Author Topic: Xibalba  (Read 12840 times)

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Xibalba
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2019, 10:34:25 PM »
Xibalba's streets

It was an ingenious plan! Much like an old fairy tale, he left crumbs behind him so he wouldn't lose his way in this forest of marble and stone. And surprisingly, there was fruit to be born from this: as he followed the boy, despite the similar views, thanks to the trail he left he'd realize that they weren't walking in circles after all! In fact, the more you'd look, the more you'd almost grow convinced there were slight changes to the structures, the shops, the streets.... even the people.

Nothing to worry about. Carry on.

"Sorry, are you lost?" A friendly young voice called out at Joseph. It came from behind.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2019, 10:51:21 PM »
Joseph

With a thought he looked through the eyes of his little critters. How strange. Joseph couldn't really augment himself, but he didn't consider himself particularly unobservant either. Someone walking up from behind him shouldn't have been that easy. Maybe he was just getting old, heheheh.

A bit of flourish had Joseph spin on his heel to face the person following him. "Oh, just a little bit. Exploring like this has been pretty interesting though."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2019, 11:13:39 PM »
Xibalba's streets

But he couldn't see.

When he turned around, the breadcrumbs Hansel laid out so carefully were gone without a trace. No glow under the moonlight would help him find them now, it was as if the birds had eaten them all. Only the man who was behind Joseph could be seen. Had he-

Suddenly, a sharp pang of static scratched in Joseph's skull. A shrill noise, white hot like melting metal coursing through one's brain, and for a split second he saw a smiling figure winking at Joseph knowingly, as if to mock him. As if it knew what it came for. An abyss that wasn't here was watching him.

But it was but a moment, and the vision was gone as if it were never there. There were only two in this intersection, three if you counted the outsider. So when the static stopped, the boy sweetest Joseph followed removed his headphones and looked irritated.

"No, I'm fine."

And before the older man could even make a reply, he took off with even greater urgency, leaving to wherever he was headed with what seemed for a moment like genuine worry. The old man sighed and shook his head, then turned around to tend to his garden. It seemed he wasn't addressing our little Hansel, he had never even taken account of our most precious Alice. But would he press on and search for the candied house, despite the witch's presence? Would he chase the rabbit until he reached the end of the hole inside his own mind? What would he do?

What will you do, Joseph?

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2019, 11:29:52 PM »
Joseph

He prodded at his own eye again after the whole affair. Well, he was sure it wasn't on his end! The degeneration had been kept in balance for a while now. He hated it when it was someone else that did that. Joseph's smile twisted into a slight frown as he stood right in front of the older man, feet trampling on some of the plants in the garden.

"Hello. Did you see me at all, or are you just a sophisticated simulacrum? It's alright if you're the latter. I won't tell anyone."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2019, 11:34:24 PM »
The Streets of Xibalba

"Simula... what? No, I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about. Is this what you youngsters call wizards nowadays?" He laughed lightly to himself, but seemed more preoccupied with his flowers. "My eyesight just isn't what it used to be. You look pale, so you blend in with the walls too well for a poor soul like me." He shook his head. "May I help you with something?"

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2019, 11:48:25 PM »
Joseph

"Oh, I was mostly wondering about the buildings under construction and the empty ones. I've mostly been doing a lot of sightseeing you see, trying to get a grasp on what's going on in this place." Another vial slipped from his shadow as he eyed the plants this time, giving them all a pretty thorough look.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2019, 11:58:46 PM »
The Streets of Xibalba

He stopped for a moment and thought. "This place used to be between gang territory. Most of the buildings were in fact places where they would operate, so the empty ones still need to be cleaned up and renovated to make sure they're safe to use. It wasn't always so calm here, the violence and drugs made it quite unsafe, especially when the other gangs got involved. But most people here had nowhere else to turn. Wildflowers hardly get to choose where they get to bloom, eh?"

He shrugged and pointed at the tower, hiding behind the thick walls of the inner center, and rising higher by the day.

"We got lucky. Our ruler is different, and thanks to her we can start rebuilding this place. Housings, schools, hospitals, and soon we'll even have our own cinema. Eventually, we'll have our official grand opening, and all this ugly past will be long behind us. We can start again from scratch, sounds pretty nice to me."

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2019, 12:07:35 AM »
Joseph

Joseph nodded along with the little story going on. "Wow, that really is wonderful." There was a glimmer in the alchemist's eye as he held his hands behind his back, shifting his weight from one foot to the other. "I don't suppose that it'd be too much of a bother to see what's behind the walls, would it?"

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2019, 12:13:00 AM »
The Streets of Xibalba

He shrugged.

"Take my word with a grain of salt, but I hear there has been a leak in the construction site beyond the wall as of late, and the fumes are absolutely horrible. I wouldn't want you to get hurt. Best to wait until the opening day, although..." He pondered for a moment, looking down on the ground.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2019, 12:32:11 AM »
Joseph

His hands clapped together with a joyous sound. "That's great! Have a good day, mister. Just give me a few minutes and I'll be on my way." Then he tilted the vial and poured its contents into the garden. Over the next few seconds the earth began to pulsate and the plants sink underneath the surface. Then with a sudden shake plant-wolf hybrids tore themselves free of the earth. Their bodies unnaturally having flesh bloom out of wood, blood flowing where the parts met as none of it fit right. "Do you mind accompanying me on the way?"

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2019, 12:35:08 AM »
Xibby

"...Oh, I don't think I can.... what the hell, sure." He threw his arms back, oddly in a manner that was all too familiar to Joseph. "What in the devil is that though? Are you some kind of magician?" He pointed at the plant creatures.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2019, 01:55:20 AM »
Joseph

He let out a good natured laugh at the assumption. "No, I'm nothing like a mage. These are just little experiments I've had laying around for a while. They'll help dive in the crack to make sure it doesn't instantly destroy all your flesh or something. That'd be pretty uncomfortable."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2019, 02:29:44 AM »
Xibalba's street

"What... do you mean?" He laughed nervously, and took a step back. Diving into his...flesh? "Is this a prank?"

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2019, 02:34:12 AM »
Joseph

He waved his hand dismissively. "Sorry sorry, did I say crack? I was talking about the leak in the wall. You said there would be dangerous fumes and stuff. You wouldn't want to run in there yourself, right? That's why they're going to do that for us."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2019, 02:41:48 AM »
XIbalba's streets, Near Side

"A-ah! I see..." He grinned and rubbed his temple sheepishly. O-of course, he knew that all along! Aha, the sweat on his forehead was just a coincidence after all. He held out his hand and grinned.

"Well, I could show you around I suppose. Follow me!" And with that, he put his gardening spade on the side and stepped forth.