Author Topic: In Character Game Thread (Depricated)  (Read 177031 times)

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Re: In Character Game Thread
« Reply #5145 on: April 26, 2019, 04:13:46 AM »
Yusho

Yusho had enough patience left to watch her go before letting the huff he was holding. Knowing what he did, she could probably hear him, but so long as he didn't have to explain it to her face, that was alright. Oh, how nobles ordering people around annoyed him. He'd actually managed to forget until now.

"I'm sure she has her reasons," he said to himself, picking himself up to cross through the gates of Valerie's land.

Later, he would note to himself how strange it was that his aura was almost the brightest thing in the streets, even during daytime, at least until it steadily faded. The sky seemed perpetually overcast, but the grey pall above did not smell of water, and he could not feel the humidity of a rainy day on his skin.

It didn't look natural. He'd have to ask his host about it later. But so far, at least... the streets were not as lacking in seemingly normal people as he'd expected. It wasn't as dense a neighborhood as what he'd seen elsewhere since his arrival, with packed avenues not nearly as chaotic as the stacked slums of Wu-Jian but just as bustling with activity, with impressively bigger towers around every corner.

Yusho hoped the rest of his trip down to this registration office could go smoothly.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #5146 on: May 01, 2019, 02:41:15 AM »
Azad

For a moment, his body tensed with a horrifying chill. His body felt cold, damp, without the strength to raise a finger. Despite that, he wasn't sweating. No, the taste he felt in his throat was nothing more than rusty iron and blood. And what poured from his face was nothing more than his own scarlet life.

But there was nothing. Azad was unharmed. For a split second, his instincts only showed him his future self. His fate.

"Honor, eh?"

But this fear, this sensation born from the difference between him and the one who spoke. It was so very real. So real in fact, he could only chuckle. If she knew his name, it could only mean two things. And one of these was far more likely than the other...

"I see what your honor did to her afternoon snacks." He pointed at the spider calmly. "So you're the naughty girl responsible for all this, and yet you're asking others to do your cleaning job? No thanks. No one'd be crazy enough to keep going into these woods."

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #5147 on: May 01, 2019, 04:09:35 AM »
Throne

The Spider plucked a single thread with one of its limbs, something so subtle yet attention grabbing all at once to his senses. "You will not scurry in my den again if you leave here." It wasn't a surprising ultimatum if one thought about it. Somehow the ravens had convinced her to support them. Access would be... extraordinarily difficult if he tried to breach the interior of the forest again, and he didn't even know another root to get back here.

Again the voice returned, yet it lacked the sheer power and force from before. It sounded fairly young in fact, early twenties at most. "If you leave them then they will die. If they come to the end of this journey they will kill him. Khamsin, you cannot stop them. You will not make it to this place a second time from the heart of the forest. You can only save or kill them. Do not let it be too late again. There are none so blind as those who will not see."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #5148 on: May 01, 2019, 04:25:12 AM »
Azad

Azad groaned. Twice, twice she called him with that damnable name, he thought and wished to never have to hear it again, because this was seriously worse than a headache. Yes he was scared. Yes he was terrified. But he would not let his doubts unman him again.

"Oh shaddup will you? People like you are the worst. Talking about what will happen and won't happen as if was set in stone. Kill to save the other, save so one can hurt others. I don't need you to tell me they're two thick headed fools heading to their death. If I wanted your opinion I'd ask for it."

Yes. These two idiots, these idiots who kept pressing on despite his warnings Despite how many died. Fate? Money? Power? What kind of idiotic reasoning would make you walk through all this madness. It didn't take a genius to figure out that there was no light at the end of this tunnel. This place was too messed up for a kid like her. Whatever gifts they were primised, whatever thing that damnable woman promised, it was all poison. He hated fools who fell for the charms of women more than anyone else. And yet, and yet...

His expression softened.

"But they're loveable fools. And I'm too easy to charm for an old man. Sorry to dissappoint, but I didn't come here to sell out my comrades or to let you realize your goals oh charming lady. But it sure is nice that I got to meet face to face with the one behind it all. Maybe this whole fate thing isn't bogus after all."  He bowed to the voice behind it all.

As if.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 04:28:09 AM by francobull3 »

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #5149 on: May 22, 2019, 01:17:13 AM »
Throne

It wasn't long before the duo realized they were completely lost. Everything managed to look the same. It was if they had walked into a giant circle. The grass was still far too long, and the trees still stretched up into the sky. But it seemed to be growing dark. Whatever light was filtered through the canopy grew thinner and thinner, until there was almost nothing to see. At this point going back to find the knight to guide them was... unlikely. But there were other factors at play. 

Dahlia's blood boiled. Not literally of course, but it burned hot in her veins with a strange familiarity. Something out there was calling to her. As for Sakura, something tugged at her consciousness. Images flickered through her vision. The feathers of a raven in one instance and the scattering of petals in another. She couldn't be pulled in both direction; she had to choose.

