Cross Effects > Areas

The Great Northern Forest

<< < (78/100) > >>

Cherry Lover:
Sakura

"Away where?" Sakura replied, rather concerned at the manner in which the girl had dragged her off her feet.

Ultimately, though, Sakura knew that, if the girl actually wanted to harm her, there was very little she could do about it, and she didn't seem hostile, so she made no effort to resist despite the lack of an immediate answer to her question, instead simply holding on as the girl carried her through the forest, listening to the girl's chiding with ever-increasing horror. The thought of being turned into a pleasure slave by some vampire sent shivers down her spine, bringing back bad memories of her past abuse, and she couldn't help but wonder how close she had been to such a fate, and whether she would have left the forest quickly enough to escape his attentions. As she clung to the girl, she began to realise that her trip had been reckless, that her preparation was not sufficient to travel this deep, even with her ability to escape via her shadows.

Finally, after a significant trip, they arrived at the girl's destination. Still unable to see in the darkness, Sakura could only tell that they appeared to be inside a tree, perhaps some kind of hideout. Before she could ask any further questions, however, the girl pressed a vial into her hands, informing her that it would let her see.

"Thank you", Sakura responded, holding onto the vial carefully.

For a few moments, Sakura hesitated, unsure whether to trust the strange woman, before quickly deciding that, if the woman truly wanted to harm her, she could easily have just forced the potion down her throat, or done anything else she liked. So, taking the vial, she tipped the contents down her throat. Almost immediately, her vision began to improve, allowing her to determine that they were, indeed, inside a tree, in some kind of hideout. What was more, she could now see her saviour more clearly. As Sakura had already determined, the girl was lithe and short, with only a modest chest. But the ability to see allowed Sakura to notice the girl's white hair, green eyes and, most surpisingly, her distinctive pointed ears.

"Yes, I can see much better now", she said with a smile, only a slight hint of the surprise that she felt appearing in her face.

"My name is Sakura Emiya, it's nice to meet you", she added, bowing politely. "Thank you again for saving me. I wasn't intending to go this deep, but I got a bit lost, and I was too focussed on my search to recognise the danger I was in."

SINIB:
Arcaena

Arcaena's ears trembled-with excitement, fury, pity, and most of all, curiosity. The lithe young woman leaned forward, staring directly into the purple-haired youth's eyes. She began to circle around her, taking a keen interest in the rounded tips of Sakura's petit human ears. "Well, I'd glad you understand that you made a grave error of judgement. My name is Arcaena of the house Lavinia, daughter of Eruraviel."

Suddenly, the elf's hand snaked out with unearthly grace, grabbing onto Sakura's ear and rubbing her thumb along the rounded top, before sliding down to pinch her earlobe. "Fascinating. So this is the form that my mother has taken such a keen interest in as of late. Exotic, and certainly inefficient, but—" After a few moments, Arcaena pulled her hand back to her side and grinned. "There is a certain appeal to your form. So, what brought you all the aay out here into the wilds of the Nexus?" She asked with a clap of her hands.

Cherry Lover:
Sakura

Sakura couldn't help but notice the way that the elf's ears trembled as she listened to Sakura's reply, leaving her curious as to what, exactly, such a reaction meant. She felt a little uncomfortable as the girl circled around her, looking her over with a clear focus on her ears, but she didn't react, instead waiting for the girl to introduce herself. For a moment, she smiled, until she felt Arcaena's hand grab hold of her ear, rubbing along the top of it before sliding down and pinching her earlobe, causing Sakura to look at her with shock and a hint of indignation at the rude treatment.

Paying little attention to her reaction, Arcaena continued to inspect Sakura like she was some kind of research specimen, talking to herself about her mother's interest in, presumably, humans. A little shocked at the elf's rude behaviour but not particularly wanting to upset the woman who had both saved and, effectively, kidnapped her, she simply endured the somewhat humiliating inspection until, finally, Arcaena pulled back, grinning, and finally addressed her. Feeling a little nervous as a result of the girl's previous behaviour, Sakura stuttered for a moment, before gathering herself and responding to the question.

"I..I heard a rumour of a powerful mage in the forest, one who might be able to help me with certain ..issues I have with my body. I thought I'd come and take a look, see if I could find anything useful, but I underestimated just how dangerous this place could be", she replied, pausing for a moment before continuing.

"Oh, actually, you wouldn't happen to know of anyone like that, would you?"

SINIB:
Arcaena

Arcaena hopped back, and then hopped forwards again, leaning in towards Sakura with a big silly grin on her face. "Ufu~ Hmm, well, I don't know how to say it, but your luck really is amazing. I do know of one, two, in fact!"

She reached out and quickly drew an elvish rune on Sakura's neck using her magic. Arcaena's eyes flashed with the blue of powerful magic, the young human's soul suddenly illuminated, revealing her maladies and the sort of past that she muzt have suffered through to be harmed in this way to the white-haired elf.

Her grin faltered for a moment, but she quickly put it back on, covering up her distaste with a giggle. "You do too, in fact. You were looking for my mother, the great progenitor of the elvish race and my tutor, Eruraviel Lavinia! I just so happen to be her chief assistant in matters of the soul!"

She brought her fists to her hips and thrust her chest forwards, beaming with pride in her exalted station. "Having taken a quick peek at your soul, I don't think it'd be too hard for us to fix it."

Cherry Lover:
Sakura

Sakura looked at the girl with uncertainty as she hopped backwards and forwards, wondering what she would do next. However, when she heard Arcaena's response, a smile formed on her face for a moment, until it was once more replaced by a look of annoyance as the girl reached out and, without asking permission, drew some kind of magical rune on her neck.

"Hey!" she said, only to be cut off as the girl giggled before speaking up once more.

Sakura began to smile once more as Arcaena explained in more detail who they were looking for, mentally rolling her eyes at the overly-grand introduction, but not allowing her feelings to be visible on the surface. Her smile broadened as the girl finished off, beaming with pride as she stated that they would be able to fix her issues, her words also making Sakura aware of the reason behind the rune that had been drawn on her neck.

"Thank you!" Sakura replied, immediately, overjoyed at the possibility of being cured of the final reminders of her years of abuse at the hands of the Matou, only to pause momentarily as she realised that the elf would surely not provide such a service for free.

"Actually, what would your mother want in return?" she said, a little wary of what the elf might want in return. "I have some money back home, but I didn't bring anything with me, and I don't know if it would be enough to pay for a procedure like this."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version