Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - November 16, 2014—April 13, 2015  (Read 479180 times)

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread
« Reply #2250 on: April 03, 2015, 03:58:09 PM »
Demon

The demon watched the electricity crackle around Vanguard in its deadly dance as he summoned his great poleaxe, waiting for him to make his move and leave himself open. Just a moment before he threw the lance of certain destruction the shadow disappeared, leaving the axe to destroy the empty stands it had hidden itself in less than a second before. It returned to the material world inside the great suit of armor and began gleefully tearing at the glowing orb held within.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: April 03, 2015, 06:41:46 PM »
Irisviel

"Yes, Shirou was adopted by Kiritsugu so, yes, you would be my mother-in-law. He died when I was still a child, though, before I met Shirou," Sakura told Irisviel with a reminiscent smile.

Irisviel's cheerful mask fell away when Sakura informed her that Kiritsugu had died in her world. She was greatly perturbed by the alternate reality Sakura was describing to her. She decided to ask this Shirow about him when they found him.

Irisviel's mood change seemed to have been mimicked by Sakura, who had started to frown and look at the ground. Without looking up, Sakura asked Irisviel a seemingly random question saturated with worry.

"Irisviel, did you ever meet Matou Zouken? Or any of his family?"

The mention of the name Zouken brought fourth a jumble of memories; memories of ages past. She was very clearly shaken by the experience as she responded to Sakura.

"Ah-I-I've heard of him, but I've never met him myself-uh, why do you ask?"

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: April 03, 2015, 06:50:27 PM »
Vanguard

As the demon ravaged the warrior's core, the behemoth kneeled and stood silent, a lowly animalisting grunt escaping him as his soul began to be defiled by the demon. His rage was incomparable to anything he felt thus far, even what Surien subjected him too was but a calm lake compared to the inferno boiling within. The maddening grinding of gears, a rusty metallical growl could be heard from the depths of Vanguard's being. Then, without warning, he laid his hand upon his face and clutched it.

"F̤̌̈̃ͨ̃̎͑͞o̅̍͆̐̈̾̕ö́͌̽̍̈́̚҉͓͚̤̬̘͚ͅl̘͇͓̾͋̂ͩ͢", muttered vanguard in a voice unheard of, of a tongue unknown to man. As soon as he spoke, the air itself froze in a deathly manner, as if to choke all in it's vicinity. Without warning, the warrior's whole body erupted in a shrilling sound, lightning seeping from every inch of his body and bursting from within.

That demon had the audacity to think himself worthy to topple him, and he would pay a price worse than death. Trapped in the prison that was his vessel, he would not escape, the lightning seeping from all over his body trapping the foul demon as it shattered all presence with thunderous might. Yes, the demon would be harmed by the magical energy that burned and creaked madly, and even if he was to escape, Vanguard would pummel him down as soon as he saw the beast.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: April 03, 2015, 07:03:06 PM »
Roxas

Roxas was not sure what was going on, but something was happening within Vanguards presumably hallow body.  His body was radiating with what he assumed was magic.  His helmet flashed and he heard some kind of noise that sounded like a bug getting zapped.  Clearly Vanguard was upset.  Was it the person that was following them?  Was he attacked?  Was Vanguard dying?!

"Vanguard, are you ok?" Roxas said, clearly concerned. 
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 07:03:47 PM by yinsukin »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: April 03, 2015, 07:29:05 PM »
Vanguard

"...yes." Vanguard uttered, grunting to keep himself from crumbling. The abomination was dead, it would never know of the joys of existance ever again. But the whelp had ravaged his core, and Vanguard's soul had been sullied. Healing would not suffice, the behemoth would have to plunder aether if he was to keep his self from crumbling.

He would not forget of this, such a crime could not be forgiven. He would not seek Caster, there was no need. After all, they were both linked together by Sakura. As soon as he would see the fiend, he would make him suffer for this offence. But for now, the knight had other priorities.

"Let's go, Roxas. It seems someone ought be taught of self preservation. No matter, this will be settled eventually. For now, I need to rest."

