Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - November 16, 2014—April 13, 2015  (Read 479215 times)

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread
« Reply #1920 on: March 11, 2015, 01:54:55 PM »
"You..." Ito growled, unamused by that woman's bravado. Faster than ever before, he vanished before reappearing right before mordred, a blade grazing her throat. It didn't look like he even unsheated it, it was simply... there, grasped in his hand and ready to cut. For a second, his furious eyes brimmed with madness, and he whispered so softly, one would barely hear what he'd say.

"Listen, the one reason your pretty head is still attached your body is because you are strong, your little display moved me enough to have you gain my respect. Keep this up, and I may change my mind..."

Suddenly, he blurred once more, not unlike smoke slipping away in a hair's breath. Now standing atop a lightpole, he glared at the woman like a thousand blades. Without any visible movement, his blade was sheated onc again. His scarf flowing under the wind like a sickening appendage, for the instant it covered Ito's face, it ended up revealing a much calmer visage.

Now smiling as if he was a good friend having a pleasant chat, he waved at the woman. "Well, hope your words are more than just bark. Anyhoooow, you still haven't given me your name. You know, N-A-M-E. You have one, don't you?"

Mordred

This was humiliating. That man was nothing more than a wanton thug full of lust for blood. Someone she did not want to become, yet she realized she could become if she strayed off the clear path. He pissed off her, everything about him. His mocking manners, behaving as if he was buddy. Yeah, I want to kill him too....

Something cracked in her. And bursted into laughter, as if her sanity slipped. "Name?! I will be honest, I don't really have a one! Everything from my past life was stripped of me by that man! I don't give a bloody damn though, whether I'm called Gwalchmei or Mordred. Who knows, maybe one day I will name myself after my spear? It's all borrowed identity after all! I'm sure of one thing though. You will regret your decision." she smirked in defiance at the man.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: March 11, 2015, 04:01:45 PM »
The first spike of pleasure, driven through him like blade, leaves behind a similarly hollow feeling before the feeling returned, slightly different this time. Had Adjutor been capable of coherent thought, he might have realized that Ann was directly feeding his mind pleasure again. Instead, he merely took it as incentive to keep cleaning up the mess as the bursts of pleasure grew more frequent, that familiar pressure building up again to almost painful amounts.

Then Ann stopped, pulling Adjutor away as he was just on the brink of another release as she reformed her cloak.

"Well," she says, her voice barely registering to the teen, "That was enjoyable, wasn't it?"

Part of him, a far larger part than he wanted to acknowledge, wanted to pay her back in kind for this. Wanted to drag her down and have his way with her, consent or the fact that she'd just reclothed herself be damned-

Then the rest of Adjutor slammed down on that train of thought, a sudden chill slicing through the haze of lust like a blade through silk. It did nothing for the fact that he was still very much on the brink, did nothing to ease the almost painful throbbing that seemed to echo through his entire being, did nothing to claim the frustration tearing at him like starving wolves, but it let him consider the simple fact that, lust-addled or not, he'd just considered...

Okay, that's enough.

Seriously?! The urge passed, and she's still practically asking for it!

All the more reason to contain ourselves. The fact remains that what we just considered...

Adjutor took a few calming breaths in an attempt to collect himself, ignoring the musk hanging in the air, the nigh-painful throbbing, the heart beating faster than it had during all but the most heated of battles, all of it.

"...Yes," Adjutor admits once he trusts himself to speak, "That was enjoyable. More than a little confusing, as I really haven't done anything like this before, but enjoyable."
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 10:48:35 PM by I_care_not_till_I_must »
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: March 11, 2015, 05:19:56 PM »
Ito grimaced at the woman's insane reaction, feeling a bit ticked off at being subjected to such a thing. Still, he didn't mind her attitude, far from it.
"Hah, I look forward to it. Still... you not habing a name is troublesome indeed."

"I will call you... Jet Armstrong Enrique Annie Deluxe! Has a nice ring to it don't you think?" Ito chuckled.

"Still, I rather not have you feel bad about whatever happened between us, so how about I buy ya lunch?"
With that said, Ito waved Mordred a familiar looking wallet. Her wallet.

"I heard there's a reeeeeally good Italian place somewhere around here."

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: March 11, 2015, 06:14:52 PM »
????