The cave was silent as Azad moved through it. The deep weebs still seemed to funnel into endless tunnels, but he would have a rough idea of where everything was. The scent of acrid smoke marked the entrance he had yet to reach, metal and rust elsewhere, and the cawing of a bird was rather near. The only problem would be finding his way back once he committed.

Sakura

Sakura didn't know what to choose. Which vision to follow. She saw a flower wilt, its petals falling away before a raven cawed, a lone feather falling to the ground in front of her. She reached down to pick it up, but it vanished in front of her eyes.

A vision.

She clutched her head and moaned, looking deeper. Following the thread of the feather.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #5150 on: May 22, 2019, 01:44:22 AM »
Throne

There was a moment of silence at his response. The ravens perched on the spider's body and limbs were unnaturally still as the creature moved about, almost restlessly, its own limbs sending almost unnoticeable ripples down its web. Then the voice returned, barely any traces of the divinity which scattered thought and shook these tunnels. "Whether or not one believes in fate, your conviction is not something I dislike."

A single raven awkwardly twisted its body into something almost resembling a bow. "You surely desire something as well. Speak your wish to me and we may parley. Consider this impromptu audience a sign of my respect, Azad."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #5151 on: May 22, 2019, 02:38:34 AM »
Azad

"Oh please, I have never once in my life done anything worth respect. Keep it to yourself or spare it for the next pretty boy." He kicked a pebble in her direction, it bounced around before landing uselessly next to her foot.

"I'd just like no blood to be spilled if I can help it. What can I say? Even I can get sentimental." He put his hands out and sighed with a charmingly hopeless smile. "But from your stench, I got a feeling no matter which way I go, I'll just be leaving a bigger trail, won't I?"

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #5152 on: May 22, 2019, 02:51:47 AM »
Throne

Reality split apart, the forest unraveling like a tapestry, and beneath it all was another world. The greenery had been replaced by smooth white stone as far as the eye could see. Where trees once stood were buildings of gold, silver, and several different shades of the material beneath her feet. Pillars and columns were lovingly carved, etchings of heroic figures explained by a glowing script beneath them. It was not a language she could recognize, but the veneration was clear. Beautiful trees sprouted from spaces where rich earth was left, bewitching golden apples growing amidst leaves that shone like jade.

Above her, the sky was a deeper blue that she had ever seen before. There was a richness to the air as well, just a few short breaths equal to deep inhalations from the real world. It was strangely perfect, a world that felt more real than reality.

The path led to a pool of clear water, and more runes were carved at its bottom. Sitting by it was a blonde girl in a swimsuit, her feet in the pool and her only eye closed as she relaxed. A straw hat graced her head with a pair of sunglasses atop that, and if not for her surroundings it would appear almost normal.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #5153 on: May 22, 2019, 02:57:27 AM »
Throne

"An acknowledgment of foolishness and unworthiness is worth more than all the heroes in the world. Their times wax and wane, but the world will never lose its need for your kind." The ravens flapped their wings in unison. "But you would be right. Fate is hardly needed to know that there is no clean way for this to end."

The spider plucked a single strand of silk. "There is always another meal, human."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #5154 on: May 22, 2019, 03:03:33 AM »
Azad

"Hush beast. This is a talk between grownups." Was it nonchalance or contempt that slipped out of his tongue? No one may ever know. "...But you're right. Sadly, none of this is my business and league, so I'm afraid I'll have to leave this mess to the strong and foolish. But before then, do tell..."

His hand reached in his pocket, and for a moment there was an immense presence coming from that man. No, not man. Despite seeing nothing, for a moment his eyes looked only at death.

It was enough to chill a dragon to the bone.

But it wasn't a dagger or a weapon he pulled out. A simple device, containing a picture. "I am looking for this woman. She is the daughter of a district lord, not that it matters to someone like you I'd wager. But even so, I'd hate to leave a job undone..." He rubbed his beard and grinned cheekily.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 03:06:06 AM by francobull3 »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #5155 on: May 22, 2019, 07:19:15 PM »
Throne

The arachnid bristled. There was something barely noticeable in the movement. While its movements obscured the act, just the smallest tremor moved across the web. A few hairs had been carelessly cast from its form in her agitation. But the raven spoke fearlessly. "Yes..."

A momentary paused ensued. "The spider would not remember, but she consumed the girl several days ago. Her method was as distasteful as ever."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #5156 on: May 22, 2019, 07:37:59 PM »
Azad

For a moment, the woods were quiet. There was not a single sound, not so much as the rustling of the leaves or a blade of grass. He just let out a tired sigh and shook his head with a weak smile.

"My oh my, that is rich. And to think I walked all this way..." He couldn't help but chuckle and wipe a tear from his eye, as if he heard a funny joke. Or perhaps a speck of dust got stuck in his blind eye.

