Author Topic: The Heavenly Ruins  (Read 2619 times)

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Re: The Heavenly Ruins
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2020, 02:03:45 AM »
Aruna

Human kind was always a slave to their shallow judgements and personal constructs.  Soft features take advantage of a human's desire to protect, sexual ones an object.  Combine the two and you get something so passive that it never registers as a threat at all.  Aruna's breasts grew slightly larger, filling out her thin dress, her hips slightly wider and her rear just a tad bigger and plumper.  Her face became noticeably more soft, rounder eyes and softer skin.

"But Orcus," she said, staring into his eyes.  "I was genuinely trying to kill you but couldn't....  Well, lets not dwell on my failure.  If you bring me a grace, I shall tell you one method of slaying a god.  Bring me more and i'll tell you how you can slay a god."

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2020, 02:18:58 AM »
Orcus

His breathing paused for a moment, long enough to level lidded eyes up and down her frame. His fingers curled into her petite waist, as though Orcus was going to pull her closer, but he did not handle her like a maiden. In all ways but physical, it seemed as if he was regarding a predator, and yet that did not make him immune to its lure. Orcus breathed again.

The next second, he dropped her.

"How salacious!" The primal beamed, spreading his arms in a disarming gesture. "You know how to tempt a fiend. But is there meaning to possessing those Graces if you do not retrieve them yourself?"

His bladed winged folded back into their cloak as he paced, twirled, and faced her with a smirk. "I happen to know where you can find one."
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2020, 03:59:31 PM »
Aruna

Aruna fell to the ground with a thud, but never disconnected eye contact until the moment she stood to her feet.  Mirroring his body language, Aruna's large wings shrank into cutter useless ones that emerged from her now fluffy back.  There was no need to address that question.

"Oh?"

That explained why he knew of the graces so soon.  Going from that statement alone, it was likely that he encountered a grace and was either able to analyze it somehow, or more likely some fool high on its power blabbered about it to him without killing him.

"Well all that matters to me is that the graces are held out of the hands of foolish mortals," she said, lowering her eyes at Orcus.  "The power of light should not be allowed to spread so seamlessly through the human realm like a virus.  This is for their sake as well, despite my hatred for them."

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2020, 01:38:39 AM »
Orcus

He brought a hand up to his jaw, and rubbed his chin with an amused glint to lidded eyes. "Is that right? So altruistic," he said. "Seek out the squirrel-eared, bushy-tailed fighter called Nanako then. Ask anyone who saw the tournament, and they'll be able to point you towards her. I had some hopes for her constitution, but... one fight was enough to bore me. There are better things to taste in this world."
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 01:39:12 AM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2020, 02:54:04 AM »
Aruna

The demon walked past him, her wings growing on her back.  They spread outwards in either direction, leaving only enough room for her red demonic eyes to peer over her shoulder and the bat like wings behind them.  "Altruistic?," she echoed, her soft sultry voice opposite to his more gruff one.  "Its about as self centered as it comes."

Squirrel girl huh?  That would be surprisingly easy to find.  "If I return alive from this encounter, I shall seek you out and grant you your first hint.  You understand right?  I cannot merely trust your words on a matter such as this."

To taste battle.  In truth, it was only recently that she enjoyed fighting opponents greater than her.  Battle was nothing but a burden to overcome before.  Maybe this one would be something worth taking apart.  "This tournament... were there any others?" she asked turning her attention towards the sky that existed beyond the clouds.  "The graces should have been scattered into pieces."

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 27, 2020, 02:54:48 PM »
Orcus

He chuckled, more to himself than the demon. "If not altruistic, then you are a liar. Or both," he said. Orcus shook his head slowly. "She was the only one who held the power you seek."

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2020, 02:04:29 AM »
Aruna

With a single flap of her batlike wings, Aruna shot into the air.  "Curiosity is the devil that compels us to sacrifice our souls, while our own ego is the angel who compels us to deceive.  The easiest person to lie to is oneself, despite knowing all.  Who do you lie to?"

The angel turned around, staring at Orcus one last time.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2020, 04:48:08 PM »
Orcus

He tilted his head at Aruna like she was a curious specimen. "That's for me to know. I wouldn't want to defeat the point of it."

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 29, 2020, 02:16:56 AM »
Aruna

Aruna didn't reply.  Instead, she smiled.  The air boomed as she shot into the sky, flying into the world beyond the clouds.  The demon's voice echoed through the sky, appearing just in front of Orcus as if she were standing in front of him. "You can't lie forever Orcus," it said.