Author Topic: The Slums  (Read 19219 times)

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: The Slums
« Reply #420 on: July 31, 2020, 03:25:38 AM »
A-702

"Bullshit you didn't." He quickly snapped his eyes at Suerte, shooting her down faster than Clint Eastwood or Lucky Luke. But that was nothing compared to the hand that snapped to grab the man's wrist before it could clutch to his clothes. He was fast... and strong too. As fast and strong as Justice.

He didn't need to play the weak damsel right now anyways.

"And don't fucking touch me. If you weren't so busy obsessing over those two dead shitters, I would have told you how to deal with this."
He slapped his hand away with a dry scowl.

Yet he betrayed a cracked smile at Justice. One that was more sincere than before.

"Then again, if you listened more and bitched less, you'd have gotten what I just told you into your thick skull. I'm not trying to get you two into another fight. I'm trying to get you two in the building. How else are we going to free the other ones? Like I said, the ones down there are just like me. The rest of the answers... they're in there, not here." He tapped at his temple.

This was the easy part. Thanks to the two of them, the strongest in the organization had fallen. Either way, they were pretty much safe.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 31, 2020, 03:48:23 AM »
Justice

There was no resistance to Justice's hand being slapped away, and no response. Not a grunt of anger even from Punishment, next to them. The Rider's unfazed stare had, at this point, changed substance. It was no longer of made unflappable patience, but instead of bone-deep, sorely unimpressed fatigue.

"Get us into the building, to see something you would rather show us but not speak of, to get answers you know are there but can't name yourself, to save people you say are there while leaving the ones in risk right now for later, or never. Did you already forget how you were appealing to my morals just now? You're not stupid. Don't pretend like you think that highly of yourself. I didn't keep you alive to be fed such rubbish."

He shook his head and dragged a gloved hand through his face.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: July 31, 2020, 04:21:22 AM »
Suerte

Suerte stopped talking.  Staring at the two of them, she frowned.  The anger on her face had subsided and all that was left was sadness.  Even so, she kept her hand wrapped around the butt of her gun, ready to act at any moment.  Although she was not entirely sure of what she would do.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: July 31, 2020, 05:17:12 AM »
Justice

There was no resistance to Justice's hand being slapped away, and no response. Not a grunt of anger even from Punishment, next to them. The Rider's unfazed stare had, at this point, changed substance. It was no longer of made unflappable patience, but instead of bone-deep, sorely unimpressed fatigue.

"Get us into the building, to see something you would rather show us but not speak of, to get answers you know are there but can't name yourself, to save people you say are there while leaving the ones in risk right now for later, or never. Did you already forget how you were appealing to my morals just now? You're not stupid. Don't pretend like you think that highly of yourself. I didn't keep you alive to be fed such rubbish."

He shook his head and dragged a gloved hand through his face.

Spidey

"They're data logs. More reliable than the words of a killer who'd chop up his friends like sushi. Words and thoughts I can't recollect because they were stripped from my memory banks. Some I can only recollect slightly because I managed to snatch them back. A lot of them were plans the boss was trying to implement. And like I said, I'm trying to free the other ones in there. I got shot thrice in one day, but you don't see me moaning like I just got out of Elizabeth's dresser. And I'm just not the type to start giving a heartfelt confession or start justifying myself, so give it a rest."

He glanced at the girl. Noticing her expression, for a moment, he grew concerned. "I told you guys, I'm not letting anyone die. Not the kids outside, not the ones inside, and not us. So what is it? Truth or Justice? What do you really care about?"

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 31, 2020, 02:53:29 PM »
Justice

He rolled his eyes at Spidey like he was dealing with a stubborn child. Had that been so difficult to say? The Rider let the weight of the discussion roll to a stop in his gut. It was never pleasant to deal with those that dealt with everything circuitously - even if it was for the sake of survival. But he decided that when this worked out, he'd give Spidey less of a hard time over it. If it worked out.

