Author Topic: Nexus Campus Town  (Read 24289 times)

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Re: Nexus Campus Town
« Reply #150 on: February 16, 2020, 10:45:28 PM »
Entheo

"Well look at that," Entheo said.  "I think you should thank him.  Go ahead, ill give you my body."

The red orb flew into Entheo's chest, causing the boy to shine with a blinding light.  In his place that familiar man took his place. A hand was extended, reaching out to meet the one known as Slayer.

"Thank you for taking care of him.  It is hard when I can only take this form using Entheo's body."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 18, 2020, 01:31:48 AM »
Shinji

"If you ask me, you're pampering him too much. Brat needs to be smacked down a peg or two. Maybe that'll teach him some manners." He just talked aloud and aloofly like Entheo couldn't hear him loud and clear, and shook the geezer looking man's hand.

"And don't thank me. I don't recall doing any of you a favor. Far as I'm concerned, I'm just trash who almost shot down a dumb kid. Nothing honorable about that."

There was a dark aura about him. No, not quite. Perhaps this was the weight of regret, dark and suffocating.

The pup smacked the poor ghost kitty on its back playfully a bunch of times at hyperspeed in the background. He was so excited!

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 18, 2020, 02:39:39 AM »
Sakuyomi Gezo (Entheo possessed)

Hey! he said withing Sakuyomi's mind, forgetting the "slayer" wouldn't hear him.

The old man simply laughed at Slayer.  "Perhaps," he said, his voice bellowing.  It was several pegs deeper than Entheo's.  "Honor is a complicated thing.  The only universal truth of honor is that you stick to your principles and I think you did that today.  Besides, I appreciate not having to spend all day looking for a new home."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 18, 2020, 03:05:24 AM »
Shinji

"Tch, whatever." He grunted and broke off the hold, brooding. It's only because he had his back turned from the geezer that no one could notice Shinji blushing.

With that, he decided to be the responsible and productive adult and walked up to the kitchen, opened the fridge and began the search for ingredients.

"Any allergies?"

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 18, 2020, 03:18:35 AM »

With a confident grin and his muscular chest puffed out, the old man said, "I have none and neither does the boy.  Do you happen to have any cat food?"

Meanwhile, the cat stared at the dog, dazed and confused, its tail wishing back and forth as it backed away.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 18, 2020, 11:20:37 PM »
Shinji

"Yes, I just so happen to sprinkle it on my strawberry parfaits when I'm feeling it." He answered sarcastically. Cat food? Really!? Did he look like some frigging charity?

He guessed he'd have to cook some.

With that, he chucked some meat, vedgetables, eggs, fish and tofu from the fridge. He got more spices from the pantry, put on his apron and chef's hat, and started putting all the categories next to one another on the counter. He moved with such efficacy, it looked like he'd practiced this sort of thing for centuries. Once he set the necesary ingredients up on the cutting board...

He grabbed his massive ax and started hacking at them brutally. It was absolutely terrifying to watch. His grip, the sweat, everything about this made it look like a cyclone of death. Each slash was enough to cleave a man in half, let alone cabbage.

Yet the counter did not receive a single scratch.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 19, 2020, 07:47:22 PM »
Sakuyomi Gezo

The old man immediately got to work assisting the man.  His thick forearm reached for a bottle of soysauce, grabbing it and tossing it to Slayer.  "Good good, I think we are both tired of feeding Custard scraps," he said.  "Although I guess that doesn't matter too much since she's dead!"

He let out a hearty laugh.

"So tell me what you are doing here on this campus young man?  I assume your studying something right?  Are you seeking more honorable work?"
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 01:35:44 AM by yinsukin »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 21, 2020, 09:44:35 PM »
Shinji

"Hands off, I didn't ask for your help and I sure as hell don't need it." He took the soy sauce anyways and started by marinating the cuts of beef and pork he had chopped up alongside thinly sliced ginger, garlic and scallions. With a swipe of his axe, he separated the meat from the rest of the ingredients and began to vigurously and finely preparing the vedgetables.

"I guess I got nowhere better to be. And unlike at the citadel, I can study curses peacefully here without some crazy bastard trying to tie me up on a medical table."

His eyes darkened under his shadow, and for a moment he had his back completely turned from his guest.

T h r e e     d a y s .   T h r e e    d a y s    t o    m a k e   y o u r   p e a c e .  U n t i l    t h e n ,    I   w i l l    l e a v e   y o u    b e . . . D o   n o t    l e t     y o u r    p e o p l e     b e     y o u r    s h i e l d .   S o m e t i m e s    d y i n g    a l o n e  . . .   i s   m o r e   p l e a s a n t .

