Author Topic: Nexus Campus Town  (Read 14961 times)

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Nexus Campus Town
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2019, 11:38:30 PM »
Shinji

7:00 PM

Amidst all the rampaging chaos, a man was sprawled on a bench, a book sloppily laid on top of his face. If it weren't for the lack of blood, one could assume it was just some corpse. Scream, monstruous cries, the hissing of acid, explosions and the clashing of bone and metal... none of it seemed to matter to the man on the bench. It was as if he was taking a long, long nap, and couldn't be bothered by the troubles of this world.

Actually, he was taking a long long nap. Why he had come to this library, no one other than him could say.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 11:39:26 PM by francobull3 »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2019, 02:18:45 AM »
Library

In the chaos, it wasn't as if anyone could spare any time for him. As the battle lines slowly collapsed and the defenders had to pull further away from the castle, soon the sleeping man was beset by the beasts as well. Freakish snake-headed birds from above came down with razor sharp talons and poisonous spit, intent on tearing him apart.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2019, 02:21:23 AM »
Shinji

The man was still as a baby, as quiet as a rock. Just peacefully laying back with the book on his face

If the birds could read, which they.... probably couldn't, they night just notice the title: Cursed flowers and species of the Nexus. They certainly got close enough to do that.. Closer, closer-

Sadly a dozen shotgun shells got in the way of that page turner. In a sudden twist, the sleeping corpse raised his arm and pulled the trigger, and nothing more.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 02:21:55 AM by francobull3 »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2019, 03:09:22 AM »
Library

The birds were torn apart with the sound of explosives and a spray of blood. At the display of violence a part of the horde shifted, attracted by the opposition, swarmed towards the man. The tide of flesh was toxic in every sense of the word, from their fangs to their blood they were filled with poisons and venom to kill the man.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2019, 03:33:25 AM »
Shinji

A voice came from behind the book, almost responding to the shifting of the horde. "Hey, can't you kids zip it and let an old man sleep? Give me a break..." He yawned and stretched up of the bench. Finally, he was standing over the wooden chair. He seemed to have a large guitar case on his back, and was lazily holding his shotgun. Before he could take a better look at his surroundings...

-!

Monstrous beasts pierced him. His neck, his torso, his guts, even part of his shoulder were mauled and torn up by fangs like daggers, claws like scythes, and hard cold sword-like limbs dripping with venom. The man was literally a pincushion, closed in by all sides by a dozen poisonous stakes of flesh and bone, metal and meat. Other than a final, tired wheeze and the generous helping of drop spewing out of him, wasn't a twitch or a sound to that dead body.

The venom alone should kill him, and if not, his liver, kidneys heart, intestines and lungs were ripped to shreds. And yet, all of a sudden, a red fog seeped from his body, like a grim smoke. His muscles, his chest, his whole body was clenching around the chimera's prized weapons like a vice. And his body seemed to bulge and almost grow in size by a little. But most surprizing were his lifeless eyes.

Despite being trapped with them... They looked down on the animals, with a disappointed, unimpressed look. He tapped on his head with his finger dispassionately, giving them the very simple easy to understand memo-

Before he grabbed the guitar case and unleashed the massive axe inside with a violent sweep, a whirlwind all around to hack the beast's heads like baseballs with unmatched brutality, all in a single impossible swipe.

Cuz they were the ones trapped with him.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 03:50:21 AM by francobull3 »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2019, 05:04:36 AM »
Library

Poisonous and acidic blood spewed all over the man. Blood dissolved into black slurry, flesh rotted, and his body numbed. Others exploded at the death blow, sending spikes and bones flying like shrapnel. All of it was enough to kill any normal man many times over, and even if it couldn't do that it would at least slow most of the supernatural denizens in this place down. Especially since the waves simply didn't let up. The show of violence only encouraged more of the horde to center around him. Monsters ran straight for him, sailed down from above, or tore themselves out of the earth right under him, unconcerned with the casualties.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2019, 05:19:58 AM »
Yusho

It wasn't enough that Yusho made trouble for himself. Worse troubles seemed to have a mind of their own, and came after him like a knife-fish school after a bleeding goat.

His hands moved for themselves as he beheld the gruesome and visceral beast, shoving the books and writing materials to the side. It emerged after the vibrations under his feet that promised danger, but instead its multitudinous, unrelated pieces filled him with crawling unease, as if reading a dissonant hymn, contradictory scripts blotching into one another in praise of a duplicitious god. And its priest, or maker, in the ill-fitting guise of a youth, upon its back.

