Author Topic: Crossover ideas thread  (Read 26635 times)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Crossover ideas thread
« Reply #75 on: November 25, 2013, 12:27:50 PM »
The formatting is from my ffnet page. I was hoping that it would make my long post easier to read.

It doesn't. Having paragraph breaks in the middle of sentences makes it really difficult to read. Breaking it down into more paragraphs is fine, but breaking in the middle of a sentence makes it hard to understand.

As much as I like this forum's background, it's not very good for reading.

It's generally OK, I think.

As for Shirou not falling for anyone else, I agree. I guess I should have worded that part better. What I meant was that Snow would apply Shirou's memories and powers to Snow's life. I wanted Snow to be his own person and not having Shirou basically possessing or replacing him.

Ah, OK.

So, this is a mostly FF story, then, with a small addition of FSN?

Basically, when I started playing FF13 I thought that Snow reminded me a lot of Shirou, but Snow starts off a lot more competent. It sounded to me like: "I will save save everyone, but especially Serah". That's pretty much Shirou without his distortion. Snow starts off as "I'll save Serah. Screw the world". That sounds kind of like HF Shirou.

I would say that HF Shirou's attitude is more "I will save everyone, but especially Sakura", actually. Once he decides to protect her, he doesn't stop trying to protect innocents from the shadow, and he doesn't stop getting upset at people dying.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2013, 03:37:37 PM »
Ignoring everything else wrong with the game (because they don't have anything to do with the relation between the game and the story idea you posted) the god things can talk, this is a major plot hole when you consider everything else in the laughable twenty minutes of story they have which they pretend is a fifty hour game. Become ragnarok and destroy cocoon. Simple motivation but because square desperately wants to think it is a movie company now they had to add cheap paper thin mystery to the story  which falls flat when all the god things can talk and therefore render the mystery meaningless. And they ALL want cocoon dead so it's not even like you can make the case that it's a faction thing because numerous of the creatures are found at tensionless points in the game who can tell them their focus.

in addition to the gaping hole they call plot the characters are horrible people and never get better (except hope who stops being a little dumbass) lightning wishes she was like Rin or Saber but frankly she's just a pale imitation of cloud strife with a completely bipolar moral compass. Fact is that ignoring everything else you are taking much better characters and forcing them to interact with stereotypes and poorly written material.

13 is simply trash when compared to almost any other story including 80's schlock.  Names believes I'm being an ff snob but that's not it, 13 is just the worst story I've ever seen on screen. My other issues with the game are not relevant.

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2013, 08:41:16 PM »
13 is simply trash when compared to almost any other story including 80's schlock.  Names believes I'm being an ff snob but that's not it, 13 is just the worst story I've ever seen on screen. My other issues with the game are not relevant.
No no, my problem was that you were stating your opinion(the game is utter, irredeemable shit and so are its characters) in a manner that makes it sound as if this is fact and stating, as fact, that: This needs to get scrapped. You are forcing your opinion on this person in an attempt to restrain them from writing/thinking up more FF13 ideas, and this is simply not cool and you do SOUND like a FF snob by saying it.

You don't like the game, ok. I don't either, though obviously not on the same degree. But other people are allowed to enjoy it and write FF on it, and you don't get the right to veto it and state that it needs to go just because you don't like the game.

And honestly, I never liked Hope even after he stops being a dumbass. He just seemed a little braindead to me, constantly parroting the other party members and being generally irrelevant. Sazh was the best to me, in that he deals with the situation more reasonably and is more relatable due to the situation with his son. He's just a normal father out to protect his boy, and who's too afraid to pull the trigger on himself once he causes his child to become a statue. He's very human, in that.

solitare

• Spiritron
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2013, 08:58:04 PM »
It doesn't. Having paragraph breaks in the middle of sentences makes it really difficult to read. Breaking it down into more paragraphs is fine, but breaking in the middle of a sentence makes it hard to understand.
Ah, okay. Do you want me to repost them with normal formatting? As to the background, I was mostly referring to the white-ish splotches behind the white font making it a little harder for me to read.

I would say that HF Shirou's attitude is more "I will save everyone, but especially Sakura", actually. Once he decides to protect her, he doesn't stop trying to protect innocents from the shadow, and he doesn't stop getting upset at people dying.
That's actually what I meant to say. I'm not sure why I said what I did, but this is from the original post: "Snow is the determined hero who wants to save everybody but mostly Serah, his love." I was kind of in a rush this morning.

