Cross Effects > Areas

Halloween Town

<< < (34/64) > >>

Kotomine_Rin:
Zeke

"Thank goodness."

The comet arrived at the park shockingly quickly. Yet what Zeke found was no assailant, but the skewered corpse of that woman left to die all alone. Stepping forward, Zeke's sad expression turned to the park's surroundings, as they gradually covered themselves in thick black mud that spewed from his shadow to form a dome around them. No signal could be read, no sight or smell survived as everything was devoured by this black coating. It was a catbox.

It looked like the void of space.

"This is all because of your negligence. If you truly upheld your duty, your precious people wouldn't be slaughtered like dogs." Zeke kicked her side to roll her up, then couched to inspect the wound, a bitter smile on his body's lips.

The hydra she had consumed managed to send a signal to them, even in its final moments. She was fortunate. Truly, truly fortunate.

"Man and monster, brother and sister, those are not enemies. We... have no such things." Zeke caressed the corpse and moved the bloody hair from her face. "But there are terrors lurking in the shadow, the only thing they wish is this world's demise. Your lives won't make a difference to me, but..."

The one standing over Harley's corpse was surely no hero, only a destructive self-centered force. And yet, Zeke sliced his own arm open to pour his essence into her wound. The black mud formed living beings, coalescing and digging into Harley's body... mending what was broken and replacing what was lost. As the most irredeemable of evils selflessly used his power to bring life back into the Hallow Queen, his smile took a sincere and hopeful quality. It was warmth as gentle as the sun.

"Wouldn't it be awesome if everyone toppled this despair together?"

His organisms acted as her new heart, lungs, and mended nerves, pumping blood and life into the woman until she'd wake up.

yinsukin:
Harley's body

The organisms never even made it past her skin.  Yes, somehow the organisms entering her body burned to a crisp.  The body began to shake and twitch, fingers beginning to flex.

RIP Candlemen

The candleman fell to the ground, helplessly clawing the ground beneath her grip.  Although it was dying, its face remained emotionless.  Thats why when it became a corpse it didn't feel any less lifeless.

The memories of the candlemen were in fact the commands given to them by Harley.  It turned out that they were ordered to defend the district and collect her body once she staged her assassination.  Although the columbian invasion wasn't planned, she needed to snuff out the fools who dare oppose her.  There was another command too, meet up with another group of candlemen to snuff out the assailants.  Although the candlemen were aware Harley knew where the assailants were at this time, she hadn't given a command to them and therefore that information was not available to Valerie, no matter how many she drank.  Although, she would now know that if she could drink someone from that squad, she would know the orders given to them as well.  But one thing was clear.

Harley was alive.

Harley

"You parasite," she said, rising to her feet, her brows furrowed and her mouth twisted into a scowl.  "You dare try to infest me with those familiars?  I'll have you executed for this.  I'll burn you so throughouly you'll beg not for death, but for your very existence to be wiped from this plane."

The young woman took a deep breath, before smiling again.  "But for now I have other matters to take care of.  I appreciate all that you have done for our district."

Bern:
Valerie

The Vampire King discarded the used candleman and turned her attention towards that point. Yes.... that's where she had sent Edelgard, a mistake all around, she should have gone herself. But there was no use crying over spilled milk, those two had already left but she had things that needed to be done here, and a naughty queen to spank.

Swoooooooooosh....

She leapt through the air and within seconds came crashing down on the catbox, breaking through in a heartbeat.

"Faking your own death, how dreadfully boring Hollow Queen."

Kotomine_Rin:
Zeke

"Your opinion doesn't matter, Harley."

Zeke's eyes narrowed, showing no displeasure at the burning of his children. What good is a coward who uses outsiders and burns her people's lives for their benefit? A demon lord like him had the privilege of being wasteful, but the guardians of this city had a duty.

"All's fair in love and war, but while you're faking your death like a coward, your people are being gunned down like dogs. Is that what you want to show me? A half-baked leader?" 

They flicked their finger on her forehead like a bully jerk of a brother, poking her mercilessly as if she were a bratty teen. For the first time since they got here, a genuine smile showed on Zeke's face, but their eyes got even happier once his catbox got torn open. Their satisfaction was immeasurable, and their day was saved. "And I don't appreciate having my time wasted. I'm going to take what was lost because of your negligence... and rip from your flesh tenfold." Zeke said while moving to her pinchable cheeks, smushing and stretching them as if Harley was a baby with no hope to escape. The texture was so smooth and perfect there was no way he'd pass up a chance like this. It was downright addicting and therapeutic.

"It's good to see you, Val." Zeke dropped Harley's face turned to her with crossed arms, unintentionally revealing his toned body. "How should we punish this failure? String her up naked and parade her across the city?”

yinsukin:
Harley

"Well you can forget about your bounty," she said, glaring back at him, taking the flick with only a slight flinch and a blink to add to Zeke's satisfaction.  Her hands glowed with a feint light.  "Neither does yours parasite.  I called upon my allies to help my shortcomings.  If you don't want to be a hero, don't shirk that unto me.  Now leave before I come for you next."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version