Author Topic: Pine Garden  (Read 47141 times)

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Re: Pine Garden
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2019, 04:07:54 PM »
Justice

He crossed his arms in relaxed acceptance of her callout. "Long enough to know it's a mess, not long have to technically have a permanent place to stay yet. This city has my threat expectations all wired wrong. Seen anything like that, dangers making you re-evaluate your vision of yourself?"

Justice directed an inquiring gaze from her guns to her expression, but it was broken up by the door into the shop's interior swinging open, loudly pushed in satisfaction. He found Absolution presented to him. "What do you think?" The woman asked, as Justice took it off her hands.

The recent scars and charring of the most recent battle had been cleaned off, and the entirety of the simple, brutal sword expertly polished, making the patterned, complex waves along the edge shine almost like diamond. He gave it a slow, experimental swing, and it made an impressive whistle. Justice could only nod and smile thinly under his scarf.

"You know, it may be imperishable, but you should get a sheath for that. I have some enchanted, practical ones for it," the woman added, picking up Pity before disappearing again to give it the same treatment.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 04:34:54 PM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2019, 05:03:47 PM »
Suerte

Suerte thought back to her travels.  Lily, Ezekial, Vanilla, Vanilla's boss, those cops, that woman: all different shades of strange.  Lily and Vanilla were at least nice if a bit arrogant.  Even after all that....

"No... the dangers aren't the things that make me revaluate myself its..."

The voice of the shop keeper cut them off.  The cowgirl sighed with a sort of relief.  She was a bit too chatty around these sorts of quiet types.  Perhaps that is why she liked them, easy listeners, ideal conversational partners for a showoff like herself.  That kind of amicability is a little dangerous.

Folding her arms she said, "You know its not a bad idea, getting an enchanted sheath.  They tend to come in handy at the most interesting times."

Break

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2019, 07:02:17 AM »
Nero

"Hm? Gaudy?"

The empress took a look at the white marble, nostalgia covering her eyes in sparkles.

"I don't think so, it's magnificent, is it not?"

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2019, 09:30:34 PM »
Amanda

"BUUUT IT LOOOKS SO CUUUUTE ON YOUU ^ - ^"

Her tiny smile cracked up ever so slightly and with every passing moment, it grew more and more, until she burst out into fullblown laughter. "Sa-sa-sorry, but your wiggling ears are just too much, and yeah for the record, you look really outdated. Fulll blown dresses in a casual setting is so last century, you gotta get with the times, show the lowly humies that you can be better than them at their own game...."

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2019, 09:45:28 PM »
Eruraviel

Eruraviel blushed, blood flowing into her ears and turning them a reddish hue. They drooped a little bashfully, quivering as Eru twirled her hair with her finger, wrapping her long blond locks around her pinky.

"Well, um-I guess you're right. Last century? Really? Jeez."

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2019, 01:50:19 AM »
Suerte

Suerte thought back to her travels.  Lily, Ezekial, Vanilla, Vanilla's boss, those cops, that woman: all different shades of strange.  Lily and Vanilla were at least nice if a bit arrogant.  Even after all that....

"No... the dangers aren't the things that make me revaluate myself its..."

The voice of the shop keeper cut them off.  The cowgirl sighed with a sort of relief.  She was a bit too chatty around these sorts of quiet types.  Perhaps that is why she liked them, easy listeners, ideal conversational partners for a showoff like herself.  That kind of amicability is a little dangerous.

Folding her arms she said, "You know its not a bad idea, getting an enchanted sheath.  They tend to come in handy at the most interesting times."

Justice

"As impromptu shields, or snowboards?" The rider asked, only half-bothering to hide the laugh behind it. He held up the messer-like blade, as much as five inches wide at the widest point, in front of her before slipping it into the chain. "Sheaths this big tend to be a bother for drawing."

If they could do something about that, it would be nice to not have to clean it so frequently, though. Make it less of a hazard. That'd be the littlest thing to give him a reason to actually laugh and get some drinks over, strangely enough.