"We should seek a clearing, a forest is most suited for this purpose. Does it convene you?" asked Vanguard.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 07:30:33 PM by francobull3 »

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: April 03, 2015, 07:39:04 PM »
The lighting stopped and Vanguard seemed to return to his normal self.  However, if Roxas didn't know any better, he would say that it looked like Vanguard was having trouble standing up.  Either way, the crisis has passed.

"Let's go, Roxas. It seems someone ought be taught of self preservation. No matter, this matter will be settled eventually. For now, I need to rest."

He needed to rest?  Roxas didn't know much about how Vanguards armor works so he just went with the whole thing.  After all, he wanted to make sure he stayed with Vanguard long enough to figure out how to contact him.

"We should seek a clearing, a forest is most suited for this purpose. Does it convene you?" asked Vanguard.

"No, of course not.  I don't know my way around here too well.  So if you don't mind, lead the way." responded Roxas.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: April 03, 2015, 08:05:23 PM »
Vanguard

Vanguard silently nodded before walking forth, dragging Roxas along. He could sense where the aether in the city was most intense, where it would be most suitable to seek the aether he needed. For the whole walk, the knight stood silent as if a corpse. Not a grunt or a sound came from his hollow body, and he simply marched forward.

Finally, after minutes of constant walking, the two finally found themselves in the deep parts of a forest, thick vegetation surrounding the knight.

Perfect.

"Stand aside." said Vanguard. Surrounded by trees and bushes, the knight held his arm forward and his body began to glow of a golden colour, light seeping from the armour and crawling up the forest. Near instantly, the air became very dry and it was getting harder and harder to breathe. Small animals caught on and began to panic, but it seemed like some sort of external force compelled them to stand still as they were enveloped by the golden haze.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 08:12:31 PM by francobull3 »

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: April 03, 2015, 08:23:42 PM »
Roxas followed Vanguard as they walked for a few minutes in total silence.  They left the abandoned football field and walked into a nearby forest.  They went deeper and deeper into the forest.  Eventually, Vanguard spoke.

"Stand aside." he said.

Roxas wasn't sure what was going to happen so he made sure to give Vanguard some good distance.  He turned around and walked about three yards back before facing the armor again.  He watched as Vanguard held his hand out and began to glow a golden color.  The air became very dry and it was harder to breath.  Roxas noticed small animals stopped to stare.  Was Vanguard causing this?  He continued to watch, unsure of what was to come.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: April 03, 2015, 08:41:14 PM »
Sakura could see Iri's face fall as she mentioned that Kiritsugu was dead and, then, could hear the distress in her voice when she responded to the question about Zouken.

"Ah-I-I've heard of him, but I've never met him myself-uh, why do you ask?" she said.

Sakura could understand why she might be shaken by the thought of Zouken. After all, she had experienced him evil ways first-hand. She gave a sad smile and responded.

"He was my 'grandfather'. Adoptive, that is, I am a Tohsaka by birth, not a Matou", she added, wanting to disassociate herself from the evil of her adoptive family. "He was ...not kind to me. Until I was freed from his control, during the Fifth War, Shirou was my only source of happiness. Knowing that he does not exist, at least as I knew him, in your timeline makes me fear for my alternate self, and I was wondering if you knew anything of her fate, or that of the monster that I used to call 'grandfather'", she finished in a sad voice, knowing that the answer was not likely to be good.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 08:45:26 PM by Cherry Lover »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: April 03, 2015, 08:58:04 PM »
Vanguard

Vanguard stood silent as the air continued to dry. As soon as the golden haze dissipated, a chime could be heard from all around the two. The trees and plants rustled all while the nearby animals lied down, and before anyone knew it, golden marble-like orbs oozed out of all the surrounding fauna and flora. The floating orbs of light slowly but surely moved towards Vanguard

"This is aether, Roxas. Not unlike magical energy, it flows freely in living beings and is released upon the world. It is life itself, if you think about it; and with this life, one can give birth to miracles." the knight spoke, his body collecting the golden orbs and glowing. His core seeped with an overflowing abundance of light. It was clear that Vanguard was becoming reinvigorated, slowly but surely gathering his strength.

