Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 315247 times)

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #405 on: August 23, 2013, 12:12:27 AM »
Well, I think it's more that it'd be difficult for her to talk about, even years later. Something like that would leave quite an impact, and parts of the trauma would remain even years later. I could see her possibly admitting to being abused for the sake of charity, but even then she wouldn't want to share the details. And in terms of those details, some things would be far harder for her to talk about than others, again, even years and years later.

I don't know if Sakura'd really be comfortable having that revealed to a stranger though outside of charity purposes, especially since she's trying to move past it. While coping tactics vary from person to person, from personal experience at least, usually what happens is that you tend to try and leave it behind you. There's a few exceptions, but usually it takes being friends with a person to bring to even mention that something of that nature happened to you, and even then it can vary.

Usually if someone who went through something bad is willing to talk to a stranger about it though, usually it's just something akin to, "I had a bad childhood," with few to no details, and if there are details, it's usually about the less traumatic things. I'm mostly going off personal experience, so what I'm saying might not be accurate for all situations, but hopefully that should give some idea.

...Hopefully that makes some form of sense. ^_^"

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 23, 2013, 12:18:16 AM »
Yeah, it makes sense that Sakura wouldn't be too happy about having it broadcast everywhere. I'm trying to think what Rider might think of it, though, and why she'd have said it at all. I mean, she doesn't necessarily always care about Sakura's wishes, but she does care about doing things which will hurt her.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 23, 2013, 06:47:39 AM »
Posts, posts all around! Speaking of which, I've posted. I'm going to post Archer's part separately, since his portion is going to take a bit longer to write, and I wanted to make sure I got Rin and Mille's portions up first (not that I feel like I wrote them the best, but they probably suffice ^_^").

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 23, 2013, 08:03:12 PM »
And posted with all characters except for Finn, who I'm going to hold off on bringing back in for a bit longer. Anyone who was waiting on me is free to go. :3

....Any feedback and stuff is appreciated. I feel like I'm starting to get somewhat OOC and that my posting quality is going downhill. ^_^"
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 08:05:49 PM by Alice »

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 24, 2013, 02:33:41 PM »
Alright, if I could have lantz not respond just yet, I'd appreciate it. While I can accept having something happen to stop Caladbolg II so that Toshi's armor doesn't get blown up, there's certain aspects about how that was handled that I had issues with, and want to clear up before we continue.

One thing is that it's going to hit us from the sounds of where the missile was intercepted, because Catablog II has a large blast radius. I wouldn't have had him fire it if I thought the blast radius would hit people below- I figured he was high enough up at this point so that collateral damage wouldn't happen. I even wondered if Catablog II would be able to get far enough to hit him in the first place.

As such, with nothing the level of Berserker or Toshi's uber armor to absorb the blast, the main damaging part of the blast radius is going to be hitting all the characters below. It's going to hurt Shuya, Fore, and Archer pretty bad, may outright kill Isa, and may still hurt Hakuno pretty badly even though Archer will serve as a human shield for her. That's the main issue I have with it, because having that much damage happen to the characters without time to account for it is a big deal. 

Another thing is (though I'm not clear on this part) is something about redirecting the shot. Didn't it explode before it was redirected, and unless the missile was clipped on the side by it rather than full on hit, I don't know if it's course would have been redirected so much as it would have exploded on impact.

Sorry if I'm being rude at all, I just wanted to bring that up so we can get that all sorted out. And also because characters could get fatally injured or die. That's not good.

The intent wasn't to kill Toshi btw, just blow a hole in his armor, since it seems pretty hard to destroy otherwise. If not destroy the armor, then the main intent at least was to knock Toshi out of the air.

...You're not in trouble or anything Daiki, btw. ^_^" I just had a few issues with that post is all. :)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 04:34:04 PM by Alice »

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 24, 2013, 06:49:20 PM »
What daiki did is impossible. Satoshi was walking and then running away from the hotel, he can't be talking to forest and stopping archer's attack. Forest is ten blocks away, she can't even see archer in the distance much less be close enough for a thrown vehicle to stop a bp from firing

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 24, 2013, 09:17:10 PM »
There, you can just ignore it.

It's the vehicle which was supposed to be destroyed, no way it would stop a NP, especially something which distort space but w/e.

Just thought Archer wouldn't be that far from Forest.(He's moving at Servant pace after all, wouldn't be hard for him to catch up). And after reading it again, he and Hakuno are close to Forest at that point.

Forest is ten blocks away, she can't even see archer in the distance much less be close enough for a thrown vehicle to stop a bp from firing

There is this part that says;

It seemed that it was already too late by the time Archer and Hakuno arrived at Forest's location. The heavily armored creature was in the air, already getting away. Forest was looking up at the thing, not seeming too happy about the situation. Even so, she seemed to be unharmed, which was good. Archer rushed to her side. He placed Hakuno down on the ground beside him.

Anyway, feel free to update when you want, Alice/Elf.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 09:59:54 PM by Daiki »

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 24, 2013, 10:24:11 PM »
Thank you. :) And sorry about all this.

And as for the distance, you're correct. When Archer fires Caladbolg II, he's standing near Forest because he ran to her side first so he could check on her. It's after that he attempts to fire Caladbolg II to try and slow Toshi down.

As for the explosion bit, I reached the conclusion I did based on the assumption that the bike collided with Caladbolg II at the tip, making it so both the bike and the NP would explode. It's possible I read into that wrong though.

Honestly, it's somewhat my fault too. I thought about having Archer use Hrunting instead since it wouldn't miss and cause less damage, but didn't know if it were enough to knock Toshi out of the air or not, and so overestimating how strong the armor was, I opted for Caladbolg.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 11:39:05 PM by Alice »

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 25, 2013, 12:48:57 AM »
Nah, I should have detailed more. I intended to use the small detonation as a mean to redirect slightly the NP. I just didn't worded it good. Sorry for the trouble.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 25, 2013, 01:19:31 AM »
Nah, it's ok, it happens to everyone sometime. :) It's not a biggie, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. :D

OPOI

• It's not a mistake!
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 25, 2013, 05:18:27 AM »
Well Hrunting Caladbolg problem solved~

Posted

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 25, 2013, 08:45:33 PM »
Yay! :D

And posted myself, with Rin and Mille's stuff. I'll probably wait for Elf before I post with Archer and Hakuno again.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 08:52:06 PM by Alice »

Xamusel

• Number XV of the Organization
  • NPC
  • Placeholder avatar until I can get something else
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 27, 2013, 04:52:54 AM »
I posted right before Elf posted a bit ago... and now I'm curious about something in regards to lantz.

@lantz: Did you look at your profile page yet? I sent you a message that you might want to look at.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 27, 2013, 08:44:57 PM »
Alright, I actually have an edit I potentially want to make to one of my posts, which shouldn't affect any posts that have already been made, but I want to make sure that it's ok anyway (...though can I even do that? That means I messed up pretty bad either way, though...)- I'm thinking about changing the scene where Archer shoots Caladbolg II at Toshi so instead of him doing it on his own, he gets told to do so by Hakuno.

I realized that Archer just jumping the gun like that was potentially a bit OOC, so I wanted to fix that. Is that ok with everyone, and should I do it?

And if it's rude of me to ask in the first place, please tell me so I don't do it again.

Also, I'm going to post today, in some way, shape or form, that I swear. ^_^"
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 09:38:58 PM by Alice »

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 27, 2013, 09:51:31 PM »
Sure.