Author Topic: Swole City  (Read 13521 times)

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Re: Swole City
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2019, 04:23:38 AM »
Mira

"Yeah, most of them. If you have the money to pay for the gym membership." Mira lifted an eyebrow in amusement. "So you want to get strong. Why? Do you like fighting? Are you protecting something? Does knowing someone exists who's stronger than you offend you?"

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2019, 04:34:39 AM »
Roman

Roman sneered at the question.  "You know, it pisses me off that your so on the nose," he said, flashing her a malicious smile.  "Yeah.  It pisses me off that someone is stronger than me.  Specifically, that people in this world are born special and rise through the ranks with their special abilities.  everyone in this damn city worth remembering has uncomprehendible power.  They can't stand above me if they are licking my boots!"

The man slowly removed his hand from the table, letting it fall at his side once again.  "Let me guess, your one of them aren't you?"

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2019, 04:43:36 AM »
Mira

"Worked for every bit of it." Her answer was immediate, and she clenched her hand audibly as if to demonstrate. "Only advantage I have is healing a bit faster than most."

If she was bothered by his ego, or his hostile intentions, Mira didn't let it show. Instead she lowered her fist and grinned at him. "Don't think I'll be doing any licking, though. You're welcome to try."

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2019, 04:54:17 AM »
Roman

Roman smiled and said, "Oh i'm going to like you.  I tell you what, if and when I do kick your ass, ill just step on you instead.  Sound fair?"

The man returned the gesture with an elbow to the table and an outstretched closed fist.  Then with a deep breath, he relaxed that fist, opening it up to the world.  "Unfortunately, I have nothing right now.  I don't even have special healing like you did.  I need something to get me up there.  Honestly, anything could work."

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2019, 05:07:15 PM »
Mira

"Well, your best bet to start is just to increase your physical ability." Mira said while idly scanning the crowd for the waiter. She really wanted her coffee, damn it. "All the fighting skill in the world won't matter if you're so far outclassed your attacks do nothing and you get swatted like a fly. So you were right coming to this place."

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2019, 01:04:26 AM »
Roman

Roman raised an eyebrow and said, "Wait why are you still on board with helping me?  I usually lose people after the crazy rant.  Yet your looking at me like a completely normal person."

A clanking sound could be heard as the waiter came up behind them.  He was pushing a cart carrying their drinks.  "Your coffee ma'am," he said, placing the cup on the table.  Another clank filled the air as he placed down two wine glasses filled with water.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2019, 04:51:07 AM »
Mira

"Huh?" She blinked a few times and tilted her head, but then the smell of coffee arrived and she took a minute to utterly ignore Roman in favor of smiling at the waiter. "Thanks! I've been craving some caffeine." Mira immediately went about enjoying that for a little bit. "Ahh~"

But then, finally, knowing she was being stared at for ignoring the question. She placed her cup down in front of her, half empty, and said "You'll either give up when it gets too hard, or you'll keep pushing until you're more than just bluster. Kinda cool to see which way it goes, ya know?"

Her eyes pierced into him, as if daring him to pick the first one.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2019, 11:43:19 PM »
Roman

The waiter looked at the two of them.  It looked like he was interrupting something, but his brain wandered towards the most natural thing.  "Are you two ready to order?"

Roman didn't hear the waiter.  No, he was frozen in place, as if those words by themselves were a binding spell, a cage crafted by the nexus's most powerful mage.  The eyes that stared back at her weren't the eyes of a man who knew the first not the second.  In fact, deep down, he knew that he could have started this process earlier.  Indeed if he was right about this he could have been a powerful teenager, but instead, he waited until he had reached his 20s.  Why?  Why did he do that?  It was a simple but pathetic answer, because he lacked the will, because deep down he thought of himself as beneath those who were special, those who were "abnormal."

"Yeah," he said, staring at her with a blank expression.

But not today.  He would conquer everything.

That blank expression turned into a small smirk.  "I think you'll be happy.  I'll show you that i'm the strongest weakling you've ever seen.  If all that costs me is a stake and an expensive gym membership, I don't mind at all."

Now that he had regained his composure, he silently wondered why she dodged the question.  In fact, this time, he waited for her to guide the conversation.  After all, with an exchange like that even he could grasp the reality of the situation.  The fact of the matter was she was stronger than him, in body and mind.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2019, 10:31:03 PM »
Mira

Mira let out a hum as he mentioned the word 'steak', and then turned to the waiter with an innocent smile. "Oh, I think I would like the ribeye, medium..."

As she proceeded to get the largest steak available on the menu, with the most expensive vegetable sides they had, she just continued to smile. Like she was some pure virgin on a date rather than the cruel and cynical reality.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2019, 03:25:32 AM »
Roman

GODAMN IT!

Roman eyed Mira, glaring at her with the intensity of a man who just watched hitler murder his jewish parents with a menrouah.  Yes it was that dramatic.  He was a man who lived with his parents and didn't make a lot of money.  Plus he was a cheap shit and he was proud.

"I'll take the cheapest salad on the menu."

"Yes sir," the waiter said with a raised eyebrow.

As the man vanished into the crowd, Roman turned back to Mira.  "Your going to give me your workout right?  There is no way the gym alone is worth it anymore."

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2019, 04:10:30 AM »
Mira

"Huh. Your loss," Mira said as she grinned at him. Clearly thinking about steak. But then she let out a hum, and moved her hand about in that sort of way that said 'maybe?' "My workout is a little advanced for you right now. But I'll tell you what - I was weaker than you once."

She sat back in her chair, and flipped a stray bit of hair back over her shoulder.

"So I've got some pointers that can help you get the most out of what you find here. When you won't break like a twig, if you're still at it, I might help you figure out how to actually use that strength."

It was really good steak. He didn't even understand.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2019, 07:32:32 PM »
Roman

Roman rolled back into his chair, taken a back.  "Weaker than me?  What were you a cripple?" he asked, immediately realizing that is what she meant.  "Oh... i'm sorry."

Still he couldn't help but think about the training.  He wondered if he could hold up against something that could possibly make a cripple into this.  It couldn't be that bad if it worked on someone weaker than an average out of shape male adult.  But then again.... the kind of mental fortitude she appeared to have had to come from somewhere, unless thats all hot air.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2019, 08:02:29 PM »
Mira

"I know at least one quadriplegic who could break you like a twig." She waved Roman away, and picked up her cup of coffee to start finishing the rest up. "First lesson: Don't judge strength by appearances."

It was some pretty damn good coffee, too.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2019, 08:08:40 PM »
Roman

"Oh well thanks for considering my ego," he retorted back, taking a sip of his water.  "Do you mind if we start after the meal?  I want to evolve from being able to get my ass handed to me by dudes in wheelchairs."

The waiter came back pushing a cart.  The second it bumped with the table, the smell of fresh stake wandered towards the two.  Roman sighed as he gazed upon the glorious meat.  At the very least, it looked like it was worth the money.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2019, 12:24:11 AM »
Mira

"No problem." Mira didn't make it clear if she was responding to his sarcasm or his question, because steak was officially here and she was smiling bright as a bulb up at the waiter. "Oh, thanks! Mmm, come to mama~"

The steak of course, not the waiter. As desirous as she was of it she managed not to eat like a slob. No, she took her time to savor the first bite...