Type Moon > Fanfiction

Crossover ideas thread

<< < (30/30)

Cherry Lover:

--- Quote from: demino_hellsin on March 28, 2015, 05:21:59 AM ---Generic force themselves to save her via deus ex machina BS miracle.

They can also kill her but Agrias informs a devastated Rin that in the past the holy stone had been shown to resurrect the dead when prayed to. However the circumstances that allowed for a perfect resuscitation were rather... unclear to say the least because in every other case all the stone had done was turn people into skins for Lucavi demons. So Rin is faced with either leaving her sister dead or risking everything on the holy stone that had been inhabiting Sakura's body.

It is to be noted that Agrias had only witnessed a clean resurrection only once. All the others were just demon revivals.

--- End quote ---

Hmm, right, and would they attempt the resurrection in that case, and would it work...?

demino_hellsin:
Personally I think it could go either way. Ofcourse everyone wants the happy ending so Rin would try and succeed. The pragmatic thing to do would be to not do it at all, this is the route I would support because of the multitude of risks. Worst case scenario is Rin tries, fails, then Agrias cuts down the Lucavi that had taken Rin over.

Or we could go completely Nasu level weirdness and demonstrate that Rin actually has affinity for the second magic by showcasing a spell she had prepared for the longest time as her trump card for the war. Which is fragmenting the future into multiple segments to represent routes or possible futures. All she would have to do is find the future she wants and take it. But the risks involved are also high with the rewards extremely low. She can only use the spell once since it's kind of like a preloaded one use spell. The future she picks can only be a possible future within the next sixty seconds. Her mana will be the only tether she has to her original timeline and it is cut loose or disappears because she ran out of prana then she'll be doomed to wander the multiverse or randomly end up in an alternate future.

Cherry Lover:

--- Quote from: demino_hellsin on March 31, 2015, 10:29:28 AM ---Personally I think it could go either way. Ofcourse everyone wants the happy ending so Rin would try and succeed. The pragmatic thing to do would be to not do it at all, this is the route I would support because of the multitude of risks. Worst case scenario is Rin tries, fails, then Agrias cuts down the Lucavi that had taken Rin over.
--- End quote ---

Just murdering Sakura and leaving her dead is a horrible ending, though, and shows that they are absolutely not heroes in any way, shape or form....

--- Quote ---Or we could go completely Nasu level weirdness and demonstrate that Rin actually has affinity for the second magic by showcasing a spell she had prepared for the longest time as her trump card for the war. Which is fragmenting the future into multiple segments to represent routes or possible futures. All she would have to do is find the future she wants and take it. But the risks involved are also high with the rewards extremely low. She can only use the spell once since it's kind of like a preloaded one use spell. The future she picks can only be a possible future within the next sixty seconds. Her mana will be the only tether she has to her original timeline and it is cut loose or disappears because she ran out of prana then she'll be doomed to wander the multiverse or randomly end up in an alternate future.

--- End quote ---

Hmm, possibly....

I'm not sure pre-war Rin would be able to make such a spell, though.

Kat:
I wish we had a honest to God Star Wars x Fate crossover fic instead of that shit called Saber Wars.

Cherry Lover:
It would be an interesting concept, yeah. There are a bunch of ways you could fit FSN's story and characters into the Star Wars universe and make it work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version