In the eastern-styled district of Nexus City, one particular building stood out among the japanese manors, the chinatown suburbs, and the modern skyscrapers; casting its great shadow high in the sky, at a height worthy of a megacorporation. It was a tower of metal and glass that rose up to a castle of stone and tile and magic, an ancient chinese building nested on top of a modern construction. Great reptiles that flew and spit fire guarded this very top, occasionally circling it like birds of prey. There was no one in this part of town who did not fear the shade projected by the fortress, ignorant as they may have been of its new master.

And now, deep in the chambers of the Sky Palace, that very master stirred. Demonic red eyes opened lazily, shining among the darkness that covered the throne of the oppulent, formal hall. A massive scaled body rumbled and adjusted itself. A clawed hand distractedly clacked its fingers one by one against the metal of the throne and then produced a sharp snap.

From the right of the throne, three dark vults emerged from the shadows and bowed towards the throne.

"Call my servants," a deep voice ordered, scratching like coming through a ragged throat. The three ninjas bowed their head and disappeared. The large, enlongated, draconic head that had produced the sound was laid in the palm of the being's hand, and then halted all motion. Waiting.

"Grrmlrm."

"Hrrmph."

Two men grumbled at each other, bumping shoulders as the tall doors of the throne room of the Sky Palace swung open. Stealing a glance at each other, they took hesitant steps inside. Their steps made almost no sound on the great carpet that led to the center of the room, passing the rows of braziers that lit themselves as they walked forward with strong flame, of stronger and more encompassing light than should've been allowed. Slowly, they came to a stop in front of the throne, lowered their heads, and kneeled.

"Gunhao," the master called from the shadow, and the man on the right supressed a shudder. He looked up to the shadowed draconic form of his leader, with his round face with a strong jaw and shoulder length black haired tied back in a ponytail. He flexed his wide shoulders, and his garish suit much too small for his build complained.

"Yamanashi," the master called next, and the man on the left jumped to attention. He too looked up. His lean face, with a short mustache and hair gelled back, did nothing to hide the elaborate tattoo that spread on his neck up from his back. One of his hands jumped to his collar to adjust his tie, but he remembered he did not often use it, so contended himself to straighten his suit jacket.

The master leaned slightly forward, and addressed them both. "I have a job for you two."

In response, they both nodded tensely. Then, with a huge step, the one speaking rose from his throne. The shadows drew away to reveal the full, imposing form of the master. A wide muscular upper body, with clawed hands and feet; a horned head with fins, like a mix between a dragon of the east and the west; dark yellow scales covered every inch of its body, and a simple purple half-robe hung around its waist. The demon sorcerer of fire, Shendu, stood tall and intimidating, and continued to speak.

"I have felt a great source of dark power enter this city, wandering absently. It is contained in a vessel held by someone. You will find it, and bring it to me."

Shendu's order declared, Yamanashi smacked his own chest with a closed hand and responded with overly hearty enthusiasm. "Leave it to me, boss! This Yamanashi and his gang will find that thing in no time."

"Psh," Gunhao scoffed to the side in reaction to the japanese's words. "Yamanashi? More like Bakanashi. Running around like a headless chicken won't help. I'll take care of it."

Yamashi turned to the chinese with a twitchy glare at that.

"Did you just call me stupid?!"

"What, are you deaf too?"

"Bastard, I'll put the 'gun' in Gunhao by sending you to the hospital with one!

"Try me! Even your comebacks are second-rate, you shitty yak!"

"Oh I will, you stinking chinaman!"

Both had risen as the argument escalated, and continued to increase the volume of the sudden discussion while drawing their antagonistic expressions closer. Shendu sat back down on his throne, and covered his face with one hand, groaning quietly into it. "Now matter what world, I am surrounded by incompetents."

In extreme contrast with his own rasp, strong tone, a sharp, feminine voice reached Shendu's ears. "Sounds like you're having a tough time, boss-man."

Shendu turned his head to the sound of bubblegum popping. There, leaning against one of the support pillars of the room, was a tall and curvy woman in informal wear, biker leathers and boots, cherry red hair done up in a ponytail. A tiny smile was on her face as she looked at Shendu and sucked the gum back inside her mouth.

"Finnigan. If you only chimed in to sell humor, I'm sorry but all my savings are going towards unholy patience right now," the demon said.

Rachel Finnigan the freelancer couldn't help but let out a little chuckle at her patron's choice of words.

