Author Topic: Nexus Campus Town  (Read 16331 times)

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Re: Nexus Campus Town
« Reply #240 on: September 08, 2020, 05:41:45 AM »
Neptune

Oh I guess...." She stepped out of the way to let him in to the shop. It was disaster now, all the moving boxes already made it look messy but with the grown door having crashed into them it was now looked like utter chaos.  "Sorry for the mess, I've just moved over here cause the old place was in a bad spot for business and all, actually..."

She moved on closer to get a better look at him, and not even the stench of booze dettered her. "You don't look like someone who'd be a client, did you get the right place?"

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 08, 2020, 01:33:05 PM »
Marc

Hm, that'd be bad... if I drove all this way for nothing. But that couldn't be right, this time he made sure to ask around before coming. Word-of-mouth is a solid foundation to any business enterprise!

"Ayup, I think so." He was relaxed as ever, even as he stepped into the wreck of a place. Glancing at the scattered boxes, even he managed to crack a grin and give the lady a thumbs up.

"Don't sweat it, I get it. But if you don't mind me asking, what do the usual customers look like? I hope they're not more adorable than me, competition's hard enough as it is."
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 01:35:24 PM by Kotomine_Rin »

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 08, 2020, 03:53:05 PM »
Neptune

"PFFFFT-"

Is he for real? It's obvious what anyone else would think....

"Please, anyone else would agree I'm the adorable one here, you'll have to settle for second best.... You're way better than the regulars though, they're all a bunch of rich snobby assholes, and most of them hit on me... Wait!"

She circled around him as she noticed the rifle hoisted on his back, her eyes sparkled with mad interest and an intensity unlike anything else. Is that a Colt Lightning pump action rifle? I haven't seen one in a while but why are you using that model? It jams a lot..."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 08, 2020, 04:17:11 PM »
Marc

"Woah, you know your stuff! Haha, that's mostly a collector's item." He waved his hand aloofly, taken aback by the impressive statement. She could identify it from a glance? That's the real deal for you. He paced around and hoisted the gun off his shoulder, letting the shopkeeper take a better look.

"Antiques like that have their charm... like a sweet old grandma who bakes oatmeal cookies. Sure, it's no chocolate chip, but if treated with love, they are just as delicious! ...That and I got it auctioned at a killer price. It's an original 1884 model."

Basically, he was a cheapskate. However, would a guy embarassed by that manage to smile that confidently?

"If I fire that beauty, it won't jam." He uttered those words as if they were an undeniable fact.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 04:18:35 PM by Kotomine_Rin »

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 08, 2020, 06:40:16 PM »
Neptune

Neptune put her hands on the barrel, tracing her hands up and down with a fascinated expression. Her eyes suddenly glowed a myriad of colors, cycling through the whole spectrum of the rainbow before settling back on faintly glowing purple. She nodded to herself, so engrossed in examining the weapon that she didn't even respond to him, instead she just mumbled to herself.

"Regular ammunition huh, what a shame, the heights I could bring you to... May I..... Would you let me work on this? I haven't worked on a classic gun in soooo long, I'll make sure to keep the look and feel of it of course but there's so many upgrades I could add to that bad boy and make it the sweetest rifle you've ever had...."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 08, 2020, 06:52:40 PM »
Marc

The scruffy man beamed and put a hand on his hip.

"Hoho! Sure! And hey, I'm kind of curious to know what the 'Forger of the Stars' is all about. Do you like working on older models?" He handed her the gun. It's not like he was worried, the safety was on.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 08, 2020, 10:45:06 PM »
Entheo

"Only the boring ones," Entheo said with a shrug.  He glanced at the bird.  It was a spirit too.  Who was this guy?  The cat ran behind Entheo's leg, poking its head out to hiss at the bird.  "Wait are you a teacher?  What are you doing at seven eleven?"

Aren't you a little old to be talking back to a teacher?  What are you like 16?

Shut up.  Your the reason I still have this habit.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 08, 2020, 10:52:41 PM »
Lawrence

The ashen man looked down on the kid with two flat eyes, staring at him as if he were exasperated already.

"You know, I still need food like everyone else. Do I look too old for candy?"

Actually, he didn't look old at all. The guy would probably pass for a guy in the early twenties if he weren't so sickly. "Chocolare wrapped almonds, jujubes or caramel popcorn?" He asked the kid with the straightest face.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 08, 2020, 11:04:22 PM »
Entheo

Entheo simply stared at the man for a moment, letting those words hang in the air.  "I'll take chocolate wrapped almonds," he said, lowering his eyes at the man.  "I mean you don't really look that much older than me.  Did you really just stop by here for snacks?  You know there is actual food across the street right?"

Still, the young man couldn't help but smile.  He chuckled at the thought of a teacher huddled in his office surrounded by candy and chips.

The truth of getting old is knowing where your childhood muses belong in your adult life, not simply abandoning them Entheo.

Shut the hell up!  Weren't you just chastizing me a second ago for "acting like i'm 16?"

And my childhood muse is backtalking smartasses.

And mine is being a proud smartass.

And thats why we get along.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 08, 2020, 11:07:05 PM »
Lawrence

"Who said they were for you? Go buy your own candy." He picked the chocolate almond box and put it on the counter. That, the energy bar and the coffee... my, 4 dollars? Inflation was simply getting outrageous.

"You shouldn't skip classes, it'll make your brain rot." He added nonchalantly while paying for his stuff, not even sparing the boy a glance.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 08, 2020, 11:11:11 PM »
Entheo

Entheo once again shrugged and said, "fair enough.  But no thanks, just blew all my money on two blonds and a good time.  I think my brain is already plenty rotten."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 08, 2020, 11:17:04 PM »
Lawrence

He blinked for a second, then smiled as if he got it. "Then I feel sorry for the ladies." He tapped his cane and began to walk away.

Suddenly, something picked the kid up by the collar with a shocking amount of strength. Its cold breath and deep ebony color barely warned of its presence, but a massive lion made from some black shadow had gripped his clothes by the collar to drag the kid away.

"If you don't have money, then you shouldn't loiter a shop, it's poor manners. Come to my class, it's free." He could say the silliest thing in the straightest most deadpan tone.

It's not like he wasn't dragging him to it.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 08, 2020, 11:22:43 PM »
Entheo

"What the..."

Entheo was suddenly staring at the ground from above, his feet dangling as he hung from whatever was holding him from behind.  Quick Sakuyomi, fuse with me!  I'm getting out of here!

Are you kidding me?  I'm not letting you use my power for class.  Also, you didn't let me eat any of the pizza.  The best part about being a ghost is now I don't have to care about my own nutrition, only yours.

"So you are a teacher!"  Entheo said, waving his arms and legs around trying to get free.  "Wait, i'm a college student.  You can't just drag me to class?  I'm not in high school damn it!  I can skip when I want!"

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 08, 2020, 11:28:47 PM »
Lawrence

"If you're not a high schooler, then cease acting like a child. You don't look like you're spending your time in any productive fashion anyways." He sighed and dragged him away from the shop, his fiery bird following along.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 08, 2020, 11:32:50 PM »
Entheo

"The truth of getting old is knowing where your childhood muses belong in your adult life, not simply abandoning them," Entheo said, pointing his finger to the sky with his eyes closed.  He stopped kicking his arms and legs and slumped in the creature's grip.

You son of a- you know what.  I'm just going to follow along and enjoy watching, the red orb said, floating behind Entheo.  The blue cat turned back into an orb and slipped into Entheo's pocket, hiding from the bird.