The dragon's foot crashed into the table, and it flipped forward onto the path of the creature's expulsions. The wood burst into splinters around Yusho's face, stopping the javelins as they cracked and bent through. Yusho's consulting materials fell at his feet with a soft thump, and he inhaled before swinging his torso into a right-handed straight.

Lightning from Yusho's fist split the screaming oak and crashed into the thing's maw. Wind and elemental light filled the room anew, as his eye scanned the surroundings for bystanders and the appearing aberrations. "If you wanted to treat me right, you'd sit and chat," the former monk spat, and rocketed himself off smoking feet. He dashed under the serpentine neck, and acrobatically kicked off between its legs, bounding up to the conductor. His voice rose again as he prepared to strike.

"Who are you, and what have you done?" And why did this monster look familiar?
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2019, 07:48:04 PM »
Nanako

Nanako sat up a bit straighter, her ears perking up as she felt a soft presence behind her, wrapping around her and pressing against, her bushy tail flicking back and forth just a bit faster.

Then realization bit her, the squirrel girl going stiff and still for a moment. That presence...it felt like it had been with her the whole time. Did that mean she knew...

Wait, don't think about it, she shook her head quickly, Ah, I guess. Turns out a friend on mine got kidnapped while I was sleeping, but we didn't end up having to do much to get him back. They just...let him go. Bit weird, really...

Carin

There was a sigh of relief behind her. I knew she would do the right thing. Then small, soft arms moved from Nanako's waist to her big fluffy tail. Now what was all that about? Mortals and their jealousies are so strange to me... that's what that was, right?

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2019, 08:36:11 PM »
Nanako

The squirrel girl gasped a little as she felt those small hands moving back, her tail going still as Carin wrapped her arms around it. Then her eyes widened and an embarrassed blush spread across her face as it turned out that Carin did in fact know about her trying to suplex the blonde bimbo.

It's not like that! She just sneaked in while I was away and fucked him, and I may not be sure of how I feel about Justice yet, but...hm. I guess it is like that.

Nanako's ears drooped a bit, the squirrel girl glancing back despite herself. Of course Carin wasn't physically there, but it still felt nice.

Well, I don't blame him for it, either way. She is pretty hot, all things considered.
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2019, 05:10:06 AM »
Carin

The goddess let out a soft hum as she wrapped herself around Nanako's tail some more, sounding for all intents and purposes content with this.

Does that mean you want to sleep with her, too?

She sounded so curious too.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2019, 07:45:39 PM »
Library Island
7:10 PM

The colors of dusk were starting to fall slightly on the palatial island, but there was no harmonious silence to accompany it. There were roars, yells, and screams echoing out, and smoke rising off some of the windows. As bystanders and students tried to evacuate, alchemical monsters made themselves obstacles.

But along the main exits of the castle, at the end of decorated stairwells, and at the gate of the principal bridge to the town, dolorous statues groaned and came to life, one set at a time. The guardians interposed themselves between the struggling defensers and the beasts, taking the frontline with spear and shield. A half-reptilian half-insect beast saw itself surrounded, and rather than barrel through, leaped out of a second story terrace.

The boy captive in its yawning ribcage of spiked carbon screamed woozily at the fall, but it didn't stop. Brick cracked as it landed on an empty walkway of yellow brick, on one of the outside paths of the castle. It was separated in height from the sands and rocks that briefly preluded the shore only by a low battlement, and the creature's corrosive droll spilled on the road as it reared up towards its escape.

But the space wasn't empty. A figure robed almost entirely in a dark cloak stood to the side, brilliant hair and shining eyes peeking from under a large hood. Then the ground trembled, and with a light swing of a feminine hand, separated itself from its foundations. A curtain of bricks was pulled loose from the length of the road, rising to block the sunlight, and clattered in menace.

The thing could not move another step before a brick shot forward like a bullet, taking its twisted ankle out from under it with a splatter of green. It growled viscerally, and stumbled into the path of more projectiles. Meat flew off its twisted legs, joints cracked, and its skull shattered, sending it reeling.

The wave pelted the monster without restraint, booming like a continuous salute of cannons until there was nothing left but a puddle of gurgling flesh bits, green blood, and drops of acid. The cage-like set of ribs, ripped from it, clattered down and broke open with a click. The sweating, heavily breathing student fell out, and the cloaked woman caught him softly.

"You're alright now," she said, patting his tussled hair for a second.

