Author Topic: Pine Garden  (Read 46315 times)

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Re: Pine Garden
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2019, 01:11:22 AM »
Aruna

Aruna turned away from the busty blond, staring at the ground.  "I see... then I must be evil," she said.  "I wasn't true to myself and I paid.  Do... do you still want to hang around someone who is evil?"

The demon stared at the blond.

Break

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2019, 01:18:50 AM »
Nero

Puzzled, the empress tilted her head.

"What are you talking about? You just told me about your regret, you were honest just seconds ago, were you not? So do not be silly, lass."

She smiled back at the redhead, her smile bright like the sun.

"Umu! You are just fine."

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2019, 01:30:38 AM »
Aruna

Aruna tilted her head and said, "What?  How can you be so sure?  You just met me." 

Break

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2019, 01:33:08 AM »
Nero

"Why would i doubt you? If i end up beeing wrong about you, i might regret it. If i had ignored you, i definately would have regretted it. And I do not want to regret anything. My mistakes, my failures, they're all me."

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2019, 01:36:40 AM »
Aruna

The demon stopped, the sound of her wings flapping in the sky being the only sound that could be heard between the two.  It was annoying.  This girl wouldn't have made the same mistake she did.  Floating here, talking to her, she just felt stupid.

"Yeah.  That makes sense...."

Why was it so hard for her to do that the first time?  After all that boasting, how stupid could a demon get?

"I guess, at the very least, I am me too.  You know, I think I was wrong.  Your not stupid, just a weirdo."

Break

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2019, 04:39:09 AM »
Nero

"Uh.... thanks, i.. guess?"

Cocking her head, slightly puzzled at the demonette's tangent, Nero turned back around, pointing toward a marble rooftop in the distance.

"It's not too far now, let's go!"

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2019, 12:21:26 AM »
Justice
Pine Garden, 10:00 AM

A few things hadn't gone unnoticed for Justice in the short time he'd been here, and then the day and half since meeting his new roommate. Dubious living disparities from one district to the next, but also within, and the many that took advantage of these gaps to enrich themselves, for a couple of them.

As a consequence of these, there was no shortage of industries specialized in the production and distribution of instruments of death, cold and loud and hand-portable. But these were not suited for what he wanted this morning. No, what he wanted was a place that knew personalized, custom weapons, built and maintained in a specialized environment. A place that catered to bounty hunters, to monster killers, and people like him. He had a feeling there were one or two around, and he was right.

The sign outside read "Lucky Arms", and the tanned, curly haired lady behind the counter had scratched, thick arms that spoke of decades of gun-handling and metalworking.

Justice grunted in acnowledgement, and with a metallic swish withdrew both his massive sword and his absurd gun, depositing them both across the counter with twin thunks. There was... another thing, but these were his priority for the moment.

"I need these cleaned up and maintained, and I'll take the materials to do it myself later," he said, nodding.

The lady's eyebrows arched up as she reached for the weapons.

"Not a time waster, are ya? Welcome to the shop, by the by" she said, and picked up Pity, turning it in her hand - with some effort - until she could slide the cylinder out. The shopkeep opened her mouth like she was about to gasp as it rolled metallically. "A ten-shooter? Eesh. Who even does that for this caliber..."

The rider shrugged while she observed the weapon in-between shooting him inquiring glances. She was surprised, but not too surprised - more like amazed. Perhaps he could still make good calls after all.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 01:07:47 AM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2019, 04:00:11 AM »
Aruna

Aruna merely smiled at Nero's confusion, amused at the thought of a human ruler being so willing to so openly express their own confusion.  Perhaps this whole excursion would be fun after all.

Shooting ahead like a rocket, she almost ran into the extravagently decorated walls of the house.  Instead, she halted her flight path, staring up at the building, even as she floated far above the gound.  The ancient architecture looked completely out of place in a modern human city, but the design gave her a strange sense of nostalgia.  There was a strange akward growing period for the humans, just as they found themselves high on the power of light.  Organized forces, weapons forged from the light's power, the very light itself being used to illuminate the darkness.  It was pretty fun to jump into an army of them and toss them around or toy with their so called warrior pride.  They were actually rather quick to flee...

"I wonder if this is a popular place," she said, thinking aloud.  Her body slowly decended to the ground, each flap audible for several meters in the silent night sky.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2019, 04:33:54 AM »
Suerte

9:55am

Wandering around the streets of pine guardian, she found herself thinking back to the last few days.  She still couldn't believe what happened to her, or what she had done.  It all felt so surreal.  Meeting Vanilla, trying to learn from her, doing all of those things with her.  She hadn't had an encounter that impacted so quickly since the death of her parents.  Although, at least with that instance, the emotions were more straightforward.  This strange city... why was everything so different...?

The cowgirl was dressed in her normal outfit, that blue top that showed off her cleavage, as well as a tight skirt that revealed her midriff and most importantly showed off her legs and ass to the world.  Suerte rubbed her belly, the detail of her abs allowing the reality of her situation to sink in.  She was here to stay.

At the very least, she had this moment of peace to think.

Taking a deep breath, she scanned her surroundings, looking at the people passing, the birds chirping, the sun peaking over the heavens.  Even the warm breeze touching her exposed skin warmed her heart ever so slightly.  There was a simple joy in breathing, a simple pleasure in being alive.  The hustle and bustle of the city could not change that.  There were just more people around to share it with.