What an idiot. This place held nothing good for anyone, he just couldn't understand why someone would pay so much for so little. Did she think she was being a hero, trying to take care of everything herself? Damn fool...

And now, two more were following her footsteps. And his expression darkened.

"Enough of this madness. I know the dice is entirely in your hand, damn witch. My bargain is simple: I'll take your pet's head, and you will not let them die or falter. This place is no graveyard fit for a woman or a child."

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #5157 on: May 23, 2019, 06:51:51 AM »
Throne

Reality split apart, the forest unraveling like a tapestry, and beneath it all was another world. The greenery had been replaced by smooth white stone as far as the eye could see. Where trees once stood were buildings of gold, silver, and several different shades of the material beneath her feet. Pillars and columns were lovingly carved, etchings of heroic figures explained by a glowing script beneath them. It was not a language she could recognize, but the veneration was clear. Beautiful trees sprouted from spaces where rich earth was left, bewitching golden apples growing amidst leaves that shone like jade.

Above her, the sky was a deeper blue that she had ever seen before. There was a richness to the air as well, just a few short breaths equal to deep inhalations from the real world. It was strangely perfect, a world that felt more real than reality.

The path led to a pool of clear water, and more runes were carved at its bottom. Sitting by it was a blonde girl in a swimsuit, her feet in the pool and her only eye closed as she relaxed. A straw hat graced her head with a pair of sunglasses atop that, and if not for her surroundings it would appear almost normal.

Sakura

Sakura pulled her pokemon back into her balls, except Wormy, whom she clung tightly to, as much for her own piece of mind than for actual protection, rather than anything else. She doubted she could do anything against whatever, whomever, rather-had taken control of her, and transported her to such a place. It felt too real to be an illusion.

Still, as terrifying as the situation was, the surroundings were beautiful. Truly, utterly gorgeous, perfect to the point of being impossible, as if it were one of those forms she'd read about recently.

She focused her mind, thinking of the ribbon her sister had given her, clearing it of all empty thoughts, expanding her conciousness as much as possible.

She took a single step down the path beforee hesitating. She took a deep breath, rubbing Wormy's fur.

She then pulled her closer, and walked down the path until she reached the girl. She was almost the strangest thing to Sakura there, the deepest into the uncanny valley.

She looked at her, and hesitantly uttered a single word. "H-hello."

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #5158 on: May 24, 2019, 01:29:55 AM »
Throne

The bird picked at its own feathers for a moment as the spider reared back. "That was not the deal, goddess!" Poison dripped off of its suddenly exposed fangs as the ravens scattered. A few of them were crushed, others were tangled in the web at the sudden movement, but most remained in the area.

With a disappointed sounding sigh, one landed right next to Azad. "I do not make a habit of betraying those I make deals with. Unless you would rather I stand and watch if someone asked for your head in the future? Either way, you mistake our relationship. The spider is a partner; she was not created by my hand. The name that she bears is her own."

The blonde girl turned to look at her, a knowing smile on her face. "Ah, I have been waiting for you, Sakura. Do not be afraid. There is nothing in this place that can harm you. I would recommend the apples. There's nothing in the world quite like them." But soon her face twisted into a small frown, her eye narrowing just a tad.

"But you are in a place far more dangerous than here in truth, are you not? A wilder place. Why did you go there? Only a fool runs from one's fate, but those who walk into it blindly can hardly be called wise."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #5159 on: May 24, 2019, 01:54:11 AM »
Azad

Goddess? Jackpot. So I got the right one hook line and sinker, and I didn't even look for her in the first place. Oh well...

"Not like it's worth much. If an idiot manages to pay the iron price and take it, all the better. But that won't be today." He shrugged and grabbed the crow with one hand, before yeeting it straight into a tree trunk. The poor bird got its beak stuck in the wood, and its whole body!

His smile was practically begging to, as less savoury folks put it oh so eloquently, eat shit.

"My milkmaid once said: ravens are all liars. Or was it crows? Mmmm, I wonder..." Not like he ever had a milkmaid, but he liked the saying anyways. Enough to shrug whatever worry he had off his shoulders. Taking a few steps to the left, right, and the left again...

"Whatever your relationship is, that is not mine to judge. But that animal has feasted on innocent lives while you watched. And besides, you don't get to complain! Someone who can see the future of all things must be pretty used to getting bored. If you're going to be fussy, take it as a trial I'm offering to overcome against your valorous champion. And I promise, you won't be able to guess the end of this one friend."

Sweat dripped down his brow. Argh, not again...

But this was as good of a gamble as he ever took. Chills ran down his spine, and he tried to keep himself from pouring down cold sweat. Because this gamble, this game he offered, it all depended on what he thought he knew of this one. The result was all in the palm of her hand. He just hoped she'd take the damn offer. That, and that he'd be able to make good of his word.

And if not, well... I guess the trees will be a little more fed than usual today.