"Far it be from me to try and cheat you out of your hard earned money for a brief respite," she said, walking closer to Shendu. She looked to the bickering yakuza and triad executive in front of them. "But you could probably do with someone more subtle than those two for this occasion."

A puff of smoke exited Shendu's nose as he observed his bickering minions before turning back to Rachel. "What do you have in mind?"

Rachel smiled. "Give me control of the shadowkhan. I'll get it here quickly and quietly, or failing that, find all the information you could want."

Shendu took a moment just to look her in the eyes. To her credit, she did not flinch. A second later, a row of the demon sorcerer's ninja oni troops appeared behind her and bowed.

Rachel shot a glance behind her to confirm the presence of the shadowkhan and returned her attention to her contractee. His hand went down to her level, and with a swirl of green fire, opened to reveal an ornate compass on a golden chain. Blinking, she carefully took the item.

"You should be able to sense it yourself once you are close enough, but this will give you the direction where to look," he declared.

The mercenary nodded and placed it into her jacket. Puffing out a new bubble with gum, she turned around and started to walk back from where she came, waving away. "I'll give you a call later. Good luck with the situation here."

The popping of bubblegum marked her departure with the shadowkhan, as Shendu once more had nowhere to focus his attention on but his two other servants.

"You can't even control your men! I heard they got a pachinko saloon wrecked because one of them was dumb enough to provoke a werewolf!"

"And your subordinates let an entire shipment of drugs go up in smoke because of a stoned moron they weren't paying attention to! Can't exactly talk, can you!"

"You drunkard, give me an excuse to teach you about waterboading. Just one!"

"Better to like saké than to have my brain so addled by opium I can't tell when a suit looks awful."

"What about my taste in suits?!"

Two yellow beams blasted the floor right in front of them before the argument could go further. The relatively small explosion sent the two flying in surprise out of the great doors they had entered through. They landed in a mess of limbs, smacking against the ground with uncomfortable groans. And accompanied by a distinct growl, the entrance to Shendu's throne room closed with a heavy thump.

Yamanashi and Gunhao looked back at each other. Yamanashi spoke first.

"I think that could've gone worse."

"If you hadn't opened your mouth to begin with..."

"You little shit, I'll kill you."
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 01:12:58 AM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: March 11, 2015, 08:58:00 PM »
The next few minutes passed in silence, Michael leaning against one side of the alleyway and Natara leaning against the other, the Chalice kept in a firm grip.

...So, I'm a killer again. Ah well, might as well get back in the mood.

Michael takes a moment to try to forget about his frustration at the current situation, only to fail.

...Wow, it really has been a while since the last time I had to do this.

The second attempt proves successful, a momentary chill passing through the immortal as he lets his attention wander a bit, taking in the alleyway and accounting for possible escape routes, possible weapons, hiding places-

"Hang on," Michael starts, shattering his own reverie, "Do you have to be holding onto the chalice at all times? Just as an example, could we perhaps leave the Chalice somewhere and set up traps around it? I mean, we'd need to make sure at least one of us is keeping an eye on it, and it wouldn't be good for the chalice to be out of your hands for too long, but just an easy to set up ambush?"

The immortal takes a moment to consider this, then shakes his head as before continuing.

"Barring that, if someone comes after the chalice, they're not going to give a damn about who's holding it, only that they're coming straight after the holder. That won't be a problem most of the time, but on the occasions that it is, could you perhaps hand the chalice off to me instead so you can get away? I mean, the fact remains that you're just as important to keeping that thing locked up as the chalice itself, so it would be best to only risk not having the cup for a while, in which case there is a chance you can get it back before it breaks, as opposed to you dying and causing the same problem as losing the chalice, only far less fixable."
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 08:59:09 PM by I_care_not_till_I_must »

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: March 11, 2015, 09:45:08 PM »
Ito grimaced at the woman's insane reaction, feeling a bit ticked off at being subjected to such a thing. Still, he didn't mind her attitude, far from it.
"Hah, I look forward to it. Still... you not having a name is troublesome indeed."

"I will call you... Jet Armstrong Enrique Annie Deluxe! Has a nice ring to it don't you think?" Ito chuckled.

"Still, I rather not have you feel bad about whatever happened between us, so how about I buy ya lunch?"
With that said, Ito waved Mordred a familiar looking wallet. Her wallet.

