Cross Effects > Areas

The Citadel of Sorcery

<< < (80/81) > >>

Panda:
Nanako

"Offering myself up to them, huh?" Nanako licked her lips and smiled, "So you want someone to tempt them?"

The squirrel girl canted her head curious as Lulu rose up, bringing Nanako with them. She wound up a bit off the ground, clinging to the squirrel girl as strange warmth seeped into her. Already, she could feel it soothing the delicious aches and twinges left over from the brief battle before, nudging something deeper inside her as well.

Hey, I know this taste...

"You'd be pretty tempting to the lonely ones already," Nanako giggled, eyes sparkling with lascivious amusement, "But if it's both of us, well..."

SINIB:

--- Quote from: Umbra of Chaos on February 13, 2021, 10:49:43 PM ---Mai

"What concern is that of yours? If there is any blame to assert, it is not with me." She points her finger towards the arcane towers and sorcerous workings at the true heart of the district. "Their hunger for secrets and knowledge is all-consuming. If it was not me, I am sure one of their ranks would descend upon any curiosity of note. That is the nature of those who would poke their instruments into the wounds of the world."

Her brow furrows with an irritation that borders anger. She will never understand those who so recklessly utilize their own abilities for an ideal of knowledge identical to greed. As for herself, for her sins, there are none alive who would hunt her for such a thing. The maggots and worms have stolen those secrets from their tongue. Who would wish to speak of it? She has said enough to fill the frozen hells for today. But Mai can recognize a hook, a question meant to dig and prod not for the sake of another but one's own satisfaction. At the very least, this girl does not look so deranged that it was for pleasure.

So Mai merely frowns, her hold on her sword firm. "I do not know what you wish from me, but you will not find it. My crimes are not yours. ...And you are a child. If you have committed evils, then you have a life to make up for them. If others have asked it of you, then the blame is far from yours alone."

--- End quote ---

Tsumiko

"Tch. Don't call me a child and talk down to me. Your pain and suffering isn't greater than my own." Tsumiko crossed her arms under her chest, glaring intently at Mai with a serious face. "The way that I make up for the sins of my creation is helping save people—that's why I showed up here and did what I did."

She gestured up at the large, walled city of mages. "And I know little of what goes on in there. My sorcery is my own, self-taught and used only for good. I'm a hero, and I'd like to be your friend."

Bern:
Lulu

"there are things you can do with two girls that you can't with just one, besides...." Lulu grinned in amusement, she was clearly enjoying the response she was getting here, now she just needed a final push. A quick glance at the girl's mind was all it took for her to find what she was searching for.

"You want to feel it don't you, the pain of being taken by someone who's lost all inhibition?"  The Angel softly whispered this to her, not wanting anyone else to hear this conversation, but also because the shift in tone would make the statement all the more deliciously dramatic.

Panda:
Nanako

The squirrel girl perked up with the busty blonde's question, ears swiveling towards her as she hugged Lulu just a little tighter.

"That definitely...sounds like a fun time," Nanako admitted, curiosity and anticipation quivering in her voice, "But you're right, there's plenty you can do with two that you can't do with one."

"Like this!" mirth lit up the squirrel girl's eyes as she suddenly took one of Lulu's hands in her own, fingers weaving together to better hold the other girl's hand, "Now lead the way!"

Umbra of Chaos:
Mai

"For what reason?" It was not suspicious, for suspicion was reserved for those who had been burned. It was the confusion of an idea that was fundamentally foreign. "We hold nothing in common. You do not know me in any way. There is no need to rub shoulders with another simply because you both carry wounds." She turns around then, her sword at her side, and begins to walk away. But a moment of hesitation brings her footsteps to a halt. The sin of her creation? Mai looked towards her own blade. It was not evil. It was not cruel. It did not want to be born, did not want to be anything. It was not capable of such feelings.

Only she was. How infuriating.

So Mai turns around. At the very least, she cannot keep quiet about this. Even if it is tiresome and a distraction she must address it as cleanly as possible. A thorn in the foot may be ignorable for a single step, but after a thousand it is agony. "There is no sin in being born, only in creation. If that alone constitutes your sins then abhor your makers, but their evils are not yours."

That is suitable enough, is it not? She is no sage to give lessons and dispense wisdom. A few words are fitting enough for her. So she turns away and resumes her walk, blade still in hand.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version