Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - November 16, 2014—April 13, 2015  (Read 479668 times)

MissingMandible

• Hello Darkness my old friend. It sucks to be with you again.
  • NPC
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread
« Reply #1155 on: January 31, 2015, 05:18:15 AM »
Corporal Mathew Blackburn:

"I don't have anything to compare it to. Anyways, aren't you from here?"

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: January 31, 2015, 05:43:59 AM »
Noel

"No, I'm not from here. I-don't really know how I got here any better than you, really. I did arrive quite a bit less violently, however. I'm from Earth, but it's probably one which is quite different from yours. Have you ever heard of the Dark War or the Novus Orbis Librarium?" Noel asked with a serious expression.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

MissingMandible

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: January 31, 2015, 06:03:28 AM »
Corporal Mathew Blackburn

"...No,  haven't." The Dragoon answered after a bit of a pause.

This city is making less and less sense to him as time goes on. So many inconsistencies..."What exactly is the Nexus?"

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: January 31, 2015, 06:09:25 AM »
"Then we're almost certainly not from similar worlds. And I don't think I really understand what the Nexus really is, but it's a city that 'grabs' people from various dimensions and deposits them here, as if we all are just pawns of some malevolent god. There's no known way to exit, either."
Noel responded.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: January 31, 2015, 06:38:57 AM »
"Perhaps you are right, Rider. It is by no means preferable to deny oneself of human sensation, but you see, I have already felt them in the past. To separate myself from this vessel would be no different from denying my penitence. Such a thing would drown my soul in shame, and besides...", Vanguard said, pausing for a moment before continuing.

"...The joys of the living belong to the living. As for I, my life has ended long ago. To turn back would be impossible for me at this point."

Eh? Did he not hear what I said? Or see my demonstration...?

She was somewhat confused at his response, and his failure to notice what she said or did.

And, what does he mean by penitence? What for?

Before she could reply, Sakura spoke up, chuckling to herself.

"You really are just like a servant, aren't you? Right down to the great warrior from the ancient past part. Next thing I know you'll be telling me you have a noble phantasm", she said.

Does he know what a servant is? It doesn't seem like it....

At the same time, she heard Sakura's voice in her head.

Rider, please don't hold it against Faust too much, he said it in a fit of anger, I'm sure he'll apologize later, it said.

It's fine. I just couldn't understand the idea of him not liking something you had cooked, so I assumed he had simply never tried it. He obviously just got frustrated, she sent in return.

Then, she addressed Vanguard.

"Curious. As Sakura said, you seem more like me and Caster than you would expect from first sight. We too are spiritual beings, no longer amongst the living. In fact, I myself died over 3000 years ago. I was summoned by Sakura to fight on her behalf, and require a supply of magical energy in order to remain in this world. My body is a mere simulation, I can materalise and de-materialise myself at will, as I demonstrated just now.

I am interested to hear more about you, and how you are like you are. Your story seems similar to mine, and yet also entirely different."
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 06:40:00 AM by Cherry Lover »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: January 31, 2015, 05:39:04 PM »
Interesting...

Vanguard was quite intrigued by Rider's comment. It seemed there were others like him, beings of the past who had found corporeal form in the world once again trough arcane means. Such a thing was simply fascinating to his eyes, perhaps there were other heroes of the past in this realm who knew of the days of old.

"But Rider... your body didn't dematerialize. It was there all along." He said, pointing to her seat. Even if she did materialize, there would have been no way for him to notice, for it was nigh impossible for him to tell the difference between spiritual and corporeal beings. The concept of dematerialization was a completely alien idea to Vanguard.

"I guess you could say we are similar beings, dead legends brought back and molded into form in order to heed to mortal wishes.", he responded, confirming that there indeed was a resemblance between him and servants.

"As for my tale...', he spoke solemnly, looking down at the table as if ashamed.

"My tale is an old story of one who stood to face despair, only to laugh in it's face. It's a tale of failure and accursedness, but also one of determination and courage."

And thus, Vanguard told of his story. He told of an ancient world forgotten by the sands of time, of a citadel that stood above the heavens.
He told of a man who had taken the duty to guard this very citadel and protect it from all harm, and he told of the gods who plunged that very city into destruction.
He told of the unending battle in order to save that city, he told of the man who faced the very gods in an hopeless struggle in order to fulfill his duty to his last breath.

"...All of this amounted to my ascension. Even as the world had ended, it seems the gods were somehow moved by my very struggle. Thus they kept me alive and sealed me in this decadent body, a body that is but a memento of my one failure. I was frozen in the great ices for millennia, awaiting a sign that would announce my return.

And then I was called upon this plane and era, you know the rest."

A deafening silence befell the room.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 05:39:51 PM by francobull3 »

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: January 31, 2015, 08:58:00 PM »
Faust

“I see, I can see how that would be rather annoying. Lets try to clear up this misunderstanding then. So, if you don’t mind me asking, how did you obtain your powers? Everything comes with a price, after all.”