"I heard there's a reeeeeally good Italian place somewhere around here."

Mordred

"Get lost, you scum." she glared at the man with nothing more than undiluted hatred. The only thing preventing her from lashing out was that she could barely move from the blood loss. "I have no business hanging around with an enemy, and I wait for someone more important. So disappear from my eyes" Mordred did not even care about the stolen wallet, she just wanted to stop him pushing her buttons further.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: March 11, 2015, 09:53:05 PM »
Ito chuckled at the woman's visible frustration. This was turning more fun by the second, the ninja wagered it would be acceptable to enjoy himself a bit more. With a quick wave of his hand, the wallet vanished from sight. As his eyes narrowed to gaze further at the nameless woman, he spoke cheerfully.

"Oh? Would this somehow important person be someone called... wait... was it Sword? No, Blade... um..."
Ito scratched his head in wonder, pondering on the name he was so desesperatedly trying to remember.

"Well, I'd wager that person ought to be pretty important, if you're so anxious to meet her, maaaaaaybe this enemy could lend a hand." He sneered with a smile, his grin growing under his pitch black scarf.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 09:55:16 PM by francobull3 »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: March 11, 2015, 10:02:41 PM »
Ito chuckled at the woman's visible frustration. This was turning more fun by the second, the ninja wagered it would be acceptable to enjoy himself a bit more. With a quick wave of his hand, the wallet vanished from sight. As his eyes narrowed to gaze further at the nameless woman, he spoke cheerfully.

"Oh? Would this somehow important person be someone called... wait... was it Sword? No, Blade... um..."
Ito scratched his head in wonder, pondering on the name he was so desesperatedly trying to remember.

"Well, I'd wager that person ought to be pretty important, if you're so anxious to meet her, maaaaaaybe this enemy could lend a hand." He sneered with a smile, his grin growing under his pitch black scarf.

Mordred

"Fuck off!" She had nothing else to say to that obnoxious human. And she would rather die than have him help her find Saber.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: March 11, 2015, 10:31:37 PM »
"Aw, I've been dumped. How sad, how tragic! My broken heart will never heal." Cried Ito, his voice feigning an over the top sadness and grief. Well, he guessed enough was enough, she was getting a bit too angry to be of any fun. Still, he was glad she got him to get that nasty itch out of his system.

Ito had to admit, she was pretty good, he looked forward to an eventual clash against her.

"Well, if you're ever interested in a date, I'll be there tomorrow in the park. You know, the one with the trees and the fancy slides. If you want any ice cream, there's a vendor in the corner, so make sure to get the strawberry sorbet for me would you kindly?" Ito grinned, challenging the woman with a jolly snap of his fingers.

"Also, keep your pockets safe next time. You never know if a wanker could steal something and you wouldn't even notice!"

With that, the ninja grinned before vanishing once more, going to wherabouts unknown.

(Ooc:Mordy still has her moneys, how nice of Ito.)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 10:32:56 PM by francobull3 »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: March 12, 2015, 01:32:04 AM »
Natara

The Caretaker looked violently ill at the thought of letting go of The Chalice or letting someone else hold it. "I won't leave it alone, and you aren't qualified to carry it. You don't understand the prisoner. Half a minute touching it is entirely different from holding it, and I doubt that you can keep it from spilling. If I'm in danger I will defend myself. The prisoner will remain bound as long as I live, and I intend to survive."

Internally Natara seethed a bit. She could never have imagined someone having the gall to propose doing what she had been trained to do her entire life as if it was so simple. The Chalice was no mere cup, no mere prison. It was so much more dangerous than any beast or spirit and treating it as if keeping it out of the hands of its warden was an option was laughable at best.

Ann

A lithe hand stretched out and Ann condescendingly patted the teen on the head. "So, are we going back now? You do seem to be the heroic type and there was that lovely blonde who was rather hopelessly outclassed. Of course, there is the issue of your lack of clothing but I'm sure you're up to the task."
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 01:45:02 AM by Umbra of Chaos »

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: March 12, 2015, 02:09:44 AM »
It was fairly obvious that the suggestions were mistakes from the change in her expression, but the elaboration was appreciated by the immortal, who took it in with a nod.

"Fair enough," Michael says, "I suppose we'll just have to wait, then."

