Author Topic: The Slums  (Read 19155 times)

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: The Slums
« Reply #345 on: October 03, 2019, 12:37:02 AM »
Yang Xiao Long

Eh? He just blinked at the sudden reciprocal forehead poke. For a moment, he just had to stand there and let it sink in, gaping sheepish smile and all.

"...Pffffffffffffffffttt! Are you for real?" And all of a sudden he burst into a wheezy laugh, the kind where he waas visibly holding his chest in order to not choke on it. Oh god, oh god, it felt like his heart was about to burst! He was going to die! Haha!

And then he suddenly stopped. He just stared at her wide eyed at the realization.

"Oh god. You are. Holy fucking shit dude." He didn't sound like he was laughing now. No, it was more inbetween frankly horrified and utterly shocked.

"Okay, ummm..." Shit, was she like a kid or something? I mean, she was cute as hell, but this didn't feel right. "I mean, it's not like I'm some sadistic freak who gets off others pain. If you got hurt by someone else, I'd probably be upset."

Okay, he was bullshitting here, he'd actually probably not care at all. But it might make her feel better? So maybe he did care a bit.

"I just figure anyone could use a friend, yknow? No pain or conditions attached."
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 12:39:32 AM by francobull3 »

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 03, 2019, 12:49:50 AM »
Aruna

Aruna glared at him.  "So you get mad at me for laughing at you, then you start laughing at me.....  Typical human, what a hypocrite...."

The demon stood up again, placing a finger on her cheek, letting her thoughts wander.  Basically, he got jumped by an evil demon, was told he was not worth eating and now wants to be her friend.  What could he possibly.....  No. It wasn't worth thinking so hard about.

She moved in closer, so close that the only distance between her lips and his was a thin layer of air.  "Well I like pain," she said, flashing her fangs.  "Well I am a sadistic freak who gets off to pain.  In fact, I love pain so much that the souls that taste the best to me are the ones steeped in it.  I suppose I don't mind acknowledging this bond we have, but tell me what you desire.  I must know."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 03, 2019, 01:59:11 AM »
Yang Xiao Long

Woah woah woah woah! Slow down, slow down! He knew it, she was trying to come onto him! Playing the innocent bird and getting him all soft and bothered, only to strike when he let his guard down. Good grief, why were all the cute ones always so difficult, and what was up with a question like this out of the blue anyways!? The more he thought about it, the more he was starting to turn red around the ears.

I want lotsa money!
      I want cute girls to massage my feet!       
I want to drink and party and karaoke all day!
          I want to laze around and get fed grapes for doing that!           
I want to be famous!
         I want to live 100 years AND have all my daughters pay a visit when I'm on my hospital bed!
                     I want that super rare Rock n Roll vynil disc!                         
   I want one of those Angel district whatsitsface girls to smooch me all over on the cheeks!

"I'm a simple man! If it's in this world, I sure as hell want it! I sure-"

As he said that, an image from long ago flashed in his mind. Lights surrounding him and his opponent, the cheers of thousands... and the kick that sealed the end of his dream.

I wanna be number one.

"Heh, I mean... not much." His eyes suddenly turned a bit darker, and he looked away for a second. There was death in his gaze. No, rather, those were the eyes of someone who had died once. "Besides, trash like me has no business wanting anything fancy. If something is worth coveting-"

He clenched his fist and pointed it to the sky, raised against the moon.

"Then get it with your own damn hands. If you can't even do that much, then that dream is nothing more than wishful thinking. Useless trash that'll just drag you down."

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 05, 2019, 02:19:55 AM »
Aruna

Aruna's eyes narrowed into a glare.  Although it was not one of anger, but curiosity.  "You smell bitter.  I can't say its a pleasant one.  No its not bitter but bitter sweet....  I wonder if that is how you taste...."

The demon finally took a step back, placing a hand on her hip.  "And you didn't answer my question," she said with a raised eyebrow.  "You speak so earnestly yet you smell so bitter.  I didn't ask for vague idealism, I want to know the core of your being..."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 05, 2019, 03:03:56 AM »
Yang Xiao Long

"Wha? I don't think I smell that bad..." He raised his arm and sniffed. Yep, not that horrible. He furrowed his eyes at the girl. "Quit yapping about nonsense. Besides, people aren't so one dimensional you can just tell what someone is the first time you meet em. What do I look like, a prophet? Gosh, this is way too much philo for one night..."

He shook his head and rubbed his temple like he had a headache. "Well, fine. I guess if I had to spell it out, I guess I -"

Drrrrrrrrrrringggggg! Drrrrrrrrrrrringgggggggggg!

A ringing sound interrupted him before he could finish. He glanced down at his pocket and opened up the flip phone. "Oh shit... sorry, one moment."

He was used to getting calls for work related shit, but if he was getting a call from that mumber, that meant shit was serious. He okayed it and brought it to his ear, turning from the chick for a moment. He was all vulnerable and open as he took the call. "Yeah? What's wrong A?"

