. If everything Archer traces is downgraded one rank, even if you have A+s they become B+s, how did Archer kill Berserker 6 times in Fate?

This is why we should not pay too much attention to stuff like ranks. Because they were Nasu being a dirty casual and trying to insert completely unnecessary faux RPG mechanics into FSN, and if Ufotable is concerning themselves less with them, I can only applaud their decision.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 27, 2014, 11:24:32 PM »
GH nerf is arguable. Caladbolg still didn't kill him. It came off to me more like they just removed Saber's nerf from the equation, so her attacks were adding up to actually manage to cut him, even if it wasn't too deeply.

Though I will say lack of mention of Ranks so far is a blessing, in my opinion.
This works for me, I hadn't approached it from that angle.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 27, 2014, 11:48:10 PM »
Gee, I don't know. If everything Archer traces is downgraded one rank, even if you have A+s they become B+s, how did Archer kill Berserker 6 times in Fate?

Broken Phantasms. They gain a rank relative to the original NP, thereby bringing them back up to rank A again.

This is why we should not pay too much attention to stuff like ranks. Because they were Nasu being a dirty casual and trying to insert completely unnecessary faux RPG mechanics into FSN, and if Ufotable is concerning themselves less with them, I can only applaud their decision.

The problem is that God Hand is literally defined on that basis. Without that restriction, it becomes far less powerful. Anyone can kill Berserker if they hit him enough times.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 28, 2014, 02:17:20 AM »
Broken Phantasms. They gain a rank relative to the original NP, thereby bringing them back up to rank A again.

The problem is that God Hand is literally defined on that basis. Without that restriction, it becomes far less powerful. Anyone can kill Berserker if they hit him enough times.

Problem with that theory being that everything suggests Archer fought Berserker in melee, where he wouldn't have time to charge Broken Phantasms.

And it's never "anyone can kill Berserker if they hit him enough times", because the attacks need to be powerful enough to affect him to begin with. And once an attack kills him once, he becomes immune to it. But thanks for missing my point.

But before you actually ask me for a justification on why Saber pierced GH in the anime despite not managing anything but shallow cuts until she used Excalibur, according to Apocrypha the rank of an attack is defined by the Strength of the Servant, the weapon used, and the skill of the Servant. So it's as simple as all the factors adding up to an A rank attack, if you really want an explanation, despite this already being a tangent of the point.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 02:19:56 AM by YOLF »