Author Topic: Pine Garden  (Read 50785 times)

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Pine Garden
« Reply #1290 on: July 25, 2020, 02:13:18 AM »
A-702

"Heh. You don't look surprised. Then again, I lost my cool earlier. Did you suspect me then?" He stared at Justice straight in the eye with a cool and collected expression.

Like a cold, cold thing that hadn't sought warmth in years. A killer? At the very least, he didn't hide the fact he had taken lives before. And yet, he sighed.

"But no. That's not it at all. Whatever that man saw, it was enough to incriminate all three of us. I didn't want him to confuse you into having us suspect one another."

Despite all that good talk of not suspecting one another, the gleams on the ground soon revealed spikes made of strings hiding in between the tiles, stretched to pounce like arrows at any moment... pointed at the gunman. Had he weaved this too while the two were fighting? ...All in case he was attacked by Justice? If so, then why?

"You should be able to tell. I don't have any grudge or bad blood with you two."

Truth and lie. Lie and truth. Truthfully, he hadn't exactly lied to them in the first place. But every good lie has a bit of truth in it as well.

So was he lying? And if so, where did it start? And where did it end?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 02:18:17 AM by Kotomine_Rin »

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: July 25, 2020, 02:18:36 AM »
Justice

"None of you are any good at subtlety," he said. There was no discomfort in his stance, despite the blood still clouding his right eye. "You don't need to harbour ill intent to use others. And drop your trap. Those won't kill me. You know that. I'll put a bullet in your skull first and then Punishment will eat your face."
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: July 25, 2020, 02:48:18 AM »
Suerte

Suerte took a deep breath and lowered her gun.  "Its alirght Justice.  Didn't you hear what he said?  He doesn't want to hurt us.  That was just to protect us," she said, holstering her gun.  "Cmon Spidey don't get in the way of interogation scenes like that.  We have to find someone else to capture now."

Suerte turned to Justice.  "C'mon put your gun away."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: July 25, 2020, 02:52:38 AM »
A-702

"You should listen to her yknow? She's got the right idea. Besides, you told me I should value myself more." He raised a brow at Justice's remark... and laughed. A tired, almost surrendered laugh. "It's easier if I show you. Better than giving your pony indigestion here."

Despite all that, he looked like there was no difference if he lived or died. Not anymore.

He won.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: July 25, 2020, 03:05:10 AM »
Justice

He thought about it, turning over every accusatory doubt behind his unflinching eyes, clicking his jaw and rolling his teeth against each other. After a long, heavy second, he cast a look at the infernal steed and sent it a curt shake of the head.

Punishment growled like an elephant-sized ratel and dropped Spidey's arm, while Justice holstered his gun. Sighing, he offered Spidey a hand. "No more detours."
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 03:06:08 AM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: July 25, 2020, 03:12:17 AM »
Suerte

Suerte held out her arms and walked towards Spidey.  "Sure but give me a hug first," she said, smiling at him, finally wrapping her arms around his lower back and pressing her breasts into his face.  "I think we both need one."

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: July 25, 2020, 03:18:02 AM »
Aruna

Aruna slipped into the portal beneath them as the fell, once again arriving in the basement.  He could see them, smell them, hear their souls screaming.  Yes that was what his soul senses allowed him to do.  It was time to wait for the right chance to strike.  Lulu would carry his burden of battle and he would down the beast known as Zeke when the chance provided itself.

"Well I hate to admit it, but i've been taking her for granted until now...." he said, Aruna's voice echoing through the half built remains of the building.  "I didn't think you cared so much about my wellbeing.  This mean you've learned to find the human within that collective mind of yours?"

Zeke was right.  The angel and demon working together... it was truly something amazing.  Why did he close his eyes to this for so long?

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: July 25, 2020, 03:39:26 AM »
Spidey

"Yeah." He picked Justice's hand and accepted it with a warm expression. Then, he dragged him closer to Suerte...

"This is kind of embarassing, even for me. You know..." FOr a second, he looked away and flushed.