Justice extended a hand to the girl. "The name's Justice. What do you go by?"
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2019, 08:28:51 PM »
Aruna

Aruna took another look at the bathhouse.  It did look nice, coated in marble and shining brighter than any other building.  She wasn't sure she liked it, this bright light.  "Yeah like overdone?  It seems like it doesn't really fit in with the rest of this city."

Then again, neither did she.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2019, 08:59:26 PM »
Suerte

"Justice huh," she said, giggling as the name rolled under her tongue.  She took the cowboy's hand and shook it.  "That sounds like a superhero's name.  Its cute though, I like it."

The cowgirl's eyes rolled down his body, as if taking it in for the first time.  Justice, a name that almost sounded like a pen name and an outfit that protected his body from peering eyes.  In that moment, she wondered if he lived a hard life if he ever smiled.

"Suerte.  Suerte Martinez.  You wanna get some fresh air?  We should head over to a shooting range.  Its been a while since I met a real cowboy."

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2019, 09:15:43 PM »
Amanda

"Indeed, but you don't need to worry about that ^-^"

She patted Eru on the head in a comforting, and ruffled her hair playfully.

"I'll show you around and what to wear, after all the Harrington take good care of their servants~"

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2019, 09:19:14 PM »
Amanda

"Indeed, but you don't need to worry about that ^-^"

She patted Eru on the head in a comforting, and ruffled her hair playfully.

"I'll show you around and what to wear, after all the Harrington take good care of their servants~"

Eruraviel

Eru stuck her tongue at Amanda. "Blleeeehhh-hearing that makes me shiver inside." She shook her head, frowning at Amanda. "Let's not play pretend about that unless we need to." She smiled at her serenely, belaying a deep-seated anger at the thought of a human owning her.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2019, 11:03:26 PM »
Justice

Justice had been used to people drawing into themselves when they probed him, retreating or threatened by whatever his poise had to say. Nanako was the first in recent times to not react that way, and Suerte was the second. Differently. Suerte was measuring first, and comfortable after. Pleasant lass, wasn't she?

"I don't get that nearly as often as I should," he said. As of late it seemed intent on coming up, though. "Maybe I got lucky. I'll take you up on that."

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2019, 03:24:00 AM »
Suerte

Suerte smiled and wrapped her body around his arm, sandwiching it between her cleavage.  "Lucky is my first name," she said.  "Then its a date.  You going to take me into your car?  I hear city folk ride cars."

She looked up at his covered face.  "You know the best part about the mysterious types is seeing whats underneath the mask.  Honestly, it really is just nice to meet someone like me."

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2019, 03:47:24 AM »
Justice

Justice chuckled. Her style was over the top, but it was faintly relaxing. Not as showy as his roommate, maybe that was why the contrast was more effective.

"Oh, I'm no city folk. I have a horse. I hope your appreciation for the classics extends to that."

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2019, 09:25:33 PM »
Suerte

10:15 am

"Oh I am really going to like you," she said, looking up at him with a smile.

As they let their bodies get assaulted by the morning sun, something amazing caught Suerte's eyes.  A horse unlike anything she expected to see in this city.  A horse with a natural intensity that outstripped many of the men she had met.  Smoke bellowed from its hooves and it scales on its mane.  It almost felt like some sort of dragon horse, or maybe something that ate a dragon and gained its power.  At the very least, that was the story she was writing in her head for it.

"Oh my god!" she said, detaching from Justice and running towards the stead.  She began rubbing its back.  "Look at you!  He is just as scary as he is cute!  Your a loyal boy aren't you?"

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2019, 12:55:28 AM »
Justice

The abyssal beast tilted its head at the woman with a furnace-like whinny. Despite the intimidating visage, it allowed the touch without another care, and Justice found himself smirking under his scarf.

"His name's Punishment," Justice said, coming close to rub under the horse's jaw. He asked something with an obvious answer just for the pleasure of hearing it. "How about a ride?"
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 12:56:08 AM by YOLF »