Author Topic: The Slums  (Read 19274 times)

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: The Slums
« Reply #450 on: September 13, 2020, 10:19:24 PM »
Spidey

His shark teeth chattered in a maniacal grin, as he jumped and twirled dramatically. His strings danced and zipped like tentacles, lashing out to form seven spears that circled around him.

"JUSTICE!! YOU GET TO PICK THE SPECIAL ATTACK NAME!!"

Rotating around the three, the string lances zipped and shit into the gate, drilling and expanding into a flurry of string slashes to make the door more and more brittle - for one last shot.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: September 13, 2020, 10:46:28 PM »
Justice

The bullets cracked and shook the structure, the strings drove wedges through the pieces of the lock and the pressurized rods that connected the door to the wall.

"Really?" He asked, skeptical through the deafening symphony. But then his eyes shone. "Then PERISH."

The bright glare sent a torrent of devastation crashing into the obstacle, pushing the sword named Absolution in an unstoppable march forward. Roaring, shuddering such that every rivet in the pillars and windows of this floor partially unwound, it ate the pitiful barrier until it gave with a gigantic slam.

Light and sound and dust burst into the other side, and the two halves of the door tumbled in like hurled bricks, ruined and crinkled. Their rolling and bouncing echoed a few times inside, distant to the trio. Justice swung his hissing weapon to the side, fumes tracking its length, and dismissed the titanic form with a huff.

"Ladies and sticky boys first."
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 10:49:06 PM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: September 13, 2020, 10:52:50 PM »
Suerte

Emerging from the choas was a single cowboy boot.  Clouds of smoke emanated from her arms and back as if she herself were steaming.  A hand pressed down on her hat, a shadow cast over her eyes, but a smile beaming to replace that presence.

"Personally I like trinity," she said, pointing the barrel of her gun to the ceiling.  "What about you spidey?"

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: September 13, 2020, 10:55:18 PM »
Spidey

Spidey posted cooly, twinkling from the sheer badassery of that combo attack. They totally had that door, wrecked its shit too.

Then the two just had to get him out of the zone and make him embarrassed of all things.

"Huh? I thought the name was Ladies and sticky boys first. It sounded kind of weird, but I thought that was cool." He looked away shyly, thinking they were making fun of him for not getting something.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: September 13, 2020, 11:24:15 PM »
Justice

He swallowed a chuckle, hooking his sword back into place, and found himself stretching his hand, checking Pity's weight in its holder just to be sure. It was just right.

"No, that's more like a Band name," Justice said. He waited for Spidey to take the lead, letting the smoke of their stunt blow past.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: September 13, 2020, 11:49:02 PM »
Suerte

"Yeah Justice is right, sounds like a band," Suerte said, holstering her gun once again.

Scanning through the room, she noticed the room was essentially empty if you didn't account for the tied up hostages in the center of the room several meters in front of them.  There was a massive TV to the side of them that was essentially the wall itself.  A table with test tubes was the only other furniture for the room and it rested on the opposite side of the TV.

"Oh lord have mercy. They have a TV," she said, walking over to the hostages and beginning to unwrap them.  "This means we either get to watch HBO while we work, or someone is going to talk our ear off.  Let me unwrap the hostages.  I'm better suited for traps and the like.  Make sure no one strong gets in while I am getting them free."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: September 14, 2020, 12:12:38 AM »
Spidey

What was the source of this uneasy feeling? Soon, the sound of static buzzed, and the black screen lit up with a message.

--STAY TUNED--

For an important announcement from your employer.

The spider started to sweat slightly, and only tried to smile. "Oh, I'd rather Netflix." Sadly, this wasn't what was happening. Instead, a lithe old man appeared on the screen, wearing an expensive but unkept turtleneck. He looked as if he hadn't left his place for years. Unshaved, unkept, and pale as a ghost. Was this... the boss?

"It has been a while since I had a visitor. I am quite thrilled."

SLAM!

The buzzers went off, and the room closed off through a gap between the gate hinges. Unlike before, this gate would be tougher to break out of. Even if they could, they probably wouldn't be able to do it all at once.

"This sorry facility was once the testing ground for the Vanguard project. It's where we developed our first enhancement drugs. Soporil, a drug you must have heard of, was also tested in this facility. Our most promising soldiers and scientists were run through my gauntlet to ascertain their suitability. Let us see how suitable you are."

The screen flashed to static once more, and a timer flashed. Five seconds. But... for what?

"Suerte! Wai-"

That's when the numbers on the hostage's necks crossed Suerte's line of sight, and one of them moved to grab Suerte's hand immediately. About ten 'hostages'. Five seconds. Plenty of time.

STATISTICS:

STR CLASS - INCREDIBLE

AGI CLASS - INCREDIBLE

CON CLASS - INCREDIBLE
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 12:15:34 AM by Kotomine_Rin »

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: September 15, 2020, 01:36:21 AM »
Justice

He wasn't too slow to react. Never too slow, even when it was no guarantee. If lightning was going to fall on his head, he would smell the ozone before the flash. But Suerte was too far, the hostages too close, and his body was still lead, not lightning.

Justice had drawn his gun and instantly popped off a shot towards the one that tried to grab her, a non-lethal hit to the reaching arm. He was running next, charging at them, and blasted the taunting screen with two other shots as he went.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: September 15, 2020, 02:20:08 AM »
Suerte

Suerte's eyes widened as the bullet grazed her body, the rippling wind sliding across her body and fluttering her top.  "Told you," she said with a sigh.  "Still, I was hoping for HBO.  Ah well, I hear game of thrones is a bit overrated, something about the ending or whatever?"

