General Discussion > Real World Topics

The First International Fanworks Day!

<< < (2/5) > >>

lantzblades:
I had thought perhaps certain sites or whatnot would run contests or such. Kinda like bl did for awhile. Or have some pseudo award thing like king of the web. Again neat that we're having recognition and stuff, I just thought it was more than that because you made it sound bigger than that.

Kat:
Current BL contest is kind of a joke tho.

Cherry Lover:

--- Quote from: lantzblades on February 18, 2015, 08:52:38 AM ---I had thought perhaps certain sites or whatnot would run contests or such. Kinda like bl did for awhile. Or have some pseudo award thing like king of the web. Again neat that we're having recognition and stuff, I just thought it was more than that because you made it sound bigger than that.

--- End quote ---

I think it would be difficult to have awards spread over the entire genre of fanfiction. It's too spread-out and, further, much of it is technically probably illegal....

As for me, I've only ever actually written one fanfic, and it only got as far as two chapters, so I can't really comment that much. I do like reading fanfic, although the amount of stuff that actually interests me is fairly minimal now, and I can't easily comment on most of it due to being banned from BL....

Kat:
You miss out if you don't branch into Sakura-neutral fanfics :p

Cherry Lover:

--- Quote from: Kat on February 19, 2015, 11:03:26 AM ---You miss out if you don't branch into Sakura-neutral fanfics :p

--- End quote ---

Well, it depends. I can read some "Sakura-neutral" fanfics, the problem is that a lot of them are post-UBW, and I find the UBW ending infuriating if Sakura is just forgotten about (and post-Fate isn't a lot better, especially if Shirou is being a "hero"). As a result, I have absolutely no interest in the characters involved.

Plus, a lot of the stuff is just OC-filled stuff or cross-overs, neither of which generally interest me. If Sakura has a big role in a cross-over story it might, but in general my lack of knowledge of the other fandom makes the story of limited interest.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version