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: January 31, 2015, 09:31:32 PM »
Mordred

"I-" She paused, reluctant to answer the question, but then continued: "I don't really want to talk about that. I don't think I'm ready to confess what happened to me to anyone. I can only tell you that I did not want to end up this way, but I don't reject that part of me. If I can put my powers to good use, then I guess it's not so bad..." Mordrd gave her answer in a solemn voice.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 09:32:22 PM by Kat »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: February 01, 2015, 04:45:54 AM »
Wiseman

The warlock raised a single eyebrow at the strange wings that Butler had acquired. They were certainly strange but at least they were wings. The possibilities if they were more like Wiseman's own could have been intriguing. Nevertheless he would settle for something like this.

"That is an interesting form. I haven't seen Wings of Heart as unique as yours in a long time. Unfortunately there are too many variables to make an assumption on why they have taken that shape, but at least we know that your soul has remained mostly unaltered."

Wiseman's gaze shifted towards one of the windows. "It does seem like the night is near over. I should sleep in case I'm needed in the morning and I'm sure you have more important things to do than entertaining my whims."

Ann

Death itself had shifted her clothing from her usual cloak to an exceptionally tight, black nurse's outfit. She walked over behind Sarse, wrapped her arms around him, and rested her chin on his left shoulder. "You are very bad at cleaning up messes, Little Angel. Would you like it if I took care of this one for you?"

A mocking tone was present in her voice but she was being honest. She was curious if he would ask for her help with this.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 04:46:53 AM by Umbra of Chaos »

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: February 01, 2015, 05:51:35 AM »
Sakura

"Thanks Rider." Sakura thought at Rider with a smile. She listened intently to Vanguard's riveting tale. She leaned forward slightly and slowed her eating when he spoke of his impossible struggle against everything; she slumped a bit when he failed; she smiled with a bittersweet expression at his 'reward.' After he finished speaking, there was a long pause where the only noise made was from the sound of eating. Afterwords, Sakura spoke up

"Vanguard, your tale is an epic for the ages, I hope the people of your world sung of it for generations. But, I have a question. Do you have any regrets? Anything at all, great or trivial? Did you lose anyone precious while you tried to protect them?"

Faust

"I see." Faust replied in a solemn voice. "I didn't intend to pry, I'm very sorry. Your name made me curious. I should've known better..." 
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 05:54:15 AM by Sakura »

MissingMandible

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: February 01, 2015, 06:01:07 AM »

No...No. No. No.

"There has to be a way back!" Mathew exclaimed while turning to face Noel, "I need to get back to the 833rd!"

The Tyranids arrived far too early, throwing the plan ut the window. The Tyranids know that there is food in that direction, and would go on to attempt to consume the whole sub-sector! He had to get back to his guys, help fight them back, save people!

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: February 01, 2015, 06:06:17 AM »
Noel

Noel didn't flinch at his outburst, her expression silently said that she'd seen this before many times. Once he'd finished, she softly responded.

"I'm sorry, but as I said, there's no known way out, period. Nobody even knows how things get in. It's unfortunate, but there's nothing to be done." Noel sighed. "I left behind very dear friends as well..." She said with a sniffle.

MissingMandible

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: February 01, 2015, 04:57:39 PM »

Hearing Noel sniffle, it clicked in Mathew's mind that he is not the only one affected in such a way: everyone here, in the Nexus, has been torn away from their family, friends, duties, and home. Didn't reconcile how he felt right now, not being able to see Harlech again or help the 833rd during their fight with the Buggers, but it did make him feel somewhat less screwed over.

"I'm sorry for the outburst," he apologized while rubbing the scar on his nose, "It's just that it's been a frantic last couple of weeks, and the fight against those Xenos is going to spill over to other planets. It just feels wrong not being with the 833rd right now."
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 06:03:43 PM by MissingMandible »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: February 01, 2015, 05:17:46 PM »
Faust

"I see." Faust replied in a solemn voice. "I didn't intend to pry, I'm very sorry. Your name made me curious. I should've known better..."

"I guess this name of mine attracts attention even if I'm not ready yet to explain how I got it" she sighed "Let's talk about something different. I have no knowledge of the occult, yet it seems I'm stuck on something that might need it.
I'm not asking you take me as an apprentice since I'm unable to learn Magic. Some theorethical knowledge could help me though. May I ask to borrow some books from you once I settle my business with Saber?"

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: February 01, 2015, 05:50:19 PM »
Noel

“Oh no, it’s quite alright.” Noel said, wiping her nose. “I know how much of a shock it is to learn the gravity of your situation. I think most people have some kind of reaction.” Noel tried to lighten the atmosphere, "But it's not all bad! You can meet lots of interesting people here, from all sorts of different worlds!"

Faust

Faust shook his head. “I don’t think I can lend you any books, I’d rather not take them out of the house. However, if you would be willing to read them in my house, you’re welcome to, as long as you take care with them. I would also be willing to discuss your problems with you, I might be able to shed some light on them.”
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 05:56:23 PM by Sakura »