Okay lantzblades, we know you hate FF13, so just skip that one. Pretend it doesn't exist. What do you think of the Sailor Moon crossover? Seriously, I thought most of the objections would be over that one given that I suggested crossing TYPE-MOON with Sailor Moon of all things. I really didn't expect a rabid FF13 hater. Maybe reading so much fanfiction has lowered my standards or maybe you're overly sensitive, but please just ignore that one.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 25, 2013, 10:07:28 PM »
FF13 isn't the best of the games, and while the characters might be kinda unlikeable at points (and Snow is a pedo) they aren't that bad. And there are worse games in the series.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 25, 2013, 10:31:41 PM »
Ah, okay. Do you want me to repost them with normal formatting?

It would be better if you just edited the post.

As to the background, I was mostly referring to the white-ish splotches behind the white font making it a little harder for me to read.

I don't think it's that much of an issue, although if you're finding it difficult we do have other styles.

That's actually what I meant to say. I'm not sure why I said what I did, but this is from the original post: "Snow is the determined hero who wants to save everybody but mostly Serah, his love." I was kind of in a rush this morning.

Ah, OK.

solitare

• Spiritron
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 26, 2013, 06:58:37 AM »
Thanks for the edit suggestion Cherry Lover! I didn't know I could do that. I'm kinda new here and I don't go on forums much anyway.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 26, 2013, 12:46:11 PM »
That's OK.

Mordalfus Grea

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 27, 2013, 12:37:14 AM »
It may not be my place to speak as I have never played a single Final Fantasy Game in my life but thanks to the multiple fanfictions and the wikia, I am of the opinion that the only two FF series that could possibly work with a TYPE-MOON Crossover are VII & X.

One is a world on the verge of ending due to corporate assholes and nutcases, not to mention said corporation is nearly completely corrupt. VII sounds like a place where a quite a few individuals [Shirou included] would fit in fairly well, especially if Shirou's merry band of companions [Rin, Archer, Sakura, Rider, Illya, Saber, & Taiga] and maybe a few other servants arrived in Wutai before Shinra invaded, they could both fight and defend the people of Wutai.

The Second world, where technology is shunned and a creature known as SIN runs rampant. Again another world where characters and servants could blend in while fighting the main threats to said world.

Anyways I have a Crossover idea of my own to present

Fate Stay/Night x Cardcaptor Sakura
Spoiler for Hiden:
What if while looking around an old shop, Sakura [Matou] found an old tome that she found herself drawn to. After purchasing said old tome and bringing it 'home', she opens the tome. Like in the original cardcaptor series the majority of the cards are spread all across Fuyuki City but like in CCS The Windy returns to Sakura shortly after and the two guardians of the cards are released. This occurs a week before she summons Rider, so not only is the fifth war breaking out but Sakura must capture and tame the clow cards as their new master.

The main issues with this crossover is how Zouken would deal with the Clow Cards, no doubt he'd try and use them to his gain but as Sakura is to be their mistress, he can't make Sakura make Shinji the new master of the cards due to him having no magic ability of his own.
If you must address me as something, it is not MG! Please address me as Mord if you need to shorten my name

My Other Locations
http://gat-x139.deviantart.com/
http://www.fanfiction.net/~mordalfusgrea

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 27, 2013, 01:20:38 AM »
I'm not a rabid hater, I objectively acknowledged the terrible job they did. You could use any other final fantasy  as a cross over setting and be far better off. Rereading it I realize it has very little to do with type moon so my mistake.

the sailor moon crossover only comes down to the way it's written, as I said, it has potential.

the card captor thing is actually an idea I've had as well. I think since I'm doing my own version of the idea I may not be the best person to give an opinion.

Mordalfus Grea

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 27, 2013, 04:03:13 AM »
the card captor thing is actually an idea I've had as well. I think since I'm doing my own version of the idea I may not be the best person to give an opinion.

I came up with it after I got the urge to relisten to the english theme for the show and let me tell ya, even now years after it ended I still got the theme in my head even before rewatching the theme. So I wanna hear your idea if its okay with you Lantz
If you must address me as something, it is not MG! Please address me as Mord if you need to shorten my name

My Other Locations

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 27, 2013, 04:37:18 AM »
It may not be my place to speak as I have never played a single Final Fantasy Game in my life but thanks to the multiple fanfictions and the wikia, I am of the opinion that the only two FF series that could possibly work with a TYPE-MOON Crossover are VII & X.

