Other Fandoms > Video Games

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment (PS Vita/PS4)

(1/3) > >>

Nerroth:
Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment E3 2014 Trailer

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment was released in Japan earlier this year, where it's apparently sold close to 300,000 copies so far. The game is beign released (albeit in digital format only) for the PS Vita in North America and Europe later this month.

As it happens, a major update was made available for the Japanese edition last month, which reportedly adds up to 30 hours' worth of extra content. So far, it has not been confirmed when, or if, the Western release will recieve this update in turn:

PS Vita「ソードアート・オンライン ―ホロウ・フラグメント―」アップデート告知PV

Nerroth:
That major update I noted above will be heading to North America on September 23rd.

Nerroth:
The game is now available in North America:

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment - Launch Trailer

It should go live in Europe tomorrow.

Nerroth:
A new free DLC adventure pack has gone up on the North American PSN, with added missions, items, and so forth.

Also, it seems that SCEA finally noticed how many votes the game has been getting on the US and Canadian storefronts (over 1800 so far), and have finally gotten around to adding a promotional thumbnail for the game!

Still, I'm looking forward to the September 23 update, not least if it still includes the improved Hollow Area map shown for the Japanese update - note the lines connecting the various locations, a detail the original map sadly overlooked...

-----

Also, I've cleared the Hollow Area, and am up to level 89 in Aincrad.

Spoiler for Hiden: I wanted to finish that side of things and get Philia over to Arc Sophia before I moved further onward. I'm not sure if the designers had a particular level in mind, but she seems to fit in with the rest of the cast reasonably well.

Funnily enough, after ploughing through the Hollow Area storyline, I'm finding going back to Aincrad quite easy to run through in comparison. Maybe that will change once I get up into the 90s floor-wise.

Nerroth:
SAO:HF was August 2014's top-selling PS Vita game on the PlayStation Store in both North America and Europe.

Hopefully this might encourage Bamco to bring more of their Japanese Vita games over to the West.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version