Type Moon > Fanfiction

Newbish fan with a couple of questions for a F/SN fanfiction

(1/2) > >>

AzureTheta:
So I've been mulling ideas around off and one ever since I read the F/SN visual novel and watched Fate/Zero four years ago. I just discovered the new F/SN animated series and while thinking on my ideas I got hit by inspiration that made me want to actually start writing a fanfiction. My biggest question concerns F/HA and the Heaven's Feel route. I've looked up and down the Type-Moon wiki on info about Avenger, Bazett, and F/HA in general, but just reading a wiki is very difficult to piece together what's going on in that story. So my question is Does F/HA affect what happens after Heaven's Feel in any big, major way? I wanted to write a story of the 6th Holy Grail War where the Eizenburg family reactivates Heaven's Feel to open the path to the Greater Holy Grail again. However, I do not wish to just completely ignore F/HA, but since there doesn't seem to be a way to read it in English yet I decided to ask for help.

Another major question I feel I should ask is are there other series that are important to tie to F/SN in terms of writing a cohesive fanfiction? I do eventually want to branch away from just F/SN, but atm I would like to divert my free time to planning and plotting out this fanfiction and perhaps getting a chapter or two done while I still have this passion in me.

And third is just some help for thinking of someone to fill the Assassin role. For every other role I kinda thought of a list of potential candidates and then built the master's personality to work off of them, but I really want Assassin's master to be an Eisenburg mage who commands a legion of puppets and a few powerful homonculi in preparation for this war. Basically, a guy who's had enough of the Eisenburg participant in the previous wars failing (or disobeying in Ilya's case). I kinda wanted an Assassin who could possess the puppets or have some way to make the puppets stronger, but I can't really find any legends that seem to fit. And yes, I know this is more of Castor's territory, but I have already decided Castor's, Saber's, and Rider's roles in the story and will not budge on them.

I thank everyone who takes the time to respond. I have tried my best to keep to either stick to the rules from F/SN and Fate/Zero or think of a really good reason why a rule got broken.

Kotomine_Rin:
Well, technically, unless he was to exploit some loophole in the system the only servant available for the assassin class would be Hassan al Sabbah.

Also, it's usually said Einzbern, not Einsburg. And it's Caster, not beaver (castor).

As for F/HA, well it does give more hindsight on the 3rd HGW and the grail itself if memory serves me right. I heard they made a F/HA english patch, so I'd look for it if I were you or something.

SINIB:
It's never spelled einsburg, is there? I thought the worst romanization of it was einsbren.

If you seriously want to write fanfiction about Fate, yes should at the very least read the visual novel in its entirety. Fate/Hollow Ataraxia is also reccomended, but it's not as absolutely imperitive as Fate/Stay Night.

Hollow has a completed translation avalible on forums.nrvnqsr.com; the main story is extremely good.

Kotomine_Rin:
Well, considering Toosaka is a thing, I wouldn't be surprised if Einsburg was as well.

Cherry Lover:

--- Quote from: AzureTheta on February 01, 2015, 09:32:07 AM ---Does F/HA affect what happens after Heaven's Feel in any big, major way?
--- End quote ---

No, HA is a completely separate story which doesn't explicitly follow after any of the routes.

--- Quote ---Another major question I feel I should ask is are there other series that are important to tie to F/SN in terms of writing a cohesive fanfiction? I do eventually want to branch away from just F/SN, but atm I would like to divert my free time to planning and plotting out this fanfiction and perhaps getting a chapter or two done while I still have this passion in me.
--- End quote ---

There's nothing essential to FSN, really. Tsukihime is set in the same universe, but there isn't really anything in there that's essential to understanding FSN.

--- Quote from: Sakura on February 01, 2015, 02:59:09 PM ---It's never spelled einsburg, is there? I thought the worst romanization of it was einsbren.

If you seriously want to write fanfiction about Fate, yes should at the very least read the visual novel in its entirety. Fate/Hollow Ataraxia is also reccomended, but it's not as absolutely imperitive as Fate/Stay Night.

Hollow has a completed translation avalible on forums.nrvnqsr.com; the main story is extremely good.

--- End quote ---

He did say he'd read the VN. Hollow, I think, is only necessary if you're intending to use HA-only characters. I've never read it, certainly.

--- Quote from: francobull3 on February 01, 2015, 03:21:38 PM ---Well, considering Toosaka is a thing, I wouldn't be surprised if Einsburg was as well.

--- End quote ---

The "oo" in "Toosaka" is a perfectly valid romanisation of the long o that we usually write as "oh", though. I can't see how you can possibly romanise Einsburn as "Einsburg".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version