What nonsense. No good could come from such a monstruous way of thinking. But if these bastards would strike the innocents here again, he'd be there to kick their asses. He wouldn't let them get the drop on him this time.

Since they took care of Yusho for him, he owed them that much.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 28, 2020, 06:23:55 PM »
Sakuyomi Gezo (Entheo Possessed)

Once again, the old man laughed and said, "Nothing wrong with asking for a little help.  Someone strong but alone might as well be a gnat.  Besides, if you are going to be so kind as to help us, let us help you help us."

He tossed him some salt.  "By the way, I enjoy my food lightly salted.  Before I died, I did as all old men do and learned the joys of abusing table salt.  Even when I am borrowing Entheo's body I prefer my food salted."

What do you think we should do about that bounty?

Well I suppose we should see if we can either get it retracted or take care of the guy who put it out.

What if its like 100 people who all put a bounty on us?

We make a list.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 28, 2020, 06:30:50 PM »
Shinji

"Don't even think about it." He ominously moved about as if he somehow read the kid's mind. Was he some kind of psychic? No, surely not, but this ominous feeling...

He grabbed the salt like a perfectly coordinated cooking machine, but put it on the side. If he salted the ingredients now, he might not be able to control the quantity later on. "If you really want to help, grab the beef and pork and start mincing it finely. There should be a knife somewhere in the back."

As he said that, he put the scallions, onions, ginger, garlic and a chopped chicken carcass with little to no meat left in a big pot, before filling it with cold water. As soon as he did that, he cranked up the heat so it'd gradually get warm and start simmering, at which point he'd lower the heat so he'd simmer the broth very gently.

At the same time, he tossed the kid three eggs. "Mix those in the mince when you're done. And don't worry about overworking them, we need them to be firm and cook for a while. Just don't turn them into a paste either."
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 06:33:09 PM by francobull3 »

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 29, 2020, 07:42:15 PM »

Huh?

It didn't even take a second.

A hand reached out and grabbed a knife while another hand pulled out a cutting board.  A blur obscured the surface of the board, the only thing visible was a streak of silver, the chef's knife mincing the meat.  In the middle of the carnage, the old man grabbed the eggs, slammed them into the table and poured the yolk onto the cutting board.  His muscular hands kneaded the meat, fingers digging into the pink flesh.

"Why not?" Sakuyomi asked.  "We will be hunted forever if we don't do anything."

Maybe the boy was psychic.  It wouldn't bother the old man.  Its not like they had anything to hide from him.

« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 07:45:23 PM by yinsukin »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 29, 2020, 11:40:20 PM »
Shinji

His glare was grave, even as he added herbs and aromatics to the mince just as it got kneaded. With that, he moved to the fresh fish and began to fillet it expertly.

"Attacking others recklessly could be just what the bastard wants. An excuse to legitimize the bounty... And get more string enforcers to pitch in the prize money. You're both on thin ice."

The axe dropped on the head, which he then grabbed and added to the broth pot.

"I'll do it. That way you won't have to take the fall."

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 01, 2020, 12:10:15 AM »

The old man lined up each of the balls on the cutting board, ready to place them in a bowl or baking sheet upon request.  Meeting the boy's glare with one of his own he said, "And what, you think taking the fall for us will fix anything?  Where does that leave you?"

He doesn't actually think we would just let someone take the fall for us right?

Perhaps he has an actual plan.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 01, 2020, 12:25:17 AM »
Shinji

"Don't know. Don't care."

As the bones slowly simmered, their deep flavors enriched the broth. This was a slow, tender process that required love and care. And as the bones simmered, he'd use a spoon to draw the scum out of the water.

It was starting to smell super good... But not good enough. He added some spice to the water. And as he did, his eye glowed red.

"if they think they can curse an innocent man in society's eyes and cast him as a demon... Just to bleed him dry for someone's selfish games... I'll show them what a true demon acts like."

In hindsight, no one gets called The Slayer by playing nice.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 01, 2020, 01:31:08 AM »
Entheo

The body of the old man gave way to the young one, those massive muscles shrinking, the silver hair darkening to jet black.  Clothes shifted and changed until the appearance of Entheo was restored.  Those blue eyes shimmered, a frown focused on the strange zombie man known as slayer.

"Dude, its alright," he said, running his fingers through his hair.  "No one has to become a demon for a dumbass grave dweller like me.  I knew I liked you for some reason.  Its because of that spirit.  If you really want to help me that bad, help me help myself.  I'm not looking for anyone to solve my problems for me."