Author Topic: Nexus Campus Town  (Read 16105 times)

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Re: Nexus Campus Town
« Reply #300 on: September 17, 2020, 10:48:26 PM »

Marc

"Scary, scary. Don't sweat it, my hands are clear." He put them up, palms in the air, and waddled behind her pace. She was a nice girl, don't get him wrong, but if there's one thing he hated, it was secrets. Finding out wouldn't be hard, sure, but if he bothered to ask it was because he wanted to hear it from the horse's mouth. And that's why he wasn't going to show mercy here.

"Hmm, the first star... Two years?"  He smiled innocently behind her.

Neptune

"Wow..."

She actually turned around and looked at him with eyes as deep as the cosmos. Perhaps it was because of the power that dwelled within her, but whatever the case they truly looked like portals leading to an unending void.

"You flunked school didn't you? And it's been 4 years thank you..."

Yeah definitely some weird power, no matter how many seconds passed her eyes still looked as unnatural.

"Oh and your hands being clean, please.. You got some real intense muscle definition under your outfit, you walk like a martial arts master, don't even deny it. I've served a bunch of people from the Dojo and I know what they look like. And seeing how you're a mobster you've probably choked people to death..."

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 18, 2020, 12:41:20 AM »
Sakuyomi Gezo

But the man wouldn't find the young one.  Instead, a large silver haired old man with a chiseled face and large muscles leaned against the wall with his arms folded.  Despite it being a school, he wasn't wearing a shirt, with a champions belt and gee pants being the only other thing he wore.  His upper body looked as though it was sculpted by marble, large muscular arms, an enormous warriors chest and thick muscular back.  His belly was flat, his skin tan.  Not a single student was near him, perhaps afraid of his piercing glare.  THe second he heard the professor's unique footsteps, he unfolded his arms, let them fall to his side and walked to meet the professor.  He extended a hand, accompanying it with a warm smile and said,

"Hello professor.  Did you enjoy our little debate?  You probably don't recognize me.  Its me, Entheo."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 18, 2020, 10:18:05 PM »

Marc

"Scary, scary. Don't sweat it, my hands are clear." He put them up, palms in the air, and waddled behind her pace. She was a nice girl, don't get him wrong, but if there's one thing he hated, it was secrets. Finding out wouldn't be hard, sure, but if he bothered to ask it was because he wanted to hear it from the horse's mouth. And that's why he wasn't going to show mercy here.

"Hmm, the first star... Two years?"  He smiled innocently behind her.

Neptune

"Wow..."

She actually turned around and looked at him with eyes as deep as the cosmos. Perhaps it was because of the power that dwelled within her, but whatever the case they truly looked like portals leading to an unending void.

"You flunked school didn't you? And it's been 4 years thank you..."

Yeah definitely some weird power, no matter how many seconds passed her eyes still looked as unnatural.

"Oh and your hands being clean, please.. You got some real intense muscle definition under your outfit, you walk like a martial arts master, don't even deny it. I've served a bunch of people from the Dojo and I know what they look like. And seeing how you're a mobster you've probably choked people to death..."

Marc

Those eyes...!

The mobster stopped for a moment and just looked around, not even looking at Nep after what she just said. Instead, he just glanced at the ceiling lazily, like he was talking to just about anyone. "Hey... careful there. That's some scary talk."

He scratched his head aloofly and just toyed about, but there was a certain seriousness to those words.There went his doubts, she had to be the real deal. That, or suicidal.

"I've actually got a certificate in carpentry and masonry!"

He didn't even acknowledge the choking people to death part. Or maybe that was a bait-and switch. Anyways, he put his hands to his hip and grinned. "So you can tell that much just from the way I walk? Impressive. Do you... watch underground fights often?"
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 10:38:35 PM by Kotomine_Rin »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 19, 2020, 12:10:00 AM »
Sakuyomi Gezo

But the man wouldn't find the young one.  Instead, a large silver haired old man with a chiseled face and large muscles leaned against the wall with his arms folded.  Despite it being a school, he wasn't wearing a shirt, with a champions belt and gee pants being the only other thing he wore.  His upper body looked as though it was sculpted by marble, large muscular arms, an enormous warriors chest and thick muscular back.  His belly was flat, his skin tan.  Not a single student was near him, perhaps afraid of his piercing glare.  THe second he heard the professor's unique footsteps, he unfolded his arms, let them fall to his side and walked to meet the professor.  He extended a hand, accompanying it with a warm smile and said,

"Hello professor.  Did you enjoy our little debate?  You probably don't recognize me.  Its me, Entheo."