Just as that thought sunk in, she caught the eye of a "Lucky Guns."  The cowgirl smirked as she turned her attention to the store.

10:00am

The cowgirl walked in, keeping her footsteps silent as she intentionally eavesdropped on the conversation.  A giddy warmth in her chest pushed her lips out, causing her to flash a smug grin.  Looking at the man from behind, he seemed like one of her kind, a cowboy like her.  "I do," she said, jumping into the conversation.  "I've worked on bad boys like these since I was a lass."

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2019, 05:08:54 PM »
Justice

The rider's silver eyes gleamed when he turned to face the new arrival in tandem with the shopkeeper. The latter's lips curled at the girl, and she bellowed, "This is more movement than I usually get in the mornings, but I hope it's not for stealing my clientele."

The woman turned to Justice, setting down the revolver back on the counter. "I was admiring it, but it's not like I've never worked on one like this before. I can load you up with some special bullets once I'm done if you like," she said, and picked up the sword, lifting it horizontally to the counter, running her gaze over its straightness and edge.

Justice grunted in agreement, and tilting his head towards the wild-west seeming girl, asked, "You sounds like an expert in overweight firearms. What are you usually packing?"
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 05:28:19 PM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2019, 05:54:32 PM »
Suerte

"Oh don't worry hun," Suerte retorted with a giggle.  "I'm not really in the business anymore, so you don't have to worry about a damn thing.  However...."

A single slender arm swiped the gun, holding the weapon up to catch the light just right.  "There is no point in selling him any bullets.  This one makes its own.  Selling him bullets when the gun is designed to reload itself kills the intuitive nature of the device.  If I were still in the business, I would simply augment the weapon rather than offer to sell accessories."

The cowgirl put the gun back down on the counter, reaching to the holsters on her hip.  "As for what i'm packing, its not oversized," she said, pulling out two twin silver pistols.  The sheen of the silver caused them to shine in the light.  To anyone who weilded a weapon, it was clear she took very good care of them, polishing them everyday to keep the metal from corroding over time.

"But a handsome boy back home used to stop by my place often and i'd work on his gun.  It was a massive minigun that could rip through just about anything.  My guns are more similar to yours, able to reload on their own.  I made them myself."

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2019, 06:22:46 PM »
Justice

The woman swiped a wet cloth through the sword, taking with it part of the grisly muck clouding the edge, and set it down behind the counter. "I don't got anything as tough as whatever this is made of in stock, or I'd offer some attachments, darling," she retorted, knocking experimentally on the revolver's barrel. "But you never know when you'll need some extra firepower. Of course, if the owner's willing to leave it here for mite longer..."

Justice shook his head. "No, that's fine. Maybe I'll hear that out later," he said. The gunsmith winked in affirmation, her wrinkles deepening amicably, and moved into the back with the weapons, leaving the rider with the cowgirl.

"I was never much of a maker," the enforcer of the divine said, resting his elbow on a glass and metal display. "But I knew someone who would have been your speed, I suspect. What did this client of yours hunt with that?"

She looked to him like an ordinary human, but with a sharpness and poise that could not be mistaken for merely mundane talent. And he could not help but be drawn to the elegant lines of her pistols, and notice the enviable care given to the grip and the polished structure, overflowing with an impression of still undelible pride.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2019, 06:49:28 PM »
Suerte

Suerte couldn't help but smile with pride as the woman departed to the back of the store.  As the door closed, her pupil wandered to the gun still placed on the counter.  The simple swipe of the wet cloth could not cleanse the gun of its character.  Dirt and grime were wedged into the weapon, with a few scratches for good measure.  One thing was for sure, these guns had bled for him.

"He was a bounty hunter," she said, putting one hand on her hat and tilting it back.  Her gaze shifted away from the weapon and locked eyes with him as she thought back to a time before this city.  "Unfortunately he was a trigger happy boy who liked to go after big pray.  Monsters of the era.  That is what he said the weapon was for.  That man wanted to kill the monsters of the world and prove himself a hero.  If you ask me, using a minigun for that is overcompensating."

The cowgirl walked past the rider and placed her twin pistols next to his, the weapons shining even brighter next to the grimy beast that was his weapon.  "You might not be much of a maker, but your one hell of a shooter.  No ordinary cowboy runs around packin heat like this thats for sure.  Much less keep a weapon like this long enough to have it so worn down.....  If you didn't make these, who did?"

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2019, 11:29:28 PM »
Eruraviel

Eru popped back into existance back in the bedroom she's shared the night with Amanda. She looked down, frowning at the still sleeping girl. She'd wanted to get up, do things with her, but she'd waved her off oh so rudely, complaining incoherently before going back to sleep.

So she'd decided to do Elizabeth's thing today, and get it out of the way, but she found her lover still laying in bed, again!

Eru sat down next to her before crawling on top of her, leaning over the girl's face, ears twitching in mild displeasure.

"You up yet?"

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2019, 11:40:17 PM »
Amanda

So the Chief of Pine Garden grunted in affirmative before sitting up in the bed. Then her head turned 180 degrees and she begun mowing toward Eru.

"Must eat brains!"

Her movement were erratical and not human like at all, like a puppet on strings, forced to play along to a tune not of it's own.