Cross Effects > Areas

Halloween Town

<< < (41/64) > >>

yinsukin:
Lola

The batgirl shook her head, keeping her hands on her ears.  She returned to her attentive stare.

Kotomine_Rin:
Ezekiel

Zeke sighed and shook his head. If she wasn't gonna play coy, he had no reason to. They - the collective - weren't above this kind of game. "Relax. You need food, don't you? The injured need tending, I've made sure they're getting their share as well. But I can't unmake the past. The food that's making you healthy and strong's standing on a table of bodies. Don't make it all in vain." He ate, a bit more calmly.

Comrades... this body could remember having them too. No, it was still their memory. His memory.

"Well, I'm assuming that you care. Really, we have no interest in the struggles between the old queen and you guys. But you made a foolish request, One that tugged at our heartstrings..." He smiled relaxedly, enjoying the simple taste of food, company, and being alive. Because the food that Zeke was enjoying was also resting on a pile of corpses. Friends, enemies, and even his own selves.

And there it was. The omega.

"If you're not going to talk, then listen: I want to protect your people. It's not a charity though, I'm sure you already knew that. But I want our relationship to be a fair one. I want to have this opportunity to listen to whatever concerns or feelings you might have. If you don't speak your feelings honestly, I won't be able to properly work with you all as equals. It'll be no better than tyranny. Is that your wish?"

yinsukin:
Lola

"If you let someone talk for long enough, they will eventually start speaking from the heart."

The batgirl stared at him, her frowning as she squinted.  The truth was she had poor eyesight, but at this moment she wished she could see him properly.  "I don't think freedom is quite the right word for what we want.  Recognition, status, acceptance: a place in this cruel city."

She scratched the back of her bat ears.  "Just because you want to protect our people doesn't mean you don't want subjugation.  You say you want a fair relationship, but you approach this like a business man.  Those of us in this organization would rather die than deal with another hallow queen but even more would kill to prevent living under the hell of so called normal humans. "

Kotomine_Rin:
Zeke

He blinked in surprise. So she could talk after all, huh. But her words only got a blush out of him, even as he turned away like some coy brat. Zeke's coat was removed casually, exposing his sculpted body... and the same bar-code that peeked out earlier.

"I wasn't born with a place to belong in this cruel city either. I get it, it's painful to live like a tool. I was made for some organization's crazed plans, possessed by another phantom created just to be a slave... and the moment I had found my happiness and acceptance, It was ripped from me because I lacked the strength to protect them. Here I am." That's right. History had a funny way of repeating itself. He might be playing a role, but the thought of it made Zeke frown.

"You want status? Recognition? A place in the world? Sure, sounds great. But without the power to protect it, it'll be ripped from your claws in the cruelest way imaginable. That's the simple unchanging law of this Nexus."

He took a sip of pumpkin beer, letting the taste travel down his throat.

yinsukin:
Lola

Lola looked up at the sky, her ears twitching.  "I don't think that power matters.  You can have all the power in the world and lose everything all the same.  After all, if you can obtain that power, so can someone else.  I can't speak for everyone, but if I could live that life for even a year, I think I could die happy."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version