Cross Effects > Areas

Halloween Town

<< < (52/64) > >>

Kotomine_Rin:
Zeke

"Hoh, cheeky. I've never been called that before." He crossed his arms and grinned mysteriously. "Don't get your hopes up though... Ivanna. I'm no monster, cur, abomination, or whatever mass of mindless sludge you'd think I am, I'm a human being, with all the greed, malice, and drive that comes attached. But I guess a different name makes it easier to stab me later. If we're going to exchange lies, you can just call me Zeke."

More importantly, you dodged the question... no, I guess that's an answer in its own way.

Yeah, he didn't know Ivanna in the slightest. He just knew she existed. If reading someone's tales from beyond a screen was enough to see someone's heart, then everyone would be connected. That sounds a bit gnarly, doesn't it? People should have the choice to make their own bonds and fight for them. But well, that's not really something a collective should say.

So he won't say it.

And with that, his detached gaze turned to Nanako. "Who knows? You're not even supposed to have it, it's clearly unconventional. It might not grow conventionally either. What would you use it for anyways?"

SINIB:

--- Quote from: Panda on January 06, 2021, 12:38:03 AM ---Nanako

Nanako's ears perked up as Zeke said his piece, slightly concerned by how excited he looked despite everything that was happen. That she could imprint on the Grace had her a little concerned of what it might learn from her, but also wondering what it could do if she allowed to grow, whatever that meant. What he said to Ivanna, however, rang familiar to her, an old memory clawing for the surface before Nanako pushed it back down to keep her focus on the here and now.

Her concern only grew when, for all of what Ivanna said, she didn't deny what he'd said. "A forest? Figure it'd be different for one growing from a person as opposed to dirt and trees and probably some wildlife in the mix," she said, slowly edging back cautiously, "You're making some good points, but I'm still not liking the idea of being set on fire to have it burned out."

"More importantly," Nanako turned back to Zeke, "What makes this thing grow, anyway? Did the one in the forest just go out of control for some reason, or...?"

--- End quote ---

Ivanna

"It will be quick, and I can personally guarentee that you will suffer no lasting harm as a result of my fire, on my honor as a seraphim." Ivanna clenched her small fist, hoping, no, praying, that for once, her rhetoric would be able to solve a crisis.

She didn't want to be forced to violence. Not this time.

Elf:

--- Quote from: Hibiki on January 06, 2021, 04:15:07 AM ---Nika

The vampire gave Forest slightly skeptical look as she mentioned the very notion of things going downhill in America. This was the nation that fought a war on scale unimagined before, pulled through through a crisis that made it on brink of annihilation and then put those dozen or so guys on the Moon. But maybe she wasn't one to argue about the state of her adopted homeland as she took the nap around the peanut farmer's inauguration, and clearly long time must have passed by the time technology got so wondrously fascinating. 

Speaking of the devil, she of course had her smartphone around, a new useful tool in her wanderings. It certainly could be handy for the bar crawl.

"This neighborhood looks pretty great, no doubts, but let me look real quick for some place with this baby and save our time." She grinned, brandishing her smartphone with pride in one of her newest toys. "Just tell me what kind of stuff you're raring to see. I love the unknown so much when I'm fresh off grave like this that I love to go with people's flow."

Long nap syndrome, she loved to call it. Nika loved to live in the moment, let herself sweeped by the currents of society, human one and otherwise, unless she had a firm goal before her eyes. And the midnight was far off enough to not flip yet that tunnel vision switch on in her brain.

--- End quote ---

Forest

"Honestly, if you find a place with dancing and a decent DJ I'd be up for that."

After the whirlwind of the last 48 hours, blowing off steam on a dance floor seemed like a good idea.

Then something Nika said registered and Forest's eyes went wide.  "Fresh from the grave?  Like you went into a state of torpor or whatnot?"  She frowned and folded her arms across her chest.  "That would be a bloody useful ability."

Hibiki:
Nika

Nika looked a bit puzzled at Forest. She never went into a longer daysleep? How peculiar.

"You don't take naps every now and then? I always do it when society takes a turn for the more boring. Well, I just happen to take less than usual these nights. Things are moving forward at breakneck speed, after all."

She shrugged and started tapping on the screen of her 'gizmo'.: "Hmm, Oasis sounds like a nice name for a waterhole. I don't know about you, but I use could use a drink. Dancing sounds like a great fun too. I wasn't any kind of turboenthusiast, but I enjoyed that with some of mortals I came to know. Heh, they'd have been old but spry grandpas by now if they ended up here too."

Elf:
Forest

Forest shook her head and answered, "Not me, hell, my inclination for insomnia came with me when I was killed.  Which is probably why I'm so stir crazy in the Spring and Summer, because the bloody sun was up so long and I would just have to be stuck at home."

She resisted the urge to look at Nika's screen, her curiosity be damned.  "Oh!  I love to dance.  I picked up ballet and tumbling ages ago and not only does it help physical training, it's bloody fun too."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version