Only to initiate the group hug.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: July 25, 2020, 04:05:36 AM »
Zeke

Oho! The impact's recoil blew him back a few feet, but what rattled his shell wasn't the feeling of flesh against flesh. He didn't even see it. No, it was just like her. Maybe even faster. Before he could react, a boot crashed on his skull and brought him on his knees, face down on the floor. His body looked limp...

Yet it turned its cracked head to look up.

"I guess that's one way to put it."  He looked away in embarrassment while a piece of his coat opened its maw to talk for him. Thinking about his humanity made him flush a little, it wasn't the sort of thing he was just going to boast nilly willy.

Which was why he then turned to the angel.

"What makes you think I even have it, missy? I had to deal with the vampire king's gluttonous appetite for fashion. A trinket like that is worth a hefty price... put two and two together." He tapped a finger on his temple while smiling smugly. Indeed, he wasn't lying.

A dark aura seeped from his core.

"Shame, it made a pretty good armpit trimmer. But I guess that's what that sword's for now, huh." He stretched and readied for their offense. If she was this fast, then it wouldn't be all that hard to adjust his timing. He'd have to go all out this time.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 04:14:09 AM by Kotomine_Rin »

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: July 26, 2020, 05:24:33 PM »
Justice

"Oof." He grumbled. His voice was casual again, not impressed with the rusted yet impossibly sharpened enmity of millennia, but he accepted the embrace only in a consciously mechanical fashion. Coldly, or perhaps warily.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: July 26, 2020, 08:18:36 PM »
Suerte

Suerte finally pulled away from the hug, smiled and said, "Alright Spidey.  Go on.  Now that the tension is gone and we are square, tell Justice what he wants to hear."

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: July 26, 2020, 08:34:04 PM »
Lulu

"Oh is that so?" Her eyebrow rose slightly at that answer, it was quite bizarre coming from this creature and she would check it shortly. Meanwhile her blade subtly turned around behind him until the edge was pointed towards his back.

"Then I will just have to see for myself."

In the moment the full brunt of her mind slammed into him like a battering ram. She could be more delicate but she didn't really care about well being anymore. She would verify the truth by going through his memories, starting with the most recent ones, and she would find it, even if she had to grind his memories out of him one by one.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: July 26, 2020, 11:10:58 PM »
Aruna

He knows something Lulu.  He knows more about me than me.  We need to detain him.

Aruna stood firm, watching the battle.  The key to a battle like this was wait until it was the time to strike.  Quality not quantity, waiting for the critical point to strike.  Aruna began quietly chanting, preparing a special spell to help Lulu if she needed it.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: July 27, 2020, 04:10:56 AM »
Zeke

Zeke just shifted cooly from the point of the blade even without looking at it. No, he could see it. Just in his own way. "Nice try, but it won't - GHRKAAAAAAAGHKHHH!!!!!!"

But he couldn't see this coming.

"Too deep...too fast... gkhhhkkkhrrrrrhhhh!!! Arkhhhhjgkck..!"
His coat sparked and changed shapes again and again rapidly. His shadows, his organisms, his very innards... it was as if it were a living breathing darkness that had just been electrocuted over and over again. Whatever he wanted to say didn't even sound like conscious language any longer, let alone human intonation. He fell on the floor with eyes that threatened to roll back and forth like pinball machines, and a black foam that started rippling from every single hole in his face.

Just kidding.

He clawed at the ground, gasping and smashing his face on the floor. Once. Twice. He slammed his skull on the ground as if to get her away. I truly...dislike... peeping toms. And by the third slam, a sudden explosion burst him forward to beat the life out of the angel, desperately propelling him forward to rip her to shreds. He wasn't so bold as to plan something to take this telepath down. Instead, he opted he'd probably figure something out on the fly while he kept her busy. But the splitting headache he was feeling wasn't a lie. Such formidable mental prowess...

Get. Out.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 04:12:01 AM by Kotomine_Rin »

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: July 27, 2020, 10:13:53 PM »
Lulu

"Whoops."

Lulu slid to the side and out of the way from his charge, the energy buildup made it all to predictable, especially when she was already reading his thoughts.

"Hmm lets see now..." She said as she begun pulling out his most recent memory of what he had done before he had come here. Meanwhile the glowing sword shot after him and was ready to skewer him the moment he slowed down.