Cross Effects > Areas

The Great Northern Forest

<< < (90/100) > >>

Who?:

--- Quote from: Umbra of Chaos on February 15, 2021, 01:50:48 AM ---Fu Hua

"Haaah?" If Kore had spit in her face, it is not possible that Fu Hua could sound more offended. Before the other girl's skirt had stopped fluttering Fu Hua was already before her. Already, the martial artist can hear the rebuttals of a stupid girl before they're even said. Because it is her duty. Because it is her responsibility. Because it is right. It makes her stomach turn. A strained smile coats her face, as sweet as poison. "I don't get it. Are you just going to run back whatever shack you live in, pretending like what you want isn't right there?"

The air is heavy. As tense as the weight of a sword hanging from the ceiling, dangling from a single thread. Displeasure all but radiates from gleaming red eyes. "Friend," and the word is as barbed as a thorn bush, "let me give you advice. Whatever place you came from might as well be gone. What you do now has no impact on the dead. If you punish yourself for their sake, you're just gratifying yourself. Oh, look at how awful I am!"

She waves a hand through the air as if for dramatics, but the violent force of it sends spiderweb cracks through the earth below them. "We should go to the city. It will be the best chance you ever have. You will not regret it."

--- End quote ---

Kore

Kore - pauses. She stares at Fu Hua and blinks.

An evil spirit. Physical attacks temporarily effective, purification rituals superior. Her mind is filled with dozens of long remembered facts about the bipedal human body ands it weakness - how even facsimile organs can be damaged and destroyed.

How dare she- Kore’s face twists into a snarl, and for just a moment, it looks like she will attack, like she would tear Fu Hua’s throat out with her teeth.

Pain. A sky without a sun. Centuries spent tending plants she could crush by the barest effort of will.

Kore recoils. It looks like she’ll vomit and she stumbles away. Rotting leaves disintegrate under her feet. She opens her mouth to apologise to someone, something - and shakes her head. Worthless words.

When she turns back to Fu Hua, she looks perfectly calm. No, not calm. Doll-like. Artificial.

"My home - the place I’m from has been gone for a very long time. I-" She pauses. The mask does not crack, but it feels like it should. "My petty selfishness destroyed everything. I destroyed everything."

She speaks of it like she’s discussing some historical event that is disquieting, but unrelated to her. Only the twitch of an eyebrow reveals any hint as to what she’s feeling.

Steam  hisses from the ground - there are no thermal vents anywhere near. It coalesces low to the ground, brushing their ankles.

"You are right, of course. I wouldn’t. Regret it. But..." She makes a gesture. "Don’t waste your time on me. Really."

Bern:
William

"Oh no not at all..." He said amused as he saw the Princess try to impose height on him, it was rather cute but it was pointless to resist. "They can also store an individual wholesale with their physical form intact and then be returned in the same state they were sealed."

Alas resistance was futile for the Elf as mere moments later he floated up and restored the balance.

The high ground belonged to him.

"It also a fully automated, meaning any tool with the base ability to channel mana and who is smart enough to visualize their desires may employ it to its full use. But no.... I do not know how to produce this, it is a naturally occurring crystal in the world I hail from."

It was also nigh unbreakable so he wasn't worried about losing what he had any time soon, that was the only reason he was so blatantly waving it around.

YOLF:
Longirsu

He raised his gaze, honing it like iron sights on the so-called "lacrima". Stopping the soul vial on the flat of his palm, he pensively covered his mouth with his other hand, and his musings left his lips unwittingly muffled.

"The process is reversible? The structure of the crystal must have qualities analogous to memory alloys, but for energy conversion... I see. It seems you have a point about their value." Longirsu's irises spun, darting to the gems integrated to the elf's body, then back. "Capacity is difficult to compare, but their mechanisms seem different. You say lacrima are naturally-occurring, but their workings are automated with the projection of willpower? Fascinating. A shame that reproducing them is not viable."

In other words, he had brought them up to brag, compared to Eruraviel's methods, which appeared to be a byproduct of her sorcery. But even if William lacked the skills or knowledge to make these... given the time and the resources, it might not be beyond Longirsu.

Umbra of Chaos:
Fu Hu

"Your pitiful self-denial is the only thing wasting my time." There was little heat in her voice now, only a vague annoyance that was hard to place now that her frown was gone. Fu Hua shrugged her shoulders and gracefully swept the tension from her body. A smile naturally made its way back onto her face. "But it seems like there's at least some reason for it. That face you made before... I quite like it. Furious. Dominating. How dare she say such a thing to me!" The air swells with distorted echoes of Kore's own voice, a raised tone that makes the bark peel from trees.

Fu Hua strokes her chin as she furrows her brow in thought, yet her eyes seem to take in Kore with a new light. "Yes, you are quite strong, aren't you? So full of regret you might burst like one of those fruits. You do not like to be this way, but you think the alternative is worse. That is acceptable." She lets out a small huff.

"A bit of restraint is necessary, sometimes," Fu Hua admits. "But there are ways you can have both desire and control. You must simply be willing to surrender it to someone else. I will be generous, Kore. I will personally make a leash for you. So long as you do not struggle to break it, you will not be able to harm anyone. And if you attempt it despite that, I will be able to stop you. Entrust yourself to me, and you will never be a demon again."

Her hand caresses Kore's face. It is not calloused, though one might have expected it. Her skin is soft, smooth, and more unyielding than steel. Then she presses a finger right to Kore's lips. It pulses with an immense concentration of negative energy. For most beings, it would be almost obscene to accept that much foreign power at once. Yet it was also exactly what was promised. A cage of silken ribbons, strong enough to ensnare Kore. Strong enough to hold even the Demon King still, should it walk the earth again.

SINIB:

--- Quote from: Bern on February 17, 2021, 10:35:00 PM --- William

"Oh no not at all..." He said amused as he saw the Princess try to impose height on him, it was rather cute but it was pointless to resist. "They can also store an individual wholesale with their physical form intact and then be returned in the same state they were sealed."

Alas resistance was futile for the Elf as mere moments later he floated up and restored the balance.

The high ground belonged to him.

"It also a fully automated, meaning any tool with the base ability to channel mana and who is smart enough to visualize their desires may employ it to its full use. But no.... I do not know how to produce this, it is a naturally occurring crystal in the world I hail from."

It was also nigh unbreakable so he wasn't worried about losing what he had any time soon, that was the only reason he was so blatantly waving it around.

--- End quote ---

Eruraviel

Eruraviel puffed out her cheeks in an exaggerated pout. She forced the tips of her ears to lower just a few degrees, and all of a sudden, she looked as if she were sad. "Interesting. I had the opportunity to work with it for a little while, but the more you speak about it the more interesting an item it becomes. Perhaps I would be able to integrate some of nature's great works into my own designs, hmm?"

She rubbed her hands together like a greedy banker lusting after money.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version