"There's no choice to make," he rumbled, free of animosity. "You said it yourself. If you won't let anyone die, then we'll get them and the truth out."
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: July 31, 2020, 08:03:45 PM »
Suerte

Suerte looked at Spidey, then at Justice.  "So then are we going along still?" she asked.  "Are we going to finish the mission or are we abandoning it here?"

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 02, 2020, 04:58:31 AM »
A-702

"It's the only thing left to do for me." For a moment, he looked flustered and glanced away.

They could never understand. It was better that way, the truth wasn't so tidy or pretty that there were words to spit it out with. It was... too disgusting for his heart to experience twice.

"The mission was just to get the killer to them. Now that my cover's blown, you could probably use me as a chip to clear your name. Are you sure you're not going to dip?" Fot a second, he hesitated. "Truth or justice? If you had to choose only one, which one would you grab?"

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 03, 2020, 02:07:36 AM »
Justice

Justice looked back, eyebrows softly raised. Unimpressed and something else. "Why would I want to cut a deal with a volatile and unstrustworthy group that's tried to kill us three times in the last day, irrespective of the circumstances for why?"

He shook his head and crouched over the end of the roof, popping his stiff neck. "It's not my style to get the truth handed to me. Let's do this."

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 04, 2020, 01:49:14 AM »
Suerte

"Truth or Justice huh?" she said, parroting his words. 

Suerte walked past both of them, letting the wind carry her long flowing hair.  One hand on her belt and her gaze drifting beyond the horizon, she looked back at the two.  "You know spidey.  We are cowboys.  We live free, choosing our own path.  So long as we know the consequences, it doesn't really matter to me.  I'm just...."

The cowgirl began drifting off of the edge of the roof, winking at the two just before she started her decent.  The wind from her fall blasted her outfit upwards and she let out a small giggle. 

"Chasing a feeling."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 16, 2020, 02:33:46 AM »
Spidey

He blinked at them, incredulous. Were they... seriously...

"Assholes." He looked away and blushed. "Fine, let's do this. Suerte, you can make any bullet you want right? So you can make something like a bullet that fires silently and slowly?" He glanced at her, his mind already at work to devise a plan. "Something that can cross a distance slowly and quietly, without being too flashy. You can make a shot like that, right?"

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 18, 2020, 03:24:31 AM »
Suerte

"Its called a silent bullet hun," she said, her face turned back so that he could only see one eye and the side of her smirk as she strutted forward.  Her hips swayed confidently from side to side as she pulled her twin pistols from their holster.  "Where ya want me to shoot?"

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 19, 2020, 02:05:50 AM »
Justice

He fell with them, letting the wind and Spidey's webs carry them to the ground and the cover of night. Punishment shook its head, protesting the stretched wait to mayhem, but made no sound. Justice waited, hefting his gun and sword. The feathers clinging to his armor shook slightly in the breeze, as unnatural as a metal sculpture bending like cloth.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 22, 2020, 12:10:41 AM »
Spidey

"Right there." As he landed, he crawled like a christmas gremlin so he'd sit on her shoulder. The spider held Suerte's hand gently and pointed the gun to the rooftop. "But before that, I need to tinker with the bullet a bit. I'm going to attach a string to it. As long as we can have it impact slowly, we can use it like a grappling hook and walk slowly till we're up there. After that, it'll just be basic infiltration and assassination."

It didn't look like it immediately, but as he glanced at the two, you could see he was sweating. "Do you think you can handle it?" He focused his gaze on Justice.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 22, 2020, 12:23:31 AM »
Justice

"Underestimating each other is getting a little old," he answered. Sliding the sword back to its chain, the pistol to its holster, he squeezed his hands into fists and out, unwinding them, and proceeded to pat Punishment's flank solidly. "Be patient, pal."

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 22, 2020, 01:47:33 AM »
Suerte

Suerte looked at Spidey, as if she didn't even need to look to hit her target.  "Let me give you a tip spidey.  When your helping a woman handle something, you want to use a gentle touch unless you know she really likes it rough.  I take it I need to fire after Justice, mask my quiet bullet under his?"

As she spoke, she yanked spidey's hand onto her own.