Reaching for her holster, she slid back, hips pushed back and ready to take aim at the next thing that tried to attack her or Justice.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: September 17, 2020, 10:33:24 PM »
The Test Fodder

The bullets shot into their bodies, some even groaned in pain. But they didn't stop. Their eyes were almost empty, like a doll's. Even when they tried to rush hopelessly at the woman, even when others  removed their lab vests to reveal explosives attached to them.

Spidey

His eyes darted, and as soon as they found their mark - the strings shot to cut what was in their way. The explosives were the real danger here, so he focused on the ones closes to Suerte.

"No need to hold back. They're just dolls without a shred of consciousness." Despite his usual nervous attitude, and the sweat on his face at the moment, he didn't look surprised.

His eyes were cold. Just like back then.

An unknown number of years ago.

In the mid-18th century, accepting the hospitality of women in the southern mountain regions of China presented an unusual risk. People told tales of women who seduced travelers, feeding men meals laced with a powerful poison known as gu poison to keep their lovers from returning to their homes in the north.

Gu poison, so the stories went, was collected by sealing venomous snakes, scorpions, and centipedes in a jar and forcing them to fight and devour each other. The surviving creature containing a concentrated toxin. Gu poison was considered a slow-acting poison. It was said to have no taste, allowing unsuspecting victims to go about their normal lives for as long as 10 days before they started feeling ill.

Many years ago, in this very lab, a series of Gu rituals took place. No, even calling them that was too kind. This place was nothing more than a factory.

"..."

The spider stood over a web of decimated test weaponry and turrets, cleaved and cut along with those who manned them. The terminals and cameras watched over this feat, but only one man oversaw the result.

"Excellent. Most excellent. Your performance is befitting of an A-series class model. If you keep this up, you might just be able to rival our Z-class models."

A-347's eyes narrowed, and he looked down at his work dispassionately. The more tests he was put through, the more of those visions flashed in his head. But... could they be true? Was this why all of them had to be dragged into this uncaring meat factory?

"But I don't understand one thing, boy. That woman manning the turret, she was the one who showed you kindness in the labs. The test subjects you just trampled on, they were your comrades. And yet you showed no hesitation. Why?"

The sole survivor cracked a smile and looked up at the terminal with an ironic look.

"They're not people. They're just dolls that happened to fall in my web."

The spider's eyes never looked so furious. Without the slightest hesitation he grit his teeth and launched himself against the giant screen, and kicked the crack where the bullet crashed. Suddenly, cracks grew and expanded across the glass, and blew all accross the room. What was behind the screen... was a black pit, leading downwards. It looked like an elevator's hangar.

He grabbed onto the wire and roared with all his might.

"FOLLOW ME, QUICKLY!!"

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: September 18, 2020, 10:33:25 PM »
Justice

He bit down on his commentary and bent his knees before launching himself at the pit. He held the trigger and released it as he fell into the darkness, pointed over his shoulder, letting loose an explosive impact between them and the bomb-rigged hostages.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: September 19, 2020, 04:48:20 PM »
Suerte

Suerte offered the hostages a somber glance, eyes soft and a frown before tipping her hat over her head to obscure her face in shadow.  "I hope you all are alive when we come back," she said, leaping into the abyss where the television once stood.  "Sorry about your friends!"

Wind pushed up Suerte's miniskirt, filling the space with a loud flapping noise.  "Spidey!  Next time use a little more compassion when freeing hostages," she said.  "Mercy is a sign of skill!  And be a gentlemen and don't look up!"

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: September 19, 2020, 05:10:09 PM »
Spidey

He swung acrobatically once they slid down to a low enough floor, and he advanced through the secret halls and dark corridors, machinery exposed and cracking with electricity as if they were already cleaved by something else. However, when the fork split, he took the unused routes, which showed little sign of damage.

"Dude, I'm the killer. Do I look like I have mercy to spare? Go take your compassion, and shove it up your-"

Suddenly, he jumped off his running course and dodged an explosion at the last second. Being at the lead meant he'd be the one having to face the mines and triggers, but it's not like he was trying to set them off. Plenty of traps and explosions for the babies to deal with. Not that it wasn't a run in the park, after all, they had been through.

He sighed, constantly moving forward.

"Besides, those are test units, not hostages. Did they look like they were hesitating to blow your brains off?" He pointed to the vents around them. "The building's the front, but this labyrinth is what connects the main testing chambers. There's plenty of ways to sneak around here, but all the corridors lead the same way."

He looked dispassionate, but there was some concern to his voice, even while more bombs and triggered traps were in their way.

"Don't you get hit by those. If you die I'll kill you myself!" He sounded a bit concerned, but even here there wasn't any of that goody two-shoes act. That's because the caring part of his performance... wasn't an act. "Have you guys watched the Cube?"

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: September 19, 2020, 05:28:25 PM »
Justice

"No," he said. Shaking his head, absently shaking dust from his coat as they carried on, the cacophony of traps sounded like a a trail of bells ahead of them that led to the underworld, Justice thought. "But demons really like death trap puzzle mazes, so doesn't seem very different. Easier when you can cheat."

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: September 19, 2020, 09:49:45 PM »
Suerte

"No I haven't seen it, but don't worry we won't die."

Suerte giggled as she placed her arms at her side and straightened her legs, dive bombing past both of them.  Still holding onto her gun in her hand, she mindlessly pulled the trigger of the gun, each bullet bouncing mindlessly through the corridor.  Each trap she approached was struck by the bullets, causing explosions to clear her path.  "Follow me!"