Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - November 16, 2014—April 13, 2015  (Read 480213 times)

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread
« Reply #2205 on: March 31, 2015, 10:22:20 PM »
Vanguards body began growing back.  Roxas couldn't believe it.  Then the warrior backed up leaving 4 feet between the two.

"Very well, whenever you are ready." he said.

Roxas summoned oblivion.  He was out of magic after using Curaga, aside from using various light attacks.  However, those are powerful, he didn't want to use them until he got a sense of how powerful Vanguard was.

Roxas used his quickdash skill to quickly close the distance between the two, dashing forward at a speed that made his body appear blurry.  He used his momentum and attempted to use both of his keyblades to slash vertically, pushing back his opponent or even knocking him back.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: March 31, 2015, 10:29:22 PM »
Irisviel

"Oh, I see, well that's not really a secret anymore, her name is Arturia." Irisviel responded in a somewhat sullen manner. "I'm sorry, but I can't leave this man in the street much longer, do you have a phone number, maybe I could answer your questions in more depth later." She said with a hint of urgency. She didn't want the police to arrive.

Wait a moment? Arthuria? Named after that Arthur? What a cruel joke the fate was playing here. Whether Red King screwed over her life because of a pure whim, or because she bore resemblance to that girl, she was not sure anymore. Deep in her heart, she felt even a bit of sympathy for her. After all, her fate could have been also manipulated by forces beyond human understanding. She remembered how her "liege" ranted occassionally about "watery tart" who forged the sword which stained that ruler's kingship with a curse and ended it before he could challenge him once more. Was Arthuria also a puppet in the hands of Old Gods?

"Sorry, but I don't think it's a good idea for me to meet your friend. It would just too awkward for someone who took the name of her killer to replace the one she lost. I don't bear her any ill will, but such meeting can only end in sorrow. Especially if it's Kingmaker that she is wielding as a sword." she said with downcast eyes. "I can still call you if I learn anything about her by chance, though. I haven't introduced myself properly though. I'm Mordred, this is a name I took until I recover my lost one. I'm also named after another knight, but that name I would rather not use even if it fits me in some way better as a knight of the summer and sun. I will defy the one who gave that other name even if I cannot fully escape my destiny. What's your name then, the lady who reminds me of winter?"
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 10:43:51 PM by Kat »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: March 31, 2015, 10:52:23 PM »
That boy was indeed strong, and skilled. Not unlike him, he had certainly lived trough many battles, but even so the gap between their experience was akin the gap between heaven and earth.

Discerning the boy despite the blurring dash, he could tell he was going for the offensive, two slashes attempting to reach him. Yes, that was fast, far too fast for him to avoid such an attack completely. But even so, if this was the pinnacle of the boy's speed, this vessel could match him.

So he lowered his stance and responded to the attack, his hands mowing trough the wind and rippling trough before grabbing the two blades that went for him, stopping the attack. Twisting the two blades to make his opponent lose cadence and momentum, he quickly pushed the blades back and grabbed Roxas's collar, attempting to flip and slam him on the ground.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: March 31, 2015, 11:06:19 PM »
As Roxas delivered his slash, he was stopped by Vanguards arms.  Vanguard twisted the blades, in a way disarming them.  Then, he grabbed Roxas's collier and slammed him into the ground.  The blow was very powerful, Roxas even blacked out for a brief second.  However, he knew that if he stood still Vangaurd would finish him off. 

Roxas quickly recovered and dodge rolled under Vanguards legs.  Then he attempted to slash Vanguards back with a volley of keyblade strikes.  If he was successful in the attack he would create distance by jumping off his back, into the air.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 11:08:29 PM by yinsukin »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: March 31, 2015, 11:18:58 PM »
The boy's sheer skill kept on impressing the warrior futrher. This fight was fun, he could clearly acknowledge Roxas's power, and in a way this display moved him. Even Surien did not come close to such an elegant grace, exquisite strikes carrying the soul of a refined warrior.

Swiftly turning around, he met the volley of strikes with his othwn, sparks of metal filling the air near instantly as the air around the two rippled away. Slight chips formed on his forearms, caused by the parried blows. Yes, the boy was strong.

Because of that, he would show him just how far his strength could bring him.

