Cross Effects > Areas

The Great Northern Forest

<< < (82/100) > >>

SINIB:
Eruraviel

Her eyes gleamed into his soul, digging at him and searching for any hidden chinks in his armor-she'd met powerful mages whom could obscure themselves from her before, and she wouldn't be letting her guard down so easily.

Eruraviel ran her fingers through her long golden locks and flipped her head with a callous grin on her face. "I am indeed. My name is Eruraviel, and it's my pleasure to be your host today. What refreshments would suit your tastes?"

YOLF:
Longirsu

There was no sorcery like hers contained in the cage of his physical body. But ancient mechanisms turned and sparked beneath his ribs, processing arcane calculus and paradigms as old as a world, and they were no less capable.

"I would not want to impose," he said, looking her up and down in cool appraisal. "Tea will do."

Longirsu was certain now. She and the mobile power source identified by Ib were one and the same. Interesting.

SINIB:

--- Quote from: YOLF on January 24, 2021, 07:12:25 PM ---Longirsu

There was no sorcery like hers contained in the cage of his physical body. But ancient mechanisms turned and sparked beneath his ribs, processing arcane calculus and paradigms as old as a world, and they were no less capable.

"I would not want to impose," he said, looking her up and down in cool appraisal. "Tea will do."

Longirsu was certain now. She and the mobile power source identified by Ib were one and the same. Interesting.

--- End quote ---

She waved her hand, and he felt an enchantment wash over him, bathing the area in light where there had been darkness. He now could see clearly the flamboyant beauty on display, as well as the numerous gems embedded inside of her body, fused with her skin as if it were naturally part of her own form. "Please. As a wood elf, I could never forgive myself if I failed to show proper hospitality to a guest in my house. Especially one whom has come to discuss bussiness with me, hmmm?"

YOLF:
Longirsu

Elf wasn't a denomination he was completely unfamiliar with. But "wood elf" implied there were other kinds, and likely that they identified by their choice of habitat. He doubted that was their chosen native name, but the elves he was familiar with had only a slightly less hazy and eroded personal history than most of the people who lived in the world Longirsu knew. Perhaps he was projecting his expectations of the things that weren't allowed to make sense back then.

He nodded cooly to the woman - he wondered if the objects in her body were regulators, or power containers, but decided he could verify such later - and picked himself up, grabbing the large suitcase from the ground.

"Very well. Please lead the way."

SINIB:

--- Quote from: YOLF on January 26, 2021, 02:41:08 PM ---Longirsu

Elf wasn't a denomination he was completely unfamiliar with. But "wood elf" implied there were other kinds, and likely that they identified by their choice of habitat. He doubted that was their chosen native name, but the elves he was familiar with had only a slightly less hazy and eroded personal history than most of the people who lived in the world Longirsu knew. Perhaps he was projecting his expectations of the things that weren't allowed to make sense back then.

He nodded cooly to the woman - he wondered if the objects in her body were regulators, or power containers, but decided he could verify such later - and picked himself up, grabbing the large suitcase from the ground.

"Very well. Please lead the way."

--- End quote ---

Eruraviel

"Of course. Follow behind me closely, and be sure not to wander." Eruraviel spun around in a circle on the front of her foot with a grace seldom seen in even the most trained gymnasts, and with a skip and a hop, lead him inside the great oak which had served as her base. Every wall and corridor had been magically crafted out of the still-living and healthy tree, and after having been lead up a set of spiral stairs, the two entered into a cozy room lit by everbright torches hanging from the ceiling. With rustic, wooden furnishments and plush cushions to sit on, the room gave off a sort of rustic air. On a stumpy table in the center, a china plate of cookies laid arrayed around a tea kettle, with a cup for each of them to drink the rich concoction from.

"What brings you to my corner of the forest-I so rarely get visitors out here."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version