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 06, 2019, 09:38:47 PM »
Aruna

Aruna opened her mouth, only to be interrupted by him making a phone call.  She was about to tell him that she was a centuries old demon who had her five senses in tune with a person's soul, but he seemed more interested in that stupid device called a phone.  Despite many creatures of the dark fearing things such as guns and blades, the most powerful weapons the light generated were always methods of communication, ways for humans to more easily pass messages to each other.  Although, she found all these things annoying.  Just as she got used to one method, another was created, all with new cultures and such attached to them.  She felt like an old woman.

"It better be important," she muttered under her breath.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 07, 2019, 02:37:50 PM »
Yang Xiao Long

"Pffft. Yeah, how could I not. Sorry, but I'm still not a bit bullfighting guy. Anyways, what about him? He hasn't scampered off and betrayed you guys or something, has he?" He never could stand the ass-hole anyways.  But suddenly, he raised an eyebrow.

"Bah, sounds like he's too busy jacking it to his own reflection or something. Or maybe he's sleeping. It's hard work being a champion I hear, not that I'd know." He shrugged, but all of a suddenly he exploded. "Huh!? What the fuck does that mean? What the fuck? Are you making fun of me? Huh? Huh!? You little shit, I'm gonna- oh okay. Huh huh. Sounds cool. No, make it for three while you're at it. What the fuck! No! No way! Just... ugh, whatever. Fine I'll wipe your butt for you. Should I lick your toes while I'm at it? God damn it."

He clicked the phone off... and sulked darkly, as if there was a dark cloud over his head, before turning to the cute probably crazy chick.

"Fucking spiders. Can't you find someone else to crawl in the shadows? One of my employers. Looks like I gotta work... urghhhh." His sace scumpled into a despaired little expression.

"It's not even the fun kind where I get to bash faces in. What did I do to deserve this?"

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 07, 2019, 10:06:28 PM »
Aruna

The demon simply sighed at the man's complaint.  Dealing with him was going to be a lot of energy.  If he wasn't such a nice human, she would have already left by now.  "I think its because you decided to interupt someone by talking on the phone," she said, folding her arms over her chest.

So was he some sort of gangster?  He was no cop, so it had to be something like that.  This whole thing was making her curious.  Who was his boss and what were they planning?

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 13, 2019, 01:05:24 AM »
Yang Xiao Long

"Hey, not my fault. An emergency call's an emergency call. What if it was my granny who just fell down the stairs? Huh?" He shook his head, causing the fluff of his hair to swing back and forth before settling down.

"Well, not that it'd happen. Anyways, fact is I like the skin on my body. Hrmmm..." He paused for a second, looked at her from bottom to top, then top to bottom, then put a finger on his chin and thought some more. Until a light bulb visibly lit up above his skull.

"You mind helping me with it? It shouldn't be too hard, just a quick look around. I'll buy ya dinner to repay the favor." He bowed his head and put his hands together. "Pleeeease? Pretty please?"

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 13, 2019, 09:47:00 PM »
Aruna

Aruna frowned as the man sized her up.  At his proposal, her eyes widened.  "So what you want me to rub my skin on you?  I may be a demon, but i'm not a cheap prostitute.  I'm an expensive one.  My body can do whatever a human needs it to do.  Its going to cost way more than dinner."

She folded her arms over her chest, just to block the view.  "Tell me human, what do you have to offer to me?"

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 13, 2019, 09:49:46 PM »
Yang Xiao Long

"Wait wha? N-no. That's not what I meant..." He blinked incredulously at her, while his ears started to turn red. "Um, wha? W-why would you think I'd ask something gross like that? Gee? I may not look like it, but I'm not the kind to go for something like that before paying for dinner, you know? I'm more of a love guy myself..."

He rubbed the back of his head and looked away.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 15, 2019, 01:46:45 PM »
Aruna

"So what i'm not worth it?" she grumbled.  "I've never understood human dating practices.  Buy the woman dinner and hope you get intercourse as a result.  Its always seemed the same as prostitution.  I mean isn't that just another form of payment for sex?"

The demon shook her head.  "I guess thats not the point.  What are you asking me?"

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 19, 2019, 11:47:14 PM »
Yang

"E-eh? That's not what I'm saying at all..." He blinked incredulously at her. "Don't get me wrong, I'm just wondering if you could watch my back while I figure this mess out. It'd be pretty swell of you. Besides, don't you kinda owe me one? You did try to punk me..."

He still felt kind of chilly about that earlier stunt.

"We just gotta check up on some guy's place."

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 20, 2019, 08:13:20 PM »
Aruna

Aruna stared at Yang for a moment, leaning forward, her head inches from his.  Then, she frowned, folded her arms and said, "I suppose that is fair.  I will help you with this small favor.  Then we will be even."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 21, 2019, 12:45:53 AM »
Yang Xiao Long

"Hehe. I'm glad you agreed." He grinned heartily and closed his eyes. Something about his expression was innocent and cute as a kid at Christmas. But wait, something was wrong. "Hold up... shoot, right. I totally forgot."

For a moment, his expression was completely serious.

"Sorry, it's really bad. I shouldn't have done it, I really shouldn't have. Urgh..." He glanced away and rubbed the back of his head in embarrassment.