Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - November 16, 2014—April 13, 2015  (Read 478661 times)

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread
« Reply #1140 on: January 30, 2015, 05:15:23 PM »
Deborah

Whether she did find an opportunity to escape or Ezra was negligent or too preoccupied with those fake vampires, Deborah's attempt to escape succeeded. Given that she was no more in a danger, her makeshift weapon crumbled away and she used Obfuscate to be able to safely mingle with other mortals once again. Now the question was to find a safe place to weather the next day. She spent too much time on her field research, and could afford to linger around without making it sure first she found a makeshift hideout. Sewers were her last ditch option in case she did not find a place to stay this night.

MissingMandible

• Hello Darkness my old friend. It sucks to be with you again.
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: January 30, 2015, 05:22:16 PM »
Corporal Mathew Blackburn:

"Now that is a question I never expected to be asked." Mathew began, "The Emperor of Mankind is the One True God of Mankind. It is through Him that we are able to travel the stars. It was because of Him that the Imperium exists, for over ten thousand years ago he led the Great Crusade, uniting thousands of planets. Every human being has a place in His plan.

"I'm not a preacher, just a soldier. It is the Ecclesiarchy's job to interpret His will. It's my job to act on it."

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: January 30, 2015, 05:28:28 PM »
"Is it that common knowledge where you come from? And ten thousand years? Thousands of planets? This is considered a good thing? He must be an unfathomably powerful man."

What he's saying reminds me of Tsubaki...

"What year is it where you're from?"

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: January 30, 2015, 05:45:51 PM »
Hamara

Hamara was a peace. So little sound, the light from the just risen sun hitting his form though the window, the utter calm he was in.

Sniff.

Yes, complete utter calm, he was at one with peace, nothing could break this ease.

Sniff, sniff

Complete. Utter. Calm.

Sniff…

His eyes shot open, the burning smell finally breaking him out of his meditation. So in one smooth movement he raised himself from his sitting position and moved to the door to his room.

And upon opening it the sight that greeted him was definitely not what he was expecting. The girl he saved last night looking on in horror while his Guards desperately tried to put out a massive fire in the kitchen.

He could only look on in mute shock as one of his guards finally got a metal cylinder that produced white smoke, using it to stop the blaze.

MissingMandible

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: January 30, 2015, 06:24:29 PM »
"Yes, yes, and right now the Imperium sits around a million worlds or so." Mathew answered her questions in quick order. "I don't see how it can be considered bad. He is, and he had help with his sons."

"As for the year, it is the nine hundred ninety-ninth of the forty-first millenium."

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: January 30, 2015, 06:37:40 PM »
Noel

"Woah, that far in the future?!" Noel exclaimed. "You've got forty two millennia on me." Noel chuckled to herself. "Is the future better, or does it only get worse?"

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: January 30, 2015, 09:21:09 PM »
Faust

"Yes, just to contact you. I definitely wouldn't abuse my knowledge to spy on you. That would be excessively rude."

Mordred still was somewhat hesitant about a spell like that being cast on her. "Sorry if I sound a bit paranoid, but I will agree only if we swear a pledge. I will allow you to cast that spell on me, but on condition that I will immediately feel it if you observe me. Once that happens, the spell will be immediately broken. Just a small precaution in case of a breach of trust."

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: January 30, 2015, 09:33:47 PM »
Faust

"I'm fine with these condition. I wasn't planning on spying on you, so this really doesn't affect me."

Faust quietly muttered something under his breath, and waved his hand for effect.

"Alright, I've cast the spell. Should we go to the police station?"

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: January 30, 2015, 09:47:23 PM »
Vanguard

Vanguard nodded in agreement, pleased by this turn of events. His allies all had their quirks, but they were pleasant to be with. To serve his master alongside Rider and Caster would be most... enjoyable. Still, it was regrettable that Caster wouldn't join them, but it couldn't be helped.

The knight followed Sakura and Rider to the table, unable to take a seat due to his large and heavy body, he simply sat on his knees.

Looking at the food Sakura cooked, Vanguard couldn't hep but be impressed. Her skill and dedication to the culinary arts was an admirable trait and had he not this accursed vessel, Vanguard would've loved to try her meals.

Still, the feeling of having company was a good one, the warrior could most certainly say that he was glad.

Pondering on the response to Rider's comment, Vanguard finally gave an answer, speaking with a calm voice.
"Perhaps you are right, Rider. It is by no means preferable to deny oneself of human sensation, but you see, I have already felt them in the past. To separate myself from this vessel would be no different from denying my penitence. Such a thing would drown my soul in shame, and besides..."

The knight paused for a bit, almost as if frozen. "...The joys of the living belong to the living. As for I, my life has ended long ago. To turn back would be impossible for me at this point."

« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 10:29:01 PM by francobull3 »

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: January 30, 2015, 09:58:52 PM »
Sakura

Sakura chuckled. "You really are just like a servant, aren't you? Right down to the great warrior from the ancient past part. Next thing I know you'll be telling me you have a noble phantasm."

"Rider, please don't hold it against Faust too much, he said it in a fit of anger, I'm sure he'll apologize later."

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: January 30, 2015, 10:45:52 PM »
Mordred

"Surely. Considering my recent bout of misfortune I won't be surprised if someone strong again won't show up. Better to stick together, at least for a while, than go alone. I hope you don't mind if I ask though, who exactly is this Rider person who is living with you now?" Mordred asked out of curiosity. They were in no hurry, so she thought about killing time chatting on her way.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: January 30, 2015, 10:50:31 PM »
Faust

Faust's expression soured a bit as he spoke about Rider. "Rider is Sakura's original servant, I contracted with her when we both were pulled into the Nexus. Rider appeared last night, and formed a contract with Sakura while I was fighting the berserker. In my honest opinion, she's an idiot. I'm sorry, you probably don't want to know about my personal issues."

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: January 30, 2015, 11:02:12 PM »
Mordred

"No, it's fine. I myself know the value of just letting it out if something troubles you. That said, I haven't even exchanged a word with Saber, but the fact people keep mistaking me for her is grating on my nerves. Imagine, she is apparently a glutton and hangs around with a vampire of all people. I don't want to be associated with person of such shady reputation. " To be honest, Mordred tried her best to not rant too much about the topic in question "That's why I need to meet her for everyone to witness we are different people"

MissingMandible

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: January 31, 2015, 04:41:01 AM »
Corporal Mathew Blackburn:

He doesn't understand her statement: How can she be forty-two thousand years from before the present? The only answer he had was different calender. After all, this place is beyond the Emperor's Light. As for her question, well...

"I don't understand that question, Miss."

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: January 31, 2015, 05:03:25 AM »
Noel

"I'm from the year twenty two hundred AD, you're from over fourty thousand years in the future. Is the future a safer place than where I'm from?" Noel asked again.