Cross Effects > Areas

The Citadel of Sorcery

<< < (33/81) > >>

SINIB:
Sakura

Sakura grabbed her chin, scratching the underside of it as she listened to what the two had to say. Her face was somber and thoughtful, not showing too much emotion from what the two had to say. It would be nice for any other magus, but one of the great Edelfeldt line?

The money was trivial. Even just accounting for the little that she had on her, it was still enough to construct an extravagant and elegant workshop. The support was enticing, but she figured that she'd be largely unable to train any apprentices beyond a basic level, considering how specialized her knowledge was.

And she would never give up the crest that her sister had granted to her. All of the knowledge within it was hers and hers alone.

With her ancient knowledge, combined with Sapphire, she would surely be granted an extremely high rank, potentially even above Christina. She wasn't entirely clear on her magical abilities, but she didn't seem like one of the higher ups. The bigwigs in the clocktower were far more intimidating than anything that she'd seen here.

So, once the explanation was done, Sakura smiled, giving Christina a little wave. "Mmm, well. It all sounds very enticing, but how am I to be tested for this ranking system?" She turned her body, striking an elegant pose as she regarded the two of them. "Am I to be tested in an arena? Will I be able to choose my apprentices?"

She smiled confidently as she implied that she'd surely be a high ranking member were she to join.

Aiden:
Lapidarian Society

"There are certain terms to be set for your test, yes." Mala waved a hand across her desk, which vanished in a swirl of darkness. Then, the sphere began to rotate, the center platform splitting off the section where the Magister stood and the rest of it seemingly to extrude more material to make up a more complete center platform. Edelgard too was removed in a similar fashion, a section of the platform where she stood splitting off and hovering over the area to overlook things.

"You will bring with you only what your own knowledge has built." Her voice grew louder, echoing through the sphere. "I care not to see what the work of others brings you - anyone can cheat. I want to see only what your own skill with the magical arts can do."

Christina, seemingly prepared for what was to come, grinned and loudly cracked her knuckles together as she moved back to the other side of the platform. A magical barrier formed tightly around her body as she performed a brief incantation. "Don't hold back, 'kay?"

"Do not kill one another - but do not underestimate your opponent. And most importantly... try to have fun with it."

SINIB:

--- Quote from: Aiden on August 11, 2019, 11:58:36 PM ---Lapidarian Society

"There are certain terms to be set for your test, yes." Mala waved a hand across her desk, which vanished in a swirl of darkness. Then, the sphere began to rotate, the center platform splitting off the section where the Magister stood and the rest of it seemingly to extrude more material to make up a more complete center platform. Edelgard too was removed in a similar fashion, a section of the platform where she stood splitting off and hovering over the area to overlook things.

"You will bring with you only what your own knowledge has built." Her voice grew louder, echoing through the sphere. "I care not to see what the work of others brings you - anyone can cheat. I want to see only what your own skill with the magical arts can do."

Christina, seemingly prepared for what was to come, grinned and loudly cracked her knuckles together as she moved back to the other side of the platform. A magical barrier formed tightly around her body as she performed a brief incantation. "Don't hold back, 'kay?"

"Do not kill one another - but do not underestimate your opponent. And most importantly... try to have fun with it."

--- End quote ---

Sakura

Shadows burst out of Sakura's feet, wrapping themselves around her body almost instantaneously. "I don't want to hurt you, but I'm not going to lose, either!"

Sapphire was swallowed up into the shadow as Sakura assumed a stance, beaten into her by her sister. An impossibly black mist began to billow out from her feet as she reached into her shadow for several gems.

Aiden:
Christina Verde

"Maybe you won't, but I'm gonna make you work for it!" Christina's eyes gleamed red as fire appeared in her fists, and she she swung her arms in wide arcs that met together at the center. "Haaah!"

Immense waves of fire shot out in the wake of her arm motions, the air around them rippling with the heat of their passage as they made their way around Sakura. Christina's hands guided them further as they went, expanding the wavefront of the inferno until it was unavoidable without space to move backward. Space that platform did not allow for.

"Hope your barriers are up to snuff!"

SINIB:

--- Quote from: Aiden on August 12, 2019, 12:54:40 AM ---Christina Verde

"Maybe you won't, but I'm gonna make you work for it!" Christina's eyes gleamed red as fire appeared in her fists, and she she swung her arms in wide arcs that met together at the center. "Haaah!"

Immense waves of fire shot out in the wake of her arm motions, the air around them rippling with the heat of their passage as they made their way around Sakura. Christina's hands guided them further as they went, expanding the wavefront of the inferno until it was unavoidable without space to move backward. Space that platform did not allow for.

"Hope your barriers are up to snuff!"

--- End quote ---

Sakura

Fire. Good. Predictable, considering her personality. Sakura ignored it, allowing her shadows to consume it wholesale, devouring the spells Christina threw at her and snuffing them out. She tossed a gem at Christina with her full strength. It hurtled towards the red-haired woman. "You'll need to make me move, first!"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version