Lawrence

"Just because you disagree doesn't mean you have to dislike one another. But I don't remember having talked to you." He stopped and smiled wrily at the old man. "What's the matter? Came to whine and moan about your boy? Apologies, but you must mistake me with one of the care nurses downstairs. I do not care."

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 19, 2020, 12:44:25 AM »
Sakyuomi Gezo

I told you it wouldn't work.  No one is that dumb Entheo.

No look, keep selling it.  You gotta work hard these days Sakuyomi.  Its not like the old days.

The old man laughed, leaving his hand there for the other man to grab.  "I told you, its me Entheo," he said, maintaining his gaze, only a blink to break up the intensity of his piecing gaze.  His voice bellowed like thunder in a cave.  "What would I be whining about?  Besides, I don't dislike him.  In fact, I respect the man."

Hey don't put words in my mouth!  Your playing me remember?  I don't tell people that so casually!

You should.  People like a men who wear their hearts on their sleeve.  Its a show of confidence in one's emotions.

Gezo glanced at his own hand, then back at the man.  "Besides, if you really didn't care, you wouldn't have brought it up.  I don't have any parents anyway, so you don't need to worry about any of those conversations."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 19, 2020, 12:56:04 AM »
Lawrence

"Nah. Miss me with that stuff." Lawrence put his hands in his pockets like a total punk and ditched the sorry schmuck. If there's one thing he hated more than anyone, it was liars and fakes.

But before he left to get the icecream he craved, he stopped in his tracks and spared 'Entheo' one more glance.

"Oh, but are you sure you should be drawing this much attention? You've got a bounty on your head, don't you?"

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 19, 2020, 04:35:49 PM »
Sakuyomi Gezo

Damn.. fine fine.

Told you.

"The one with a bounty is Entheo," he said, maintaining his smile, but letting his hand fall to his side.  "The one known as Sakuyomi Gezo has no such bounty.  Besides, as Entheo would say, it really 'isn't our style' to worry about such things."

He turned around, shooting that piercing glance through the professor's back.  "So then.  What do you actually intend to do about this threat?  Was that all talk or do you have some sort of plan?"

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 19, 2020, 05:00:18 PM »
Lawrence

Lawrence raised a brow inquisitively and shook his head like he was correcting a kid. "Sorry, I couldn't care less about the dead. And who just tells a guy you're you and then tell them you're not you the next second? God, you're both hopeless."

With a tired sigh, he waddled up to the old man and pat him on the shoulder.

"Word of advice. Leave that stuff to your head. Otherwise people will think you're losing it."

Hey...

It's true though. Maybe if you didn't spend all that time talking to yourself you'd be more popular with the ladies.

"And no, no plan. At least not one I'm being told of. But word of advice, don't bother with schemes. Life has a habit of making sure plans don't go the way you intend them. Capiche?"

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 19, 2020, 05:10:44 PM »
Sakuyomi Gezo

"I must say you are much more dower than that mask of an ideal professor you wore in class," he said, his smile finally reversing into a frown.  "After all, when you phrase it like that, it makes it sound as if you don't intend to do anything.  Although I suppose I could interpret that as you saying you want to take a more straightforward approach to solving this problem."

You are giving this guy way too much of our time.

Come now Entheo.  Don't you think this man is curious?

Maybe but we can't go around solving every problem in this city.  For an old man, your acting awfully naive.

Entheo, the world is much smaller than you would think.  Experience is transferable, and people are linked in mysterious ways.  Keeping an open mind in these cases often means looking in areas that aren't obvious.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 05:18:42 PM by yinsukin »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 19, 2020, 05:20:35 PM »
Lawrence

"Nope. Just stating the obvious. Plans have a funny way of getting leaked and turned upside down. Oh, but what do I know. It's not like I've ever commanded anyone before." It was hard to tell if he was being snappy, sarcastic, or serious.

He was probably being snappy and sarcastic though.

"And why the heck are you hiding in there and making him do all the talking. Are you intimidated by a cripple or something? Huh? Huh?" He poked gezo on the head with his cane, but it was pretty obvious who he was talking about.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 05:24:00 PM by Kotomine_Rin »

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 19, 2020, 06:50:24 PM »
Sakuyomi Gezo/Entheo

A bright light enveloped Gezo's body.  When the light faded, the young man reappeared in his place, a vacant look in his eye.  A red orb flew out of Entheo's heart and floated next to his head.  With a sigh and wave of his hand he said,  "Because I don't care about any of this stuff.  I just came to the class to learn magic after all.  Whats your beef with me?"