Parrying more blurring blows,  Vanguard stepped back before bringing his arm back, only to swipe it forward in a terrifying motion, one so mighty it tore the very earth and wind apart like a whirlwind. But this was but a feint, his arm did not aim for the boy's neck, but for the ground. Slamming on it with tremendous strength, enough to make it shake, he used his might and weight as support to create momentum in order to send a powerful kick to the boy.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: April 01, 2015, 12:06:17 AM »
As Roxas began slashing, Vanguard turned around parrying his blows.  This stopped his plan to bounce off of him and create distance.  Still he had to get some distance somehow or this fight will be over quickly.  Because of the weird physics that come with his attacks, Roxas was still in the air during this flurry of attacks.  Just as Roxas ended his assault, Vanguard stepped back, getting ready to give a strong punch.  Thinking that Vanguard was going to strike him directly with his fists, Roxas began gliding forward hoping to move to the right of the trajectory of his punch. 

As Vanguard leaned forward  a small shockwave struck Roxas.  However, he was already passing the warrior and was moving fast enough that it didn't effect him enough to hurt him.  Vanguard kept going and struck the ground beneath him rather that punch forward like Roxas thought. Still it didn't matter Roxas was already far behind Vanguard.  He landed on a safe spot in the grass about 3 yards away and turned around, getting ready for the next attack.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 12:31:14 AM by yinsukin »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: April 01, 2015, 12:21:49 AM »
Roxas's nimble movements had saved him from a devastating blow, an impressive feat by all means. The boy was about two meters behind the warrior, having avoided his kick. Still, Vanguard did not cease his assault, using his leg to strike the ground with a tremendous force. The earth shook and cracks formed all over the ground as the colossal metal knight leapt off the ground.

Now in the air, his body spun towards. There was no mistake: Vanguard was to send a terrifying spin kick to the boy. And yet, his body shot further and avoided the boy, landing aside him like a tremendous meteor. What came for the boy was a pummelling elbow strike. But that was wrong as well, this was but another feint.

Using his momentum, Vanguard bashed the ground with his elbow and spun around not unlike a dancer, his legs whirling like a murderous typhoon around in order to vanquish the opponent.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: April 01, 2015, 12:52:46 AM »
As Roxas landed, he saw Vanguard crash right next to him.  Without warning, an elbow flew right towards him.  He dodgerolled to the left, dodging the elbow smash which apparently was another faint.  Vanguard began kicking in a variety of directions.  In order to combat his monstrous strength, Roxas used the power of light to enhance his keyblades.  They both became covered in light enhancing their strength and his reflexes.  However, all he could do was parry his kicks.

He could not stay on the defensive like this, he had to do something to break through Vanguards attack. He couldn't keep this up much longer either.

"UGH!!", shouted Roxas calling on his inner strength.

With that, a strike of light engulfed Roxas and caused a large shockwave and large pillers of light began striking the area around them.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 12:54:31 AM by yinsukin »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: April 01, 2015, 01:27:15 AM »
Vanguard's instincts kicked in as soon as Roxas cried, giving him barely the time to regain footing. Suddenly, numerous all consuming pillars of light erupted from the earth. Too fast to be avoided and of a range too great to be blocked with a barrier.

An attack of this magnitude could harm even his own body. But even so, he did not falter. Instead, he stood his ground even as his body was ravaged by the light and closed in for an attack, covering his face with one hand in order to protect his core.

Lightning's pummeling

And without any warning, without any mercy, a fist of metal shot like a bullet trough the air, a hand brimming with energy so obscene it caused ripples in the air itself. The blow burst with a thunderous boom, the earth shattering under it's might without discrimination.

Needless to say, Roxas was immediately pummeled by the fist and sent flying a dozen of meters away, the surge of lightning bursting from the point of impact like a crashing explosion.

The warrior stood amidst a devastated area, the lightning itself having tore the air and ground around him apart, causing numerous scars to be inflicted upon the earth. Lightning seeped from his arms and back, almost as if thunder itself was cloaking him. Even his core surged with lightning.

“Impressive, to force me to use my lightning’s pummeling and corner me in such a way. Even this body could not withstand your blow completely. You are certainly skilled, Roxas.” The warrior spoke, a calm warm voice praising his opponent from the bottom of the juggernaut’s heart.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: April 01, 2015, 01:47:26 AM »
Roxas did't remember much after he put all his energy into that final attack.  He defiantly saw explosions and Vanguards arms charged with lightning.  Of course, after that he was sent flying. Roxas landed about 10 yards away from Vanguard.  He could feel his MP coming back.  Although, that would have been more convenient before. He looked at Vanguard, who appeared to have lighting cloaking his body.  It looked like it was cracked so it wasn't a total loss.