One is a world on the verge of ending due to corporate assholes and nutcases, not to mention said corporation is nearly completely corrupt. VII sounds like a place where a quite a few individuals [Shirou included] would fit in fairly well, especially if Shirou's merry band of companions [Rin, Archer, Sakura, Rider, Illya, Saber, & Taiga] and maybe a few other servants arrived in Wutai before Shinra invaded, they could both fight and defend the people of Wutai.

The Second world, where technology is shunned and a creature known as SIN runs rampant. Again another world where characters and servants could blend in while fighting the main threats to said world.

Hmm, well, I don't know much about FFX, but I do know FFVII, and I think it could be interesting to see that crossover. Presumably Shirou and friends would end up on Cloud's team somehow.

Spoiler for Hiden:
What if while looking around an old shop, Sakura [Matou] found an old tome that she found herself drawn to. After purchasing said old tome and bringing it 'home', she opens the tome. Like in the original cardcaptor series the majority of the cards are spread all across Fuyuki City but like in CCS The Windy returns to Sakura shortly after and the two guardians of the cards are released. This occurs a week before she summons Rider, so not only is the fifth war breaking out but Sakura must capture and tame the clow cards as their new master.

The main issues with this crossover is how Zouken would deal with the Clow Cards, no doubt he'd try and use them to his gain but as Sakura is to be their mistress, he can't make Sakura make Shinji the new master of the cards due to him having no magic ability of his own.

Hmm, this does seem interesting (although I've seen Lantz's idea before). I suspect that Zouken is the biggest problem here, though, because he would abuse his control over Sakura massively, and it's going to be very difficult for her to resist that and not end up dead or worse.

Mordalfus Grea

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 27, 2013, 04:51:26 AM »

Hmm, well, I don't know much about FFX, but I do know FFVII, and I think it could be interesting to see that crossover. Presumably Shirou and friends would end up on Cloud's team somehow.

Probably but I am willing to bet with Shirou's entourage Shinra's war against Wutai would have gone very differently, imagine if Shirou was something of a big brother for Yuffie and a wanted 'criminal' by Shinra. They'd want to examine him for his unique abilities [UBW] and how they could potentially replicate it, though they'd have better luck teaching Gilgamesh humility.

Spoiler for Hiden:

Hmm, this does seem interesting (although I've seen Lantz's idea before). I suspect that Zouken is the biggest problem here, though, because he would abuse his control over Sakura massively, and it's going to be very difficult for her to resist that and not end up dead or worse.

Though the moment she gets the Erase card, well then things can change. Sakura could then Erase the worms inside of her freeing herself and killing the worm man. Though you gotta wonder how Zouken will contend with Yue and Kero, the two guardians of the Cards. The moment the two of them assume their true forms, well the term burn it with fire comes to mind and The Firey would probably enjoy hunting for worms.

My Other Locations

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 27, 2013, 05:03:26 AM »

Probably but I am willing to bet with Shirou's entourage Shinra's war against Wutai would have gone very differently, imagine if Shirou was something of a big brother for Yuffie and a wanted 'criminal' by Shinra. They'd want to examine him for his unique abilities [UBW] and how they could potentially replicate it, though they'd have better luck teaching Gilgamesh humility.

Yeah, definitely. I think Shirou and friends would make a formidable team.

Spoiler for Hiden:

Though the moment she gets the Erase card, well then things can change. Sakura could then Erase the worms inside of her freeing herself and killing the worm man. Though you gotta wonder how Zouken will contend with Yue and Kero, the two guardians of the Cards. The moment the two of them assume their true forms, well the term burn it with fire comes to mind and The Firey would probably enjoy hunting for worms.

Zouken isn't stupid, though. He's not going to let Sakura get into a position where she can free herself and kill him if he has any inkling that it might happen. He'd sooner kill her than let her go free with the potential to kill him or tell Rin etc. of what he does.

If he doesn't know the details it's possible, but even then Sakura would be under his control at the start, which I think is a very bad thing indeed.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 05:04:55 AM by Cherry Lover »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 27, 2013, 10:00:02 AM »
Well it's late but the jist is that Zelretch archer and a few others are talking about the tragedy of Sakura's fate and Satoshi, Aoko, Aoi and Lancer kick the door down and they force Tokomi, Zel and such to help in changing her fate, because they are unable to give Sakura magic crest or change her spliting from Rin the group create an altered timeline where Sakura is given a book with Sealed Spirits in the form of cards ( yes all the ones from card captor Sakura ) these spirits including the guardians are nasuverse characters who represent the cards best. The major difference is that the cards are the actual hero and can think and such once captured.