He folded his arms behind his head, watching the man carefully.

You really think he is worth paying attention to?

Well at the very least, having a spirit companion seems fairly rare here.  Besides, you don't have to act so coy.  You don't dislike him do you?

No he's alright.  He at least deserves respect.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 19, 2020, 11:33:32 PM »
Lawrence

His cane tapped the ground, and he rubbed his head as if there was a throbbing pain he didn't want them to notice.

"I dislike cowards, but even worse is a lying coward. Hiding behind your friend and pretending to be him just to make a point is low. And even worse, you suck at acting."

He grounded the cane to support himself better, but stared the kid in the eye. "That's fine though. I don't actually have beef with you. But saying all that stuff to those kids, don't you think it's a bit much? You should have apologized to them."

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 20, 2020, 09:14:19 PM »
Entheo

See Entheo.  Look at all the damage your pranks can cause.  This guy thought you were hiding from him.

Eh who cares.  Let him think what he wants.

Entheo sighed, meeting the professors gaze with his own, unmoving like a statue, even when the cane pressed against his forehead.  "Everyone carries the burden of mortality.  I'm the kind of person who believes in stronger people, not lighter loads.  I spoke up without realizing most people forget about that burden as they go about their daily lives.  I think it was the right thing to remind them of that."

Then, Entheo lowered his eyes at him, frowning.  "You say you don't have beef, but your asking I apologize.  What do you consider yourself some hero?  You can't protect everyone, especially not on your own."

You hypocrate.  Weren't you going to "save" those girls in the cafe?

Don't give me that.  We both know I did that because their pessimism was bringing down the mood, plus its my job.  Its not some self righteous idealism.

The red orb transformed into a ghostly form of Gezo, striking a pose similar to him at the cafe.  One arm out, a knife pointed towards the would be Forest's throat.  I can't turn my back on souls so tortured.  If you don't want to die, then cling to life with all you have, he said, putting one arm dramatically over his forehead and striking a pose that looked like it belonged in a melodramatic theater play.  Quit pretending you don't have a soft spot for people stumbling in the game of life.  You don't have to do your job here.

Why is everyone grilling me right now?

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 20, 2020, 09:22:52 PM »
Lawrence

He scratched his head awkwardly. God, this is why he hated kids. And he already had one annoying brat to babysit.

Hey... I can hear that...

Good.

"Look, I'm not telling you to do it. It doesn't really make a difference to me whether you act like a decent person or not. But... sorry, did you just try to sound smart? Because that didn't really sound right. Oh god... are you..."

He thought he was just dealing with a selfish prick with his head up his butt. But this whole talk about death, loads, and that overtly pretentious attitude of bringing up basic points, the utter uncaring way of pissing everything that surrounded him off and then talking like it didn't bug him.

I feel like you're still... dissing me.

You're damn right.

Lwrecne trembled in fear. This wasn't just your run in the mill asshole. He put his hand in front of his mouth in genuine fear.

"Are you a hipster?"

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 20, 2020, 10:47:03 PM »

Marc

Those eyes...!

The mobster stopped for a moment and just looked around, not even looking at Nep after what she just said. Instead, he just glanced at the ceiling lazily, like he was talking to just about anyone. "Hey... careful there. That's some scary talk."

He scratched his head aloofly and just toyed about, but there was a certain seriousness to those words.There went his doubts, she had to be the real deal. That, or suicidal.

"I've actually got a certificate in carpentry and masonry!"

He didn't even acknowledge the choking people to death part. Or maybe that was a bait-and switch. Anyways, he put his hands to his hip and grinned. "So you can tell that much just from the way I walk? Impressive. Do you... watch underground fights often?"

Neptune

"Okay listen up twerp..."

The floor lit up beneath her and as the purple haired begun sitting down a couch rose up from the floor to met her. Was this an effect of her magic or was it just her workshop that was rigged this way? No it couldn't be. She had just moved in the other day.

Indeed she had just made that thing as she sat down.

"I'm a pretty patient girl but there's only so much stalling I can take. Now stop playing stupid or we're gonna have a real painful relationship... Tea or coffee? Or maybe you want something that pucks more of a punch.... Hmm hmm... I do watch those fights sometimes it's important for my business, and I make tons of shady deals.... Are you supposed to be famous?"