However the nearby animals and plants seemed to age at a constant pace, plants slowly withering and leaves falling down. Even the small animals began to drop dead and lose consciousness as more of the golden orbs floated away from their body into his own. Yes, he was plundering the aether he needed to keep himself from dying, but for a being as primordial as him, a single life would not suffice.

"To plunder aether is to plunder life. But with every life taken, a new one can be reborn and give birth to new life. Magic itself is but an extension of this, where one gives life and purpose to concepts and elements with his own as wager. If I am to sustain myself, food or sleep will not suffice. This is but a necessary evil." said Vanguard as more trees withered away. What surrounded the two was no longer lush vegetation, but a decadent decaying world.

"To oblige me to take these lives for my own... that abominable man will pay for this crime." Vanguard growled, his anger and disgust clear and apparent.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: April 03, 2015, 09:20:14 PM »
Roxas watched as the air around him thickened.  Roxas heard a chime and in the next moment, the tree's and animals had died.  He looked around.  Each animal and plant excreted a golden like orb.  These orbs slowly made their way towards Vanguard.  Roxas was horrified.  He trusted that Vanguard wouldn't do this without a reason.  Maybe it had to do with what was going on with his body earlier.  Was this how he fueled his magic?

"This is aether, Roxas. Not unlike magical energy, it flows freely in living beings and is released upon the world. It is life itself, if you think about it; and with this life, one can give birth to miracles. To plunder aether is to plunder life. But with every life taken, a new one can be reborn and give birth to new life. Magic itself is but an extension of this, where one gives life and purpose to concepts and elements with his own as wager. If I am to sustain myself, food or sleep will not suffice. This is but a necessary evil. To oblige me to take these lives for my own... that abominable man will pay for this crime." Said Vanguard, clearly upset by his own actions and spiteful towards something.

He stole their life force only to fuel his own.  Not only that but he has clearly done this before and will in the future.  It is what maintains his existence.  Is this morally ok?  Roxas has struggled his whole life to maintain his own existence, he was not going to judge someone who simply wanted to exist, even if he took the life of the world around him.

"What happened back there?  Did your armor malfunction?  Why did you need to do all this?"  Roxas asked, wanting an explanation for this massacre on nature.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: April 03, 2015, 10:10:47 PM »
Vanguard

Vanguard laughed bitterly at the boy's remark, amused by such a question.

"Malfunction? Not at all, this armor is perfectly constructed and fulfills it's purpouse flawlessly I'd say." the knight snarked before rising, his feet now lying upon fallen leaves and withered grass.

"This vessel suits a demon just fine I'd say. If you really wish to know it's purpouse, it is simply to make of me an everlasting repentant. I cannot die for as long as this body stands, but neither can I live. Truly a cruel joke, would you not agree?"

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: April 03, 2015, 10:42:50 PM »
Sakura

Sakura clutched her Shirou as if he was the most precious thing in existence while she shook her head back and forth at the other one.

“Nonono, you have to be safe! At least try! Please!” She pleaded with him as he walked towards the edge. As he prepared to leap, she suddenly yelled in a loud angry voice, “STOP IGNORING ME!" She continued in a softer voice, almost mumbling to herself. "Senpai... You need to listen... You're in danger.”

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: April 03, 2015, 10:55:34 PM »
Roxas

Roxas was taken back by Vanguards explanation. He cannot die but he cannot live.  Perhaps he meant that he is in some way immortal but without draining the life of the environment he cannot function.  He could only imagine how hard that is.  Although then again, he could also be taking what he said the wrong way.  Still, what exactly happened back at the football field?

"Vanguard, were you attacked before?  Is that why you needed the life of the animals?  You also mentioned a man before.  Who are you talking about?"

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: April 03, 2015, 11:20:52 PM »
Irisviel

“Ah-um-huh. I’m-sorry about that.” Irisviel haltingly replied. “Ummm, Sakura, are you sure we’re talking about the same Zouken Matou? The person you’re describing sounds nothing like this man.”