Minutes pass without anything happening as Michael shifts about every now and again to keep at least somewhat loose. Finally, boredom overtakes the immortal and he decides that he might as well get to know the girl he just agreed to help.

"So," he says, "Why you? I mean, if you're relying on whatever is in that chalice to defend yourself, then I'd guess that you don't have much in the way of your own fighting abilities. So, you're not a strong mage, it's fairly obvious you're not a fighter, and that Chalice kinda trumps trying to be stealthy. So, why were you chosen to keep that thing sealed away?"

The woman seems to take the teen's words in stride, briefly patting him on the head before reminding him of the predicament that had been developing when Ann had...well...interrupted him.

A quick look over at the nearby shadows, however, revealed a different tale.

Given where they are, and the distinct lack of a non-moving shadow that wasn't there before, I'd say that one of them turned tail and ran. Even if the fight didn't draw the police out, the ninja didn't have magic and fae is waiting for someone, so she has no reason to do something that would require her to leave, which disposing of a body most likely would. The ninja is fast, had no reason to stick around, and is skilled at evasion.

"There's only one moving shadow in that area now," Adjutor says, getting up to his feet, "The ninja ran, the girl is still there."

...Um, Adjutor, you still don't have clothes.

Not a problem.

"If you'll excuse me," Adjutor says, stepping away for a moment, "Armos."

The mana that would have gone into the shield is instead flooded into the Armogarians, the metal flooding out of them to cover the entirety of his body before solidifying into the indestructible armor. Contact with Ann isn't necessary, as Tyrfing catapults both of them out of the shadow, quickly reforming into a shortsword in Adjutor's hand immediately afterwards. With a thought, Rahab appears in Adjutor's other hand as he considers approaching the clearly wounded fae. The anger clear on her face is somewhat concerning, but...

Realizing that a healing might be necessary, Adjutor takes a moment to check his mana stocks to find that they're too low to do more than close a few deep cuts. Cursing under his breath, he takes a moment to tighten his grip on Tyrfing, the vein-like designs along the blade pulsing five times as five souls were broken down into mana and fed directly into the teen's reserve, bringing him up to half-full.

Twenty-five left.

The city is full of Monsters, we'll get more later.

The teen takes a moment to examine what's visible to him right now, then realizes that, covered in full body armor with two swords in his hands wasn't exactly congruous with what one would expect of a healer.

"...well, this is a mess," Adjutor says with a sigh, voice echoing within the armor.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 11:11:40 PM by I_care_not_till_I_must »

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: March 12, 2015, 12:41:49 PM »
Ann

Death gave one of the blades that Adjutor held a cursory look. Such a tiny repository of soul. It was almost cute. But asking about that could wait. She took a good look at the blonde on the ground and the space between her and the teen. then she just needed to take the armor into account and aimed a kick at Adjutor's armored back with just enough force to send him flying at the wounded girl.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: March 12, 2015, 04:19:45 PM »
...So...I suppose we should see if she'd be fine with us healing her...

I mean, we're in the Armor, if all else fails, we should be fine...

Any further contemplation on the matter is cut off when something, likely Ann, strikes Adjutor from behind with enough force to send him flying straight at said wounded fae.

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: March 12, 2015, 11:36:13 PM »
Natara

The white haired woman shifted her gaze from the tranquil goblet to the man. "Willpower and compatibility. I was the only one in my class left alive and sane after the testing and by now I'm the only one who can hold it. The minds of adults are too rigid. They aren't flexible enough to handle the strain, and the children here have not undergone any training or been taught any of the lessons. They would shatter just like the others, so it is up to me to watch over The Chalice."

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: March 12, 2015, 11:56:49 PM »
Michael raises an inquisitive eyebrow at the explanation, mind working to piece the information together.

Wait, she can communicate with the being in there, unless she was talking to herself earlier. Even then, she can definitely understand what it says. The testing left the other candidates either dead or insane. She was worried about something spilling out of the chalice...worried about-

"What is that being, anyway?" the immortal asks after a short pause, "Too powerful to be destroyed, too dangerous to be locked away in some forgotten corner of reality by itself, requiring both an extremely powerful container and a living person to seal it, apparently capable of keeping you safe with only the smallest fractions of its power...As for the final test...it sounds like they introduced some part of that being into you, perhaps a few drops of whatever it is that you don't want spilling out of that cup?"
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 12:34:44 AM by I_care_not_till_I_must »

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh