Author Topic: Xibalba  (Read 12829 times)

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Re: Xibalba
« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2019, 07:28:07 PM »
Sur Carys

The elven reanimator observed the process silently, even the simple sounds of living such as breathing and involuntary motion absent from it. The creature stared with his empty white eyes as an unnatural life took hold of the materials used. But then finally it commented, "Yes, I can see the benefits of this. Her majesty approves of having a disposable line to reanimate later."

There was another moment of silence, and then it continued. "She is willing to provide you with some start up funds for another of your projects. You will require laboratory space, I suppose?"

It motioned with its staff to the floor. "We will have it dug out for you beneath this place."

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 23, 2019, 08:24:12 PM »
Joseph

"Well, if you want more than fodder I'll need better materials along with the space for culture vats and preservation tanks." He rubbed his cheeks a bit as a cheery smile came over him. "It's been so long since I've had a proper lab. The last one was destroyed by wizards of all people for the," and he paused to make air quotes with his hands, "the unethical experimentation of supernatural beings and peers. It took decades so that they'd stop chasing me. The Church might have been worse though. The medieval one especially. No good at all."

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 23, 2019, 10:36:35 PM »
Sur Carys

"We are unconcerned with the alleged ethics of the human race." The reanimator tapped its staff on the floor, and inclined a head. "Nor their religions. As long as you show her majesty the proper respect, and fulfill the requirements of her patronage, you shall have your materials."

It turned to leave. "Provide us a list of what you will require, and we will see what can be acquired at this time."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2019, 03:29:02 AM »
The Skies of Sur Carys

Nexus Time 7:55 PM

Ezekiel

The ball of fire streaked across the sky like a comet, drawing a fine of purple and crimson before vanishing like a slash of flames. And yet, these flames were like glass, invisible to the eye. No, something was concealing this, like a veil layered above them.

Zeke was sitting on the curled up creature, the little Joseph perched on his shoulder- he had to fetch him out eventually, but teasing him by totally going in the wrong ways? Priceless.

It was kind of fun. Just flying like this without having to worry about anything. But as they approached what he helped accomplish, his expression darkened.

"It's even more disgusting from above..." He smirked and sighed in defeat as they approached the district, welcoming the impact against the cloaking organism before they sank into its territorial influence... theirs. With that, the creature swooped down and landed on all fours, the flames and cloaking organisms seeping out like dissolved slugs, just in time as the flames had left but a handful alive. These hid  their presence, and devoured traces of light that would normally bounce off them. He explained it to Joseph along the way, but... he kind of didn't feel like it, so it was super vague.

Since they were there, he tossed Joseph straight on the grass, then hopped down and wiped the soot off his armour.

"Phew. Not going to thank the bus driver?" He grinned and glanced at Joseph.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 13, 2019, 12:53:04 AM »
Joseph

He hit the ground with a small grunt, landing right on his rear. That put another frown on his face. "You can be more gentle to the person who saved your life. I might not do it again if you keep doing stuff like that." Joseph pouted a little at that, cheeks puffing up in irritation as he looked away,

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 13, 2019, 01:40:14 AM »
Zeke

"Aw, sorry, sorry. I keep forgetting how fragile you all can be." He rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. There, there. I'll make it worth your while. See, I was actually looking for you. I have a present."

A grotesque maw opened from where his chest and shoulder should be, gleefully heaving out three vile and dark and absolutely scandalous things right by Joseph's feet. "Thought it might help your research out." He grinned and closed his eyes, before giving Joseph a cute head pat.

The two had never met. Even if he had started recently, there was no reason or way whatsoever that Zeke should even know about such things.

"Think you can work with these toys?"
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 01:40:51 AM by francobull3 »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2019, 03:25:11 AM »
Joseph

His eyes brightened at that, and his shadow greedily swallowed them up without a moment's notice. "That is useful. I think that I can use you more often if you do things like this." That meant that there were seven whole complete samples to work with! Wonderful! "So what is it you want to achieve?"

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2019, 03:43:06 AM »
Zeke

"Oh, I just want to destroy this world and crush every living thing in it between my grasp as I suck the life out of their screaming eyes and feed off their children for generations. You know, standard stuff." He crossed his arms and smiled at him like he just described the most casual saturday ever. "You believe me, right?" He asked him with a well meaning smile.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 14, 2019, 10:50:40 PM »
Joseph

Then he merely shrugged. The world meant a lot of things to a lot of people. More often than not, destroying the world didn't mean anything at all. He'd lived through many people who wanted to end what they thought 'the world' was. It was just too small to mean anything. "As long as you keep doing this I have no problems providing some help."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 14, 2019, 10:56:50 PM »
Zeke

"Wahaha! Wait, no friggin way! You actually bought that crappy speech?" his eyes widened up as he tried to contain a violent guffaw.

He failed.

"No way... Jeez, do I really seem that messed up?" He sighed with a placid smile, wiping a tear from a laughing eye.

And for a moment, words escaped him. Words spoken with true joy. The calm sort of happiness that was so unlike him, it had to be genuine. But the words... Were nothing but madness.

"You know, I'm a hero."
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 10:57:58 PM by francobull3 »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 14, 2019, 11:14:19 PM »
Joseph

"Okay." There was a silence there, as if he didn't have much more to say. Mostly because he didn't. Joseph considered himself a fairly normal guy after all! Talk about heroes and stuff just went over his head. All he wanted to do was live a nice, painless life like everyone else. "Do you want to get dinner?"

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2019, 11:31:57 PM »
Zeke

"Ayup." He didn't even need to say anything else. This was lunch break after all.

8:00 PM

NEXUS TIME

"*chew* Cho, whatch your *chomp* deal anywaysh *glomp* " The two were at the same restaurant where they had met earlier. Or well, were he met part of him. Then again, this whole section was him in some way shape or form. It was basically all his stomach, a place where dark organisms slumbered, awaiting their master's orders.

Speaking of stomach, this hamburger was friggin delicious. He was licking his fingers and moving his hand over to a basket of fries.

"Cheriouchly, *chew* I mean, It's cute and all, but isn't it a bit messed up? Using people as *slurp* dummy scalpel pincushions. What's the point?"

« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 11:33:07 PM by francobull3 »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 14, 2019, 11:45:30 PM »
Joseph

Joseph took a moment to answer, mostly because he was busy munching on pizza. The stretch of the cheese meant that he had to take a bit to nibble at it a bit before it would break. "Well, I thought it would be interesting. There aren't many creatures of fantasy left in my world after all. Bringing these strange things into a complete chimera satisfies my curiosity. If there was any grander purpose... hmm." But he left it at that.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 14, 2019, 11:53:09 PM »
Zeke

His eyes lit up and he ruffled the boy's head, before taking a nibble from his fry. A finger lickin' nibble. "Aw, that's adorable. Curiosity is a great motivation, so many great things came to be thanks to that. Like pizza, hamburgers, soporil..."

He paused and blinked for a second.

"Oh wait, no, forget the last bit. You gotta keep the dinner table politically correct. Anyways, so like, are we dating? Is this like, supposed to be romantic? Cause I feel I could kiss you any moment now, you cheeky rascal,"

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 15, 2019, 02:57:09 AM »
Joseph

"Soporil?" He pressed a finger to his cheek as the alchemist thought it over a little. "That sounds like a drug, but I've never heard of it before. Most of the modern drugs are more interesting than the ones that were around before, but they're not up to par with the special stuff yet. Fae dust is hard to beat."