“Impressive, to force me to use my lightning’s pummeling and corner me in such a way. Even this body could not withstand your blow completely. You are certainly skilled, Roxas.”

Roxas smiled proud that he was able to challenge the warrior.  Thinking about it, he challenged Sora to a fight like this too and was defeated.  He walked over to Vanguard.  Roxas laughed and said "Yeah, I guess I have a habit of getting to know people though little matches like this.  Here, let me heal you."

With that, he cast Curaga once again healing both of their injures.  After the spell was finished being cast he smiled at the man once again and said, "do you like seasalt icecream?"

« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 01:50:45 AM by yinsukin »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: April 01, 2015, 01:57:52 AM »
Vanguard

Vanguard gave a short laugh at Roxas's statement. He was pure hearted, to be frank he had already taken a liking to the boy.

« Sea salt ice cream? Strange, Ice cream is a sweet, why would you put salt on it? » Asked Vanguard, his cloak of lightning dissipating as both their wounds healed.

“You certainly have odd tastes, Roxas. Is it custom to eat chocolate venison as well?” He added teasingly before approaching the boy, his helmet tilting to indicate a puzzled look.

“Besides, I cannot eat. Haven’t you noticed my body was hollow as we exchanged blows?”

And with that, he took hold of his helmet and unscrewed it to reveal a hollow body.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: April 01, 2015, 02:22:20 AM »
« Sea salt ice cream? Strange, Ice cream is a sweet, why would you put salt on it? » Asked Vanguard, his cloak of lightning dissipating as both their wounds healed.

“You certainly have odd tastes, Roxas. Is it custom to eat chocolate venison as well?” He added teasingly before approaching the boy, his helmet tilting to indicate a puzzled look.

Roxas chuckled a bit amused by that comment.  "Yeah I guess I never thought about that."

Vanguard continued speaking.  “Besides, I cannot eat. Haven’t you noticed my body was hollow as we exchanged blows?”

Roxas thought for another second, shocked and feeling a bit guilty.  "Yeah I did notice a bit but i didn't think it was empty."

Roxas was very much inspired by their battle.  Vanguard was strong and clearly had a noble heart.  He always looked up to Axel as a kind of older brother, particularly in his early days of the organization but he could see that Vanguard was light years ahead in terms of experience.  He decided that he wanted to pursue something noble, protecting others within this city.  With complete confidence and a new sense of direction he said, "I think ive made up my mind.  I think I want to be a body guard or a member of the police in this city or something like that.  I will help other people and hopefully learn more about this city in the process.  Thank you Vanguard, you have helped me a lot."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: April 01, 2015, 02:37:16 AM »
" Do not apologize, there is no need to do so. This is but a necessary burden, I have long since become accustomed to living in such a vessel. While human sensation is desirable, it is not something I require. Besides, this is my repentance.” said Vanguard

Yes, that boy had a kind heart, as innocent as a child’s. A rare quality among men, and a valuable one as well. But at the same time, Vanguard felt saddened by his declaration. He liked that boy, but he knew if he was to pursue his goal, they would have to cross blades once again. Not as competing warriors, but as enemies trying to kill each other.

“I hope you manage to make of  your wish reality, Roxas.  You certainly have the power to protect those you hold dear. Even so, you are still young, and your skill is yet to be refined. Tell me, would it displease you to learn more about the craft of battle some time? Certainly you have room to learn and improve, and I can assure you that you will become much stronger in due time.”

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: April 01, 2015, 02:47:43 AM »
"Yeah, I would love to learn more fighting.  Clearly I need the practice.  How can I get in contact with you?" Roxas said. still brimming with confidence and direction.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: April 01, 2015, 03:01:59 AM »
"Well, to contact me, you would need to know the wherabouts of my master. If possible I'd need to contact first."

The warrior pondered on what to do for a moment. He knew not where his own master was, but he needed to report to her about this before acting upon anything. After all, he was supposed to be her protector, so it would be unwise to act against her wishes. Then, he looked down to his own shadow and grunted.

"Mph. If you are going to stay hidden and watch, could you make yourself of use and contact Caster, demon?" said Vanguard, crouching and laying his hand upon his shadow, his metal fingers digging into the earth and scratching the shaded surface.