Cross Effects > Areas

Halloween Town

<< < (13/64) > >>

Aiden:
Serana

"... stubborn beast." She let out a loud 'tsk' at its continued resistance, and then knelt down to bring her hand to the ground. "Cease your pointless prancing!"

A terrible surge of dark magic pushed forth through the ground, reaching for the creature's large limbs that allowed it to walk about at all. It seeped into them, into its veins and nerves, and began to rot those out from within as well. It would struggle to so much as crawl without, perhaps, dragging itself along with its heads.

And that would be just disgraceful.

yinsukin:
Hallow Queen

The short little girl smiled as she walked closer, finally descending to the bottom of the stairs.  She placed a gloved hand onto the beasts torso, rubbing it softly.  "THere there, settle down.  We won't hurt you anymore if you just simmer down."

Meanwhile the fox girl clung to Zeke's chest.  "W-whats going on?  Where did this thing even come from?!"

"That doesn't matter dear.... all that matters is that he or she is safe now."

Kotomine_Rin:
Zeke

Safe? What a sick joke.

"Beats me!" Zeke shrugged. He really didn't think this would happen, he was honestly just as surprised at the rest. But he sighed in relief. His boss seemed to handle the surprise alright, this was going pretty smoothly. Even though he was sweating all over, he tried not to show concern. His boss had this!

*click*

Something cold and hard grazed his cheek,. And in that moment, there was a boom.

He barely had the time to react when he realized a gun was pointed from behind him, pointed at the fox girl no less! He turned barely in time to move her out of the way, but managed to take the bullet in his eye instead! "Argh!" He collapsed, but not before shielding the girl with his body. He was starting to grow cold...

Amidst the evacuated refugees, a handful of masked individuals held the rest at gunpoint. Wait, weren't these-

They were humans. The masks they bore were different too on closer inspection. They each bore the staff of Hermes. "Our...sal...vation...." Zeke groaned as his blood and brain matter leaked from the wound. As he thought, this attack wasn't a random monster attack, but an organized attempt.

Now they were all held hostage. One wrong move, and many innocent monsters would lose their lives that day.

The Hydra (At the same time)

The beast finally stopped, with a cry of anguish that could tear a man's heart out. Its nerves boiled and melted and like a sick beast it fell to the ground. Its eyes began to darken, the spark of life fleeing...

It stared at the two. For a moment, it seemed to be pacified...

Then there was a gunshot. And its eyes widened with a venomous flame. With a beastly cry, it began to swell and bulge, trying to crawl as it may. And its maw trembled unnaturally. Venom seeped from its mouth, which was channelling a blast of venom even greater than before! No, this beast was like a time bomb now, even with a castle's wall worth of defences, those in the immediate vicinity were in grave danger! The ground was already melting from the acid poison!

Wasn't it down just a second ago!? Where could this surge of power come from!

Before he could find the answer to that question, his head filled with static.

The Leader of the Cultists

BZZZZZ!!

"May I have a moment of your attention, o monstrous brethren?" An old man sneered with gloating contempt. The voice came not from the crowd, nor the beast...

Static filled one of the advertising televisions hanging on a building's wall. Soon, it revealed an old cloaked man, bearing the symbol of salvation on his cloth. His eyes were hidden, but one could see his gaping smile, as if it were mocking them. The hallow queen, the elven lich, and especially the monsters.

"We may be distant races, but I hope you enjoy the current event. Oh, please do carry on. The struggles of monsters are quite amusing."

Aiden:
Serana

Oh, her servant had gotten itself shot with some manner of firearm. How inconvenient. The elf motioned for the Hollow Queen to continue to hold the stage as the rampaging beast somehow got its second wind, and smiled. "By all means, continue. I'm quite certain your subjects would prefer to see you handle this from here."

But then some form of screens, which Serana's consumption of the whispers of the dying had told her days ago were 'televisions', began to show images and sounds in the semblance of a man. Her mood seemed to immediately plummet.

"On second thought, I have changed my mind." She sent another bolt of crippling force in the direction of the bloated beast attempting to bombard these buffoons with its bile, hindering further its capacity for motion. "This creature irritates me."

More chains rose up from the shadows, wrapping around its body and causing its flesh to decay where they touched.

yinsukin:
Hallow Queen

"Please dear we are all monsters," she said, frowning as she sized up the beast.  "Today you learn what makes me the worst of them all.  I have one request and that is that you look away.  As for you discusting human, you should keep your eyes on me.  Today you will learn why this district is not to be trifled with."

The queen sunk her arm into the creature's belly, her arm glowing as she cooked the poison.  The sounds of bones cracking echoed through the streets.  With a ripping sound, the arm came out, revealing that the queen had torn out a car sized chunk of the beast.  Her mouth expanded as she placed the meat in her mouth, allowing it to slide down her throat.  Licking her lips, she reached for more.

A blink and everything was different.  Thats what it felt like at least.  One moment she was watching her beloved queen, another she was staring at the handsome man, his body shielding her.  She raised her hands to the sky, hoping she would be spared.

"H-how did you get in?"

A shadow appeared behind one of the men, their disinterested gaze looming over the gunmen.  A swift strike put the one furthest behind into the ground.  Many more candlemen emerged from the ground, seemingly appearing from wax puddles.  If one looked behind the gunmen, they would see more puddles creeping towards the scene in the distance.

"Please!  Get him out of here!  I don't know if he can regenerate!"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version