His head shook, as if unable to decided between nodding and saying no, as she pulled him to the side of the ravaged path, next to a small door, adjusting his crooked glasses. She opened it and without another word, pushed the boy inside, to the safety of the Clocktower. When she swung it closed, it was back to being a mundane door to the corridors of the castle library.

"Now then."

The Headmaster closed her eyes for a moment. And then threw herself through the door too, eyebrows furrowed in concentration. She emerged in one of the underground floor of the library, out of a service closet, and swung her hands together, crushing five monsters between the accumulated weight of the titanic bookcases. To the adventurers and fighters there, she nodded before moving on, rushing back into the closet door.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 07:47:30 PM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2019, 07:49:59 PM »
Joseph

With an almost total disregard for his safety, although there wasn't much he could do anyways, the alchemist stayed still as the blow struck his head with explosive force. Blood and shards of bone were all that remained of Joseph's head after such a strike. But his body remained upright.

The beast reeled as well, wailing almost like a human in pain, but its winding head turned about sharply despite the burns on its face. Instead of needles a red haze poured out from its mouth, filling the room. The black spikes burst from its body instead, intent on impaling the martial artist while he was still in the air. They were rather odd, all things considered. While black there was an almost transparent quality to them. They almost looked more like syringes then weapons.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 06:25:38 AM by Umbra of Chaos »

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2019, 12:35:29 AM »
Yusho

Wha-

The crease of Yusho forehead flickered out. He pulled his arm back, as if the ease with which it had splintered a person's head was alien to him, mouth inexplicably drooping open. The occultist hadn't even tried avoiding or blunting it, he'd just let the dragon-blooded crush his skull!

His surprise while still bouncing on top of the wounded monster left him in a poor position for what came next. Wind flowed around him as easy as breathing, pushing away the red haze whether it was poison or hallucinogen, and against the spikes, he twisted himself in the air, breath burning from the forceful motion. His knifehand and elbow smacked away a handful, and his knee broke another against it, but two would have stuck his chest and instead stabbed into his arm.

Yusho flipped off the beast, snapping off the spikes and speeding back. As he pulled out the tips of the broken projectiles, he aligned his body with the form of the Air Dragon, and reached into his coat for a set of razor discuses.

The body of the beast's conductor hadn't fallen over yet.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 12:37:18 AM by YOLF »

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2019, 01:31:51 AM »
Nanako

Nanako quivered contentedly as Carin snuggled up closer with her tail, trying to resist the normal urge to flick back and forth excitedly to keep it from moving out of little goddess's grasp, a task made much harder by Carin not being physically there. Her question, however, had her going still for a moment, her blush darkening for a moment as her ears perked up. It actually gave her a moment's pause as she realized Carin did have a point, part of her wondering if this was going to become a running theme with the little goddess.

Ah, yeah, guess I do, Nanako admitted after a long moment, Like I said, she's hot. Didn't seem too strong, but that's not a total deal-breaker.

The squirrel girl quickly realized where she was going with that and cut herself off, glancing away, slightly embarrassed by the idea of having to explain her masochism to the cute little goddess, a warm shudder running through her at the brief thought of how Carin might judge her for it.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 01:37:08 AM by Panda »
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2019, 03:13:57 PM »
Joseph

A warrior with a keen enough eye could notice the spikes that had struck him were no longer a pure black. A deep red color had filled them, and the broken spikes spilled blood across the ground. In that instant the creature had already siphoned some of the blood from Yusho's body. The beast wasn't sated at all by such a small amount given the hissing of its elongated head, but it was kept in check by the raised hand of its headless master.

Tendrils emerged from the ragged, bleeding stump of Joseph's neck. They wrapped in on themselves before fusing and changing coloration, revealing a ruined face. But that too changed so quickly one could mistake the image for an illusion. Bone fused and flesh knit together in a near instant, revealing the alchemist's carefree face.

"Well that was rude. Don't you know how hard it is to regenerate a brain? It's a very complicated organ." The chiding tone in his voice was more reminiscent of one of the man's childhood teachers rather than an opponent. "I was going to let you off lightly. Once I was done with one or two of your limbs I was going to give them back, I swear. But that just made me change my mind."

The beast advanced upon a floor of horrors. Squirming tendrils, canine horrors of warped bone, screeching avians whose lower bodies more resembled mosquitoes, they trampled and crushed each other in their rush towards him. But in comparison to its siblings, the batlike creature was slower and more ponderous. Its eyes gleamed with animal cunning, ready to strike out